The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
:yeshrug:

it's red but it ain't as hick in the cities as folks on the outside make it seem plus you're downplaying the amount of people who stay in rural areas (which I mentioned as "red/hick")

I agree The major 2 cities in NC haven’t been hick in a long time... still some pockets of unabashed southerness tho ... you how the Coli is tho ... anything not NYC, LA is hick.

But for our big 5: Char., Raleigh, Winston, GBoro and Durham , blue is majority although Forsyth is still competing with red.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I agree The major 2 cities in NC haven’t been hick in a long time... still some pockets of unabashed southerness tho ... you how the Coli is tho ... anything not NYC, LA is hick.

But for our big 5: Char., Raleigh, Winston, GBoro and Durham , blue is majority although Forsyth is still competing with red.
Let em find out

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
CIAA may have run its course here I could hardly tell the CIAA was in town riding around the city I didnt attend no real events so I might be wrong but seems like its time for it to head back to winston or raleigh...qc nkkas I talked to is over it

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
CIAA may have run its course here I could hardly tell the CIAA was in town riding around the city I didnt attend no real events so I might be wrong but seems like its time for it to head back to winston or raleigh...qc nkkas I talked to is over it
Yeah this was my third CIAA.. the first one was hopping man.. This year you couldn’t even tell CIAA was happening unless you were at the epicenter.

Daps
UNCC student arrested after telling doctor he ‘could not wait’ for school shooting

UNCC student arrested after telling doctor he ‘could not wait’ for school shooting
By Jane Wester

jwester@charlotteobserver.com

March 20, 2018 08:44 AM

The University of North Carolina at Charlotte student who wrote about why he wanted to commit a school shooting has been released from the hospital and was arrested, according to the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office website.

Matthew Saavedra, 20, has been charged with making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property. He will be arrested for trespassing if he comes onto UNCC’s campus, university police have said.

Police found blueprints of campus buildings and evacuation plans this month in Saavedra’s off-campus apartment, according to search warrants.

Saavedra discussed an “explicit detailed plan...about killing and harming our students and staff,” a UNCC police officer wrote in one search warrant. When police searched his room, they found the university’s emergency response guide attached to his wall, opened to the page about active shooters.

UNCC police learned about potential issues with Saavedra on March 3, when a police officer in King, northwest of Winston-Salem, called to say that he had gone to a medical clinic in King to talk with a doctor about ongoing mental health issues.

Saavedra told the doctor “he could not wait to buy a gun and shoot the university (UNCC) up,” adding that he was fascinated by school shootings and frequently used Reddit to learn about them, the search warrant said.

The doctor in King was worried enough to contact police, and Saavedra was voluntarily committed to a hospital in Winston-Salem.

A search warrant said that even though Saavedra is not allowed on campus, he has said he’ll stay in an apartment near the university.

UNCC sent a NinerNotice informational alert to students Tuesday, informing them of Saavedra’s arrest. An alert eight days earlier told students about a threat of gun violence on campus, related to the same case.

Police seized a laptop, posters, composition books and blueprints from Saavedra’s room but did not find any weapons, according to the search warrants.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
31072877_10101145698817920_2482486699041488896_o.jpg

@Call Me James move out here to Raleigh we clean outchea :mjgrin:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.

High key I think it has run its course there too. Didn’t hear any chatter about it this year. Im honestly curious, generally speaking, whether the non HBCU 18-21 black attendee pool as they age are gonna even rock with CI night events like that. That age range is really on some “other shyt” and the whole bottle poppin club stunt shyt feels like an archaic design to many of them (non ratchets :mjpls:). I feel like that generation is more into night activities that have more of a hipster, alternative element and feel.

CI used to be in Raleigh and Winston but it really popped in Charlotte but it was that 25-early 30 age group that got it poppin ... it’ll take the now 18-21,22 year olds to keep it poppin in that way once they get of age and get their money/connections right. I dunno if they’re gonna even be invested enough to keep the nightlife shyt poppin like that.

Low key, I could see CI morphing into some Tom Joyner cruise type shyt with the older folks taking over even more. That’s cool and it can still be fun but it’s not the best for sustainability and that younger energy won’t be as apparent, which means growth is stymied.

Charlotte needs another event to be the “black signature event” tho. Black Charlotte owes just as much to the CI as the CI owes to Charlotte.

I just don’t know what that next event would be ... however, it would bode incredibly well for Charlotte’s (especially “black Charlotte”) identity if that event can be homegrown ... but of course it doesn’t have to be .