The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Well see:lolbron:

There you go self limiting some of your options :mjgrin:
No sir!:russ: I’ll go look at the mountains like “oh shyt! Look at the mountains!” and then I head home. I mostly try to go places to get pictures. I’m cool on hiking or anything like that though lol. I just want to help our lady friend figure things out

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
No sir!:russ: I’ll go look at the mountains like “oh shyt! Look at the mountains!” and then I head home. I mostly try to go places to get pictures. I’m cool on hiking or anything like that though lol. I just want to help our lady friend figure things out

We share dat friend:wow:

Na I hear yea, she needs that help but it’s sounding unrelated to the city

Last edited:
Daps
The entire time I've been in Charlotte, people have complained that there is "nothing to do." There's no way there is nothing to do in a city this large.

Do ya'll actively look for stuff to do or just hope that stuff will fall in your lap? Because I have the opposite problem where there is TOO MUCH stuff I want to do and I don't have time to do it all.

Towlie

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you like sports Vance and north meck play tonight at Vance

Have to get there early (5:30 ish) cause it's gonna sell out

Huge game

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
The entire time I've been in Charlotte, people have complained that there is "nothing to do." There's no way there is nothing to do in a city this large.

Do ya'll actively look for stuff to do or just hope that stuff will fall in your lap? Because I have the opposite problem where there is TOO MUCH stuff I want to do and I don't have time to do it all.

What do you recommend for the early thirties crowd? The problem me and my girls have is that a lot of spots are geared toward those in the twenties age range.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

You’re right. I think people just look for the events that happen in uptown or whatever without looking stuff up online. I go to eventbrite and Charlotte on the cheap to look for events. Word of mouth is good too. There’s always stuff going on at Camp North End or people will tell you about stuff happening that you can’t find online usually.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

Thank you my “Never with the fukkery” Brother.

There be a lot of shyt to to here, it’s like every week some of my brehs in my group chats stay dropping info about new shyt.

And then, not trynna name drop but I’m cool with Chewy from 92.7 The Block and I stay see him doing shyt or promoting something.

I guess the people I know kinda stay connected

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Thank you my “Never with the fukkery” Brother.

There be a lot of shyt to to here, it’s like every week some of my brehs in my group chats stay dropping info about new shyt.

And then, not trynna name drop but I’m cool with Chewy from 92.7 The Block and I stay see him doing shyt or promoting something.

I guess the people I know kinda stay connected
I had to talk to Chewy when he recorded that crazy white boy sliding down the awning at the Epicentre.. cool dude. I just get tired of finding out about about shyt after the fact lol

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I had to talk to Chewy when he recorded that crazy white boy sliding down the awning at the Epicentre.. cool dude. I just get tired of finding out about about shyt after the fact lol

Yes he a cool dude.... I kinda was around to watch his rise. I first met him when he worked for 103 Streetz or whatever it’s called.

My company used do business with them then when he made the switch to The Block, I kinda made the connection with that station via him and we’ve worked together over a few events and became friends.

We used to go out to Top Golf together

Daps
What do you recommend for the early thirties crowd? The problem me and my girls have is that a lot of spots are geared toward those in the twenties age range.

If you're looking for places to socialize in general, I can't help you with that. I don't really like to party or "socialize" like that. What I do is search for my specific interests in Charlotte, and I look for stuff that I have never done before and want to try.

If you want to keep up with what is going on in the city, subscribe to the newsletters from Charlotte Agenda, CharlotteFive, and CLTure.

Go on meetup.com and Facebook and search for local groups that pertain to your interests.

Don't be afraid to try stuff out of your comfort zone. I recently tried curling, and I also tried axe throwing last year. I want to go to Coliseum V and try archery tag, and I want to go to the Whitewater Center and see what that's like. I may never do that stuff more than once, but I'm happy that I got to try it and don't have to wonder what it's like anymore.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
If you're looking for places to socialize in general, I can't help you with that. I don't really like to party or "socialize" like that. What I do is search for my specific interests in Charlotte, and I look for stuff that I have never done before and want to try.

If you want to keep up with what is going on in the city, subscribe to the newsletters from Charlotte Agenda, CharlotteFive, and CLTure.

Go on meetup.com and Facebook and search for local groups that pertain to your interests.

Don't be afraid to try stuff out of your comfort zone. I recently tried curling, and I also tried axe throwing last year. I want to go to Coliseum V and try archery tag, and I want to go to the Whitewater Center and see what that's like. I may never do that stuff more than once, but I'm happy that I got to try it and don't have to wonder what it's like anymore.

Thanks for the suggestions!

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

I think that’s what people mean who complain there’s “nothing to do” ... once you’ve done the social / entertainment stuff located at the city’s core, you’ve kinda DONE it and over it, and people are like “Now what?”:ld:

most people aren’t like you ... they’re attracted to the promo of the social scene in the core of the city — and right or wrong — their expectations become limited and skewed based on faulty promotion.

Most negroes ain’t checking for curling (even tho it’s fun af), they’re looking for more club/bar/chic/glam shyt that jumps out at you . That’s the billing that the ENTIRETY of black Charlotte got, and it’s fukked up that it’s pigeonholing the entire city and having an undue influence on how black folks in particular view their experience there because there’s plenty of fun “regular shyt” to do outside of that club shyt

But especially for the late 20s crowd and up, it’s like once you get out of the “going out” wave , folks sometime feel stuck because they haven’t been as creative as you when it comes to finding events, and without someone else who is open to such things being in their ear, they’re growth stays stunted and they get frustrated .

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I think that’s what people mean who complain there’s “nothing to do” ... once you’ve done the social / entertainment stuff located at the city’s core, you’ve kinda DONE it and over it, and people are like “Now what?”:ld:

most people aren’t like you ... they’re attracted to the promo of the social scene in the core of the city — and right or wrong — their expectations become limited and skewed based on faulty promotion.

Most negroes ain’t checking for curling (even tho it’s fun af), they’re looking for more club/bar/chic/glam shyt that jumps out at you . That’s the billing that the ENTIRETY of black Charlotte got, and it’s fukked up that it’s pigeonholing the entire city and having an undue influence on how black folks in particular view their experience there because there’s plenty of fun “regular shyt” to do outside of that club shyt

But especially for the late 20s crowd and up, it’s like once you get out of the “going out” wave , folks sometime feel stuck because they haven’t been as creative as you when it comes to finding events, and without someone else who is open to such things being in their ear, they’re growth stays stunted and they get frustrated .
100% truth! I’m not a club guy myself but I’d go with friends and co workers whenever they wanted to go but I’m like there has to be more to do here right? Again I use every site I can to find different shyt to do whether it’s eventbrite which usually will have free events that you can get tickets to, or charlottes got a lot, CLTure, Charlotte on the cheap, the Charlotte agenda, etc. I was the guy Tustin might hit up a bar or club or wait til an event pops up on Tryon or something. Not anymore.