The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
I want to settle down in NC, raise my kids there.

I got fam out in the Salisbury area. Mad peaceful out there :blessed:

Want a house on an acre or two with a porch that wrap all way around, so I sit back on a rocking chair and eyeball these cacs :mjpls:

Salisbury isn't bad at all. About 30 mins from Charlotte, 40 from Greensboro. Plus they have a black college (Livingstone)

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
after living here for a month and a half, i found out charlotte doesnt have any hoods, which is a good thing

I get what you're saying...there aren't any in-your-face, highly visible, glaring examples of low-income, impoverished communities. And you're gonna get that in cities like Charlotte, which are still relatively new to "big-city status..." which is laughable to Chi-town, LA, NYC peeps... I know.

Now keep in mind, it's only been about a decade since Charlotte has boomed.

Such cities usually have so much sprawl and revitalization projects and new construction that the poor get pushed to the crevices and out-of-sight parts of the city and county. And condo communities and apts. have neither had a chance to age yet nor experience a demographic shift in its inhabitants. Give it time.

Charlotte is still new. It has no character. No identity. There really is no "Charlotte" at this point ...it's just a haven for whomever.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC

⠀⠀⠀

HARRIS 2024
Daps
Reppin
CORONA, CA
saw a mclaren off by south park. shyt was clean as fukk.

maybe it was jeff gordon's or something since he live right off fairview

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im thinking about moving out to Cha. It's only a few hours from where I'm currently at. I just would rather be in CA, but CHA might not be too bad for a few months/years.

I party in CHA but how is it on a day to day? Is it as conservative as the rest of the state? The changing politics out here make me want to run out of NC.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
Im thinking about moving out to Cha. It's only a few hours from where I'm currently at. I just would rather be in CA, but CHA might not be too bad for a few months/years.

I party in CHA but how is it on a day to day? Is it as conservative as the rest of the state? The changing politics out here make me want to run out of NC.

:snoop: Gov McCrory man....and he was the mayor of Charlotte

Even the NYT is shyttting on us http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/10/opinion/the-decline-of-north-carolina.html?_r=0