Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
need some help brehs. i'm looking for a fight that was on ESPN a couple years ago between a brazilian and mexican fighter. the brazilian was taller and lanky and all of his brothers died from violence in the favelas. i can't remember their names but want to see that fight again.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
need some help brehs. i'm looking for a fight that was on ESPN a couple years ago between a brazilian and mexican fighter. the brazilian was taller and lanky and all of his brothers died from violence in the favelas. i can't remember their names but want to see that fight again.
any more details? :patrice:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
That's not even a little bit true. Lomachenko gets WAY more credit from fans, and specifically Boxing media for beating Rigondeaux compared to Mayweather beating Marquez. When have you heard a Mayweather fan (who you believe knows boxing) or boxing media defend his legacy by bringing up the Marquez win? I ask, because if you posted that tweet without further explanation, I'm going to assume you agree with it.

Lomachenko beats Rigondeaux and people are making comparisons to Mayweather, Chavez, Duran etc.There's even a thread right now comparing Lomachenko to Mayweather. Mayweather beat Marquez and I don't recall anyone saying that win makes them believe he can beat Ray Robinson, Leonard, Hearns etc. Nobody on any boxing forum and no boxing journalist ever made a thread or article after the Mayweather vs Marquez fight saying, "Hmmm, Based on Mayweather's performance against Marquez, I think he can beat Sugar Ray now?" It just didn't happen.

Whether Mayweather is "TBE" or whatever is a matter of opinion, and a debate I'd rather not touch. However, I have ears, and have never heard boxing experts bring up the Marquez fight as Mayweather's #1 win when talking about his greatness.

As far as my opinion on discussing Loma vs Mayweather, my thoughts are in that thread.

Yes, Loma has been called overrated after beating Rigo...you can read the fight thread for that fight as well for verification.

And as far as all the outlandish things that have been said about Floyd, i dont feel like rehashing those debates about a retired fighter:manny:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
That's not even a little bit true. Lomachenko gets WAY more credit from fans, and specifically Boxing media for beating Rigondeaux compared to Mayweather beating Marquez. When have you heard a Mayweather fan (who you believe knows boxing) or boxing media defend his legacy by bringing up the Marquez win? I ask, because if you posted that tweet without further explanation, I'm going to assume you agree with it.

Lomachenko beats Rigondeaux and people are making comparisons to Mayweather, Chavez, Duran etc.There's even a thread right now comparing Lomachenko to Mayweather. Mayweather beat Marquez and I don't recall anyone saying that win makes them believe he can beat Ray Robinson, Leonard, Hearns etc. Nobody on any boxing forum and no boxing journalist ever made a thread or article after the Mayweather vs Marquez fight saying, "Hmmm, Based on Mayweather's performance against Marquez, I think he can beat Sugar Ray now?" It just didn't happen.

Whether Mayweather is "TBE" or whatever is a matter of opinion, and a debate I'd rather not touch. However, I have ears, and have never heard boxing experts bring up the Marquez fight as Mayweather's #1 win when talking about his greatness.

There's absolutely a double standard... Floyd got tons of shyt for the Marquez fight cause he brought him up 2 divisions

LennoxWine

All Star
Daps
Ppl who call Floyd TBE don’t call him that because he beat JMM so I don’t understand the comparison

I don’t say they right or wrong now just that it’s not because JMM so this in alone is hardly hypocrisy

There's absolutely a double standard... Floyd got tons of shyt for the Marquez fight cause he brought him up 2 divisions
Floyd got zero credit for that JMM W :dahell:
Which is why I don't understand Newzz post. The Marquez fight isn't one of Mayweather's victories that he's championed for. Even the most hardcore Mayweather fans won't use that fight as the #1, 2, or 3rd reason they feel he's so great. "TheFightGuru," tweeted that and Newzz felt the need to post that to make a point about hypocrisy that frankly isn't true.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Ppl who call Floyd TBE don’t call him that because he beat JMM so I don’t understand the comparison

I don’t say they right or wrong now just that it’s not because JMM so this in alone is hardly hypocrisy

It should've said Loma bashed by fans for his win, Floyd praised by fans for his win. Thats what i agree with.

However, I just posted it for the hell of it

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Floyd got zero credit for that JMM W :dahell:

In the Boxing media & in the fans minds, its exactly reversed.

Beating JMM: Floyd praised by fans, bashed by Media.

Beating Rigo: Loma get praise from Media, bashed by fans.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Which is why I don't understand Newzz post. The Marquez fight isn't one of Mayweather's victories that he's championed for. Even the most hardcore Mayweather fans won't use that fight as the #1, 2, or 3rd reason they feel he's so great. "TheFightGuru," tweeted that and Newzz felt the need to post that to make a point about hypocrisy that frankly isn't true.

I didnt post anything except a tweet to create discussion :dahell:

You dont know what I think about it, bc I didnt say until i just responded to Res post above. How you can take a non comment & create one for me is wild breh:heh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Jeff Horn is Firm, Wants "Millions" To Face Terence Crawford

WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) is looking for a huge payday - if promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank wants him to face mandatory challenger Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) next.

According to reports, Horn might be looking for millions to get in the ring with Crawford.

The Courier Mail notes that Top Rank obtained two fight options on Horn - as part the Aussie fighter's upset win over Manny Pacquiao at Suncorp Stadium on July 2.

horn-crawford_1.jpg

As part of the two-fight deal, Horn was guaranteed at least $750,000 per fight. He satisfied one of those fights last Wednesday night, when he stopped Englishman Gary Corcoran.

Horn's team, consisting of trainer/manager Glenn Rushton and promoter Dean Lonergan, have made it clear that a payday of even $1 million would be too light for a Crawford defense.

Arum is reportedly targeting the date of April 21 to stage the fight, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“I can tell you now, Jeff won’t be fighting Crawford for $1 million,” Lonergan told the paper.

“This is a huge fight, pitting a man who beat an 11-time world champ (Pacquiao) against a fighter who is unbeaten in 32 bouts and regarded by many as the world’s best boxer, pound-for-pound. This will be one of the biggest fights in the world in 2018.”

Crawford became the mandatory challenger after he vacated all four of his junior middleweight titles to make the leap to the welterweight limit of 147. Because he was the WBO champion at 140, he automatically becomes the mandatory challenger at the higher weight division.

Another factor to come into the fold, Horn has also been offered a $2 million payday against former world champion Anthony Mundine in what would be a major fight on Australian soil.

But there are issues in making a deal with Mundine, as he views himself as the bigger name of the two and wants the bulk of the money involved in that fight.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Jeff Horn is Firm, Wants "Millions" To Face Terence Crawford

WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (18-0-1, 12 KOs) is looking for a huge payday - if promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank wants him to face mandatory challenger Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs) next.

According to reports, Horn might be looking for millions to get in the ring with Crawford.

The Courier Mail notes that Top Rank obtained two fight options on Horn - as part the Aussie fighter's upset win over Manny Pacquiao at Suncorp Stadium on July 2.

horn-crawford_1.jpg

As part of the two-fight deal, Horn was guaranteed at least $750,000 per fight. He satisfied one of those fights last Wednesday night, when he stopped Englishman Gary Corcoran.

Horn's team, consisting of trainer/manager Glenn Rushton and promoter Dean Lonergan, have made it clear that a payday of even $1 million would be too light for a Crawford defense.

Arum is reportedly targeting the date of April 21 to stage the fight, at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“I can tell you now, Jeff won’t be fighting Crawford for $1 million,” Lonergan told the paper.

“This is a huge fight, pitting a man who beat an 11-time world champ (Pacquiao) against a fighter who is unbeaten in 32 bouts and regarded by many as the world’s best boxer, pound-for-pound. This will be one of the biggest fights in the world in 2018.”

Crawford became the mandatory challenger after he vacated all four of his junior middleweight titles to make the leap to the welterweight limit of 147. Because he was the WBO champion at 140, he automatically becomes the mandatory challenger at the higher weight division.

Another factor to come into the fold, Horn has also been offered a $2 million payday against former world champion Anthony Mundine in what would be a major fight on Australian soil.

But there are issues in making a deal with Mundine, as he views himself as the bigger name of the two and wants the bulk of the money involved in that fight.

I mean if you top p4p you should be able to provide a bag for your opp:jbhmm:

We bashed GGG for it :manny:

N them dikk riders like word on the curb swear he a superstar so it should be nothing to give Horn the champ some Ms:smugfavre: