Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
random thought but it'd be cool if Netflix started airing live boxing cards..

Just came to my mind cause HBO used to show comedy specials and now seems like the big comedians are now doing Netflix instead

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
random thought but it'd be cool if Netflix started airing live boxing cards..

Just came to my mind cause HBO used to show comedy specials and now seems like the big comedians are now doing Netflix instead

That would be a good idea.

They using Facebook....might as well use Netflix.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Not so fast my friends.....

DLH has this special kind of stupidity in him, he is stupid on the same way Amir Khan is

there are guys in boxing who are seemingly not so bright like think about LSC or Joe Smith but they are just simple guys who are pro boxers, they don't think anything else about themselves which they are not, on the other hand DLH and Khan have this celeb/playboy type of highly deluded stupidity in them when they think they are actually witty and smart, but they are the furthest from that. It's not exactly smart dumb cause they don't really want to teach us anything (thank God) but it's based on delusion and stupidity.

after Canelo's career is over or if Canelo gonna make his own promotional company it will be over for GBP soon, the fact that Oscar could survive so long is due to his (less and less?) respected name in Mexico and that he has Canelo he won't last long without Canelo although there are some guys around him who seem to know what they are doing (Hopkins for example)

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
DLH has this special kind of stupidity in him, he is stupid on the same way Amir Khan is

there are guys in boxing who are seemingly not so bright like think about LSC or Joe Smith but they are just simple guys who are pro boxers, they don't think anything else about themselves which they are not, on the other hand DLH and Khan have this celeb/playboy type of highly deluded stupidity in them when they think they are actually witty and smart, but they are the furthest from that. It's not exactly smart dumb cause they don't really want to teach us anything (thank God) but it's based on delusion and stupidity.

after Canelo's career is over or if Canelo gonna make his own promotional company it will be over for GBP soon, the fact that Oscar could survive so long is due to his (less and less?) respected name in Mexico and that he has Canelo he won't last long without Canelo although there are some guys around him who seem to know what they are doing (Hopkins for example)

Eric Gomez said it wasn't done though.

Lance Puigmire created his own storyline, ODLH just clarified that isn't done yet. I don't see what DLH did wrong by saying ":whoa: we not done negotiating yet, GGG's side hasn't approved our contract yet":ld:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Eric Gomez said it wasn't done though.

Lance Puigmire created his own storyline, ODLH just clarified that isn't done yet. I don't see what DLH did wrong by saying ":whoa: we not done negotiating yet, GGG's side hasn't approved our contract yet":ld:
to reacting to that post specifically might have been misleading but I wasn't referring on that exact tweet

just in general :heh: seen ODLH's name again I had to share

btw it also shows how big of a fukk up his company is that their president and ODLH confute each other in public :mjlol:
They don 't even know what's happening in their own house :wtf:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
to reacting to that post specifically might have been misleading but I wasn't referring on that exact tweet

just in general :heh: seen ODLH's name again I had to share

btw it also shows how big of a fukk up his company is that their president and ODLH confute each other in public :mjlol:
They don 't even know what's happening in their own house :wtf:

nah, like I was telling @GzUp it's Lance puigmire's fault because Eric Gomez said the same thing.......Puigmire just was so thirsty to break the news lol:heh:

Not really....it's just everyone is running with Lance Puigmire's headline.

From your post above:

A deal for boxing’s biggest fight of 2018 is near completion.

Eric Gomez, Golden Boy Promotions’ president, told the Los Angeles Times on Thursday that Canelo Alvarez has agreed to contractual terms for a rematch against Gennady Golovkin. Assuming the contracts are finalized, their second middleweight title fight will take place May 5 either at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas or Madison Square Garden in New York, according to Gomez.

Mexico’s Alvarez (49-1-2, 34 KOs) and Kazakhstan’s Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs) fought to a debatable draw in their 12-rounder September 16 at T-Mobile Arena. There was not a rematch clause in their contracts for that fight, but Alvarez, 27, and Golovkin, 35, have indicated since their draw that their rematch is the fight they want next.

canelo-golovkin-new-york%20(7)_1.jpg

There isn’t a rematch clause in their contracts for this second showdown, either. Nevertheless, Gomez indicated all that’s left to complete the deal for this HBO Pay-Per-View event is for Golovkin and his handlers to sign off on their end.

“We’ve exchanged contracts,” Gomez told the Los Angeles Times. “We’ve gone through three revisions. I’m hoping for the last revision [Thursday night or Friday] and we’ll see. All the major points have been worked out. There’s some details that are important, but they’re not the major points.”

As for not having a rematch clause again, Gomez added, “It’s going to be another great fight, so it’ll likely be a natural to do another rematch. But it’s not in the agreement. We want to concentrate on getting this [second fight] done and then we can talk about a third fight later.”

As you might expect, Gomez believes Alvarez will win their rematch convincingly to take Golovkin’s IBF, IBO and WBA titles. Golovkin also owns the WBC title, but Alvarez isn’t expected to pay a sanctioning fee to fight for it due to his well-documented dispute with the Mexico City-based organization.

“I know Canelo’s going to win,” Gomez said. “I think Canelo figured him out in the last three rounds. Look at the fight. Canelo handled [Golovkin] those last three rounds. And this time around, Canelo’s going to have an easier time with him. Not an easy fight, but he has the experience now and he wants this fight.”

The venue for their rematch will be determined once both boxers agree to terms. They’ll likely return to T-Mobile Arena, but Gomez expects Madison Square Garden officials to make a strong bid, just as they did for the first fight.

Golovkin has fought three times at Madison Square Garden and twice in The Theater at Madison Square Garden over the past five years.

“It is expensive being in New York – the overhead, the hotels,” Gomez said. “But those are the two leading contenders and once we get the contracts signed, we’ll get to work.”

I blame Puigmire for creating a fire out of just a statement on what Canelo is doing.

Canelo only signed his side, which is of course GB's proposal, but K2/GGG have to look it over and then send back their contract for what they are looking for.

http://www.thecoli.com/posts/27947202/

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
true

some of those other names though... :gucci:

Josesito Lopez... in 2018? :scusthov: I almost forgot he exists by now

Antonio DeMarco in 2018? :scust:

they actually looked pretty good their last times out..demarco especially...he ko'ed a prospect in 1 round