Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
I know he was a scrub, but DAMN @ that KO
fEPLIie.gif

if a southpaw slips a right hand outside and comes back over it with a left hand, thats a good counter. rigondeaux does it a lot, maybe better than anybody. but if you throw your right hand and try to come back with a jab, now its a great counter. because now the southpaw can get you to run right into it.

YZbM9w1.gif

i was always waiting for somebody, please anybody, to get pacquiao with that. because when pacquaio throws that left hand he comes back right away with the jab a lot. nobody ever got him with it , but he seemed to get everybody with that left hand, and then would come back right away and get them with that jab. go figure. youre supposed to come back with a clean up hook there but southpaws and guys who have to fight southpaws dont do it. because the angle is all funny.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
DISRESPECT

Arum: Crawford at Level of Leonard, Hagler; Lomachenko Unique

by Tamas Pradarics

The stage is set for one of the most anticipated boxing matches in years. Vasyl Lomachenko and Guillermo Rigondeaux headline later tonight at the Madison Square Garden Theater in Manhattan, New York.

Negotiations for a super-fight between the two-time Olympic gold medalists had been on and off for years but a number of reasons prevented the matchup to come together.

Finally, this past September Rigondeaux (17-0-0-1, 11 KOs), who holds the WBA super bantamweight championship, decided to take a huge challenge and jump up two weight divisions to take on WBO super featherweight belt holder Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs).

lomachenko-crawford-rigondeaux_1.jpg

Both Lomachenko and Rigondeaux are ranked in the top 5 on all major P4P lists.

During Thursday’s final press conference another one of the highest rated pugilists appeared in Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs).

The Omaha, Nebraska native, who unified all four belts at super lightweight with a historic win over then-unbeaten Julius Indongo this past August, is scheduled to meet the winner of next week’s WBO welterweight championship bout between titleholder Jeff Horn and his challenger, Gary Corcoran.

Questions quickly arose regarding arguably the two best Top Rank fighters at the moment.

”Terence Crawford has a great, great skill level, he is an extremely smart fighter, traditionally, when you look at fighters, like Ray [Leonard], [Marvin] Hagler and so on, he fits right in there with them. The difference between him [Crawford] and Lomachenko is that Lomachenko has a skillset like we have never seen before,” said Bob Arum to a group of reporters during Thursday’s press conference in New York.

”Terence Crawford has a skillset that is equal or better, than the best fighters we have seen, but it is not as an unusual skillset as Lomachenko has.”

BoxingScene.com has Crawford listed at No. 1 on their P4P list, Lomachenko at No. 4 and Rigondeaux at No. 6. The Ring’s P4P list ranks Crawford at No. 2, Lomachenko at No. 3 and Rigondeaux at No. 4 with middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin holding the No. 1 spot.

Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux is promoted by Top Rank and will be televised live on ESPN (6 p.m. ET/3 p.m. PT) on Saturday, December 9.
Arum: Crawford at Level of Leonard, Hagler; Lomachenko Unique
This is the second time I have seen Loma next to Crawford...Loma is not a small dude and I don't think moving up to at least 135 shouldn't be a problem. At 140, I think skill wise he is far superior to anyone other than former 140 lb'er Crawford, but that is when he may want to be a little careful of changing weight too quickly.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I love how Arum sweeps under the rug that lomachenko has a pro loss...salido whooped him...i have yet to say that about t-craw

Because it doesn't mean anything.

Every "best fighter of all-time" has lost but Floyd. That 1 loss, to a guy who outweighed him by 11 pounds on fight night, means nothing in the grand scheme of what Arum is saying. Loma skill set will be on display tonight.:ahh:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Because it doesn't mean anything.

Every "best fighter of all-time" has lost but Floyd. That 1 loss, to a guy who outweighed him by 11 pounds on fight night, means nothing in the grand scheme of what Arum is saying. Loma skill set will be on display tonight.:ahh:

@Newzz so u saying he got salido problems?:troll: