The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

manning2nicks

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What up coli fam - Im actually going to be in Charlotte this coming Monday and Tuesday. Can anybody put me on to some good restaurants and places to grab drinks? Going with my lady - much appreciated!

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
First off.... shout out to @charknicks

Secondly..... any one fukking with the shyt going down this weekend?

So Fri at Smug Harbor Prince Paul aka Grim Reaper of the Grave Diggaz gonna be there. $15 cover charge.

Then school A&T (AGGIE PRIDE) playing UNC-Ch on Saturday. With the Aggies in the house I KNOW there is gonna be a party somewhere.

This weekend may be lit.

Martha

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
I have to let you know tomorrow. There is a Pajama Bar Crawl coming up Uptown. Cant recall if thats next weekend or the last weekend of the month.

Panty Dropping time:shaq:

Martha
I went on one of those uptown bar crawls a couple of years ago. Met some cool people :ehh:. I have a Dora the explorer onesie that would be perfect:ohlawd:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
First off.... shout out to @charknicks

Secondly..... any one fukking with the shyt going down this weekend?

So Fri at Smug Harbor Prince Paul aka Grim Reaper of the Grave Diggaz gonna be there. $15 cover charge.

Then school A&T (AGGIE PRIDE) playing UNC-Ch on Saturday. With the Aggies in the house I KNOW there is gonna be a party somewhere.

This weekend may be lit.

Martha
Man That's dope. Might have to try and check this out

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
where are you coming from?

I knew someone was gonna eventually ask:lolbron:

mh3S-VRD.jpg

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Man That's dope. Might have to try and check this out

I been there like once.... awhile back my old asian jawn invited me to some karokee night itish.

I here every Monday they have HipHop night but I never get to make that.

Also may need to check out Sounds & Sixteen, my peoples throw that every other Weds Uptown at Morehead Tavern...... matter fact it just ended tonight:mjlol:

Damn my bad I forgot to mention it to yall.

Wait, I'm bugging.... its just Wed now...... looking at my calender and too lazy to delete so see my mistake:snoop:

But yea.... tonight as in Wednesday night it goes down from 9pm-1am

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Damn that A&T vs UNCC game tomorrow gonna be damn near sold out. Only standing room seats left. I went ahead and copped my but its gonna be LIT.

I think the Aggies are taking over they stadium, I'm gonna be out in my blue and gold like a MOTHERfukkER out here repping and catching up with my alumni brehs. And when we WIN, its gonna be LIT... them parties tomorrow night gonna be:blessed:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Who is behind one of Charlotte’s hottest jazz clubs?

Who is behind one of Charlotte’s hottest jazz clubs?
By Page Leggett -
July 31, 2017

lonnie.jpg

Husband-and-wife team Lonnie and Ocie Davis created Charlotte’s hottest jazz club. But the Jazz Room, their pop-up club in a small, back-door space at the Blumenthal, is just one part of their nonprofit Jazz Arts Initiative (JAI). Lonnie serves as its president and CEO, and Ocie is the artistic director. The couple moved to the Queen City from New Orleans, after being displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

5 questions with Lonnie:

The Jazz Room is probably the most visible of JAI’s initiatives. What else does JAI do?
Yes, many people only know the Jazz Arts Initiative for our monthly Jazz Room concert series. However, music education is our most important focus. JAI offers youth programs, including Jazz In Schools, JazzArts Summer Music Camp, and JAI youth ensembles and workshops. We also support local musicians through our JazzArts Music Stage at Kings Drive Art Walk and the Charlotte Jazz Festival.

I love the Jazz Room. How you do describe what it’s like?
It’s a special place, one of the only true jazz listening rooms in Charlotte. Jazz Room is a casual and intimate, dimly lit space where the best local, regional, and internationally renowned artists re-imagine the music of jazz legends such as Billie Holiday, Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck, and others. The series attracts both jazz newbies and seasoned jazz lovers.

What upcoming Jazz Room concerts are you most excited about?
Our John Coltrane tribute (Aug. 9) and our Season 9 wrap-up, a tribute to the great vocalist Frank Sinatra (Sept. 15). These are both very popular shows, and tickets will likely sell out weeks in advance.

Charlotte isn’t The Big Easy; what’s kept you and Ocie here all these years? And what do you think of the Charlotte music scene?
It’s been over 10 years since Ocie and I relocated. Charlotte has truly embraced JAI’s mission. This community strongly advocates for the arts— and the overall support of the performing arts—which has helped make our work much easier. The Charlotte music scene has definitely developed significantly over the past decade. We hope some of the work we are doing to connect the cultural community through jazz has helped that effort.

What happens when you outgrow the Stage Door Theater?
That’s a great question! The Stage Door Theater is the perfect “jazz club” environment. I anticipate we will do our best to stay in this wonderful space, as a resident company of the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center. If needed, we’ll continue to expand by adding more days to the series, as we have done since our lone Tuesday evening concert four years ago. Jazz lives in the Queen City!

Jazz Room memberships, tickets, and more information are available at thejazzarts.org. Jazz Room concerts are held at The Stage Door Theater in the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center.

Lonnie my girl, she's good people.... I see her practically all the time and I've worked with her before a couple of times.

Good article, old pic though.... she aint had hair that long in awhile....lol

Martha