Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:mjpls:

Lewis believes Horn didn't look his usual self when boiling down eight pounds in just 24 hours prior to the weigh-in and needs to move up to avoid a mandatory confrontation with pound for pound star Terence Crawford.

“Jeff Horn looked so drained at the weigh-in for the Corcoran fight, it was like he’d had a bout with Count Dracula the night before,” said Lewis to the Courier Mail.

“He looked emaciated," added the 2017 Boxing Hall of Fame inductee before commenting on what could be a tough ask to make weight again for Crawford.

“Jeff Horn has been the best thing to happen to Australian sport in a long time and I would hate to see him fight Crawford seriously disadvantaged.

"Jeff relies so much on his huge mental strength to keep pushing through. I’m not saying he can’t beat Crawford, but it’s madness to give him such a huge headstart,” pointed out Lewis.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
The feeling when you’re a mandatory challenger so this dude can go ahead and talk what he wants it doesn’t matter :ohlawd:

Talking about Mundine in 2017 :scust:

How Mundine can even became and stay this relevant in Australia @JohnnyTruant ? All of his fights were P4P there right? :dead:

There are a couple reasons - for one, he was a fairly famous rugby league player before he turned to boxing, so he came in with a pretty strong public profile. Also, he has followed the Mayweather model by portraying himself as they bad guy, so everybody watches his fights just to see him get knocked out (unlike Mayweather, however, we actually get to see that happen from time to time :russ:). Plus, at the end of the day, we just don't have that many fighters to choose from over here - I mean, who else do we have? Goofy-ass Jeff Horn? That racist juicer Lucas Browne? Daniel fukking Geale??? It's tough times our here for an Aussie boxing fan man, believe me. :mjcry:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Finally @ChocolateGiddyUp....it's finally here :ufdup:

Adrien Broner vs. Omar Figueroa in works for spring on Showtime
Mikey-Garcia-Adrien-Broner-weighin__by-Amanda-Westcott-Showtime03-770x514.jpg

by Mike Coppinger

Adrien Broner’s next fight is in the works.

The former four-division titleholder is being pegged for a springtime fight against Omar Figueroa, sources told RingTV.com. The fight is being scheduled for a main event slot on Showtime in either April or May.

Broner (33-3, 24 knockouts) hasn’t competed since an uncompetitive decision loss to Mikey Garcia in July. The Cincinnati native is just 28 years old, but he’s on the brink of opponent status if he can’t top Figueroa, and look impressive in the process.

Despite his name recognition and triumphs across four weight classes, Broner is devoid of a signature win about a decade into his career, with losses to Marcos Maidana and Shawn Porter.

Figueroa’s style figures to play into the counter-punching Broner’s hands. The hard-charging Texan has battled inactivity and hand injuries, but looked good in a three-round destruction of Robert Guerrero in July that sent the veteran into retirement.

That was the 28-year-old’s first fight in almost two years, and he’s finally now preparing for a name opponent. As Figueroa (27-0-1, 19 KOs) prepares to jump levels up in competition, he’ll do so armed with a television-friendly approach, and with a victory over Broner, he’ll be in prime position to make some noise.

Both fighters have bounced between 140 and 147 pounds, so the fight could take place at either weight, although welterweight is the likely division for this bout. Whatever weight it’s at, the fight figures to deliver plenty of action.

Figs about to get this work he should've got at 135 originally:birdman:

If AB loses, he's nothing more than a gatekeeper:manny:

There's no excuse to lose to an Omar Figueroa, so AB needs to look explosive:obama:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
There are a couple reasons - for one, he was a fairly famous rugby league player before he turned to boxing, so he came in with a pretty strong public profile. Also, he has followed the Mayweather model by portraying himself as they bad guy, so everybody watches his fights just to see him get knocked out (unlike Mayweather, however, we actually get to see that happen from time to time :russ:). Plus, at the end of the day, we just don't have that many fighters to choose from over here - I mean, who else do we have? Goofy-ass Jeff Horn? That racist juicer Lucas Browne? Daniel fukking Geale??? It's tough times our here for an Aussie boxing fan man, believe me. :mjcry:

mundine man..i mean the dude became a champion...cant knock it..him getting ko'ed by ottke was just :francis: :mindblown:

few fighters i dislike more than sven ottke...i could not understand why some of these cats couldnt knock his block off..he was so basic...and mundine came in as a 10 fight novice and made him look so foolish...he was so close to taking that belt off ottke...winning all 3 cards and everything..so close :beli:

but that mundine was raw and young...this one today is old is and finished