Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I forgot he turned "Brehzeale" into "The Elephant Man":damn:

5fffa91126c862fd545e5bbe8853d60e.jpg

:damn:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Video: Bernard Hopkins Gets Deep on Canelo vs. Golovkin - Boxing News

B hop dropping straight up JEWELS in this video. And nah he's not on his canelo dikk riding shyt, he's actually dropping knowdge that every young boxer should pay attention to. They asked him what adjustments canelo needs to make for the rematch.

"If I'm gonna go on a road trip. If I'm smart. I'm gonna check the tires. But the first thing ima check is the needle on that gas tank. If I gotta go from Phoenix to LA, how I'm gonna go on a quarter tank of gas?"

I'm actually glad canelo's stamina gave out now. During the fight I was hot. But now his whole team and everybody around him knows loud and clear he can't reach his full potential without serious improvements to his endurance. He's just lucky his stamina gave out vs a one dimensional fighter like little g. If this woulda happened vs charlo or Jacobs, it coulda been drastic. The fact that he had such a limited fighter in front of him he was still able to do everything he wanted even on an empty gas tank. That won't work vs some of these more skilled guys.

And b hop did drop one line at little g though...

"This man has no plan B. He never needed it. He's in New York, at 12 noon in Manhattan with no reverse in his car":russ:

Oscar needs to arrange a sit down with b hop and canelo ASAP. He has too much wisdom that he can drop on him. canelo needs that tough love in regards to his stamina problems.

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Late....but goddamn did Canelo make that fight harder than it had to be :snoop:

Completely disregarding his corner's instructions...and doing all that uneccessary backpedling playing right into GGG's hands.

There was no tactical advantage to all that movement he was doing...Canelo can't counter or box effectively going backwards...all it did was give GGG the neccessary space he NEEDED to establish his jab and set up his offense...while rendering his own offense ineffective. :snoop:

If yall noticed...every rd Canelo won, and/or everytime he was landing meaningful punches, he was standing flatfooted in the center of the ring at mid-range, slipping and countering, or at close range smothering GGG's jab while pushing him backwards...and GGG had nothing for it..i said before the fight he has the best chance beating GGG at mid-to-close range (in the center of the ring) where he can neutralize his jab...and use his superior handspeed and head movement to slip and counter and eventually get GGG to start moving backwards (a postion where GGG is unable to mount an effective offense) but he was going to have to stand his ground and fight...he has all the tools to pull this off, he just didn't utilize em and completely ignored his corner who gave him pretty much identical instructions...fought an extremely tactically dumb fight.

And still had it a draw. :manny:

And where the hell was Canelo's counter right hand??? Counter left hook to the body??? Both were there all night if he wanted it.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Late....but goddamn did Canelo make that fight harder than it had to be :snoop:

Completely disregarding his corner's instructions...and doing all that uneccessary backpedling playing right into GGG's hands.

There was no tactical advantage to all that movement he was doing...Canelo can't counter or box effectively going backwards...all it did was give GGG the neccessary space he NEEDED to establish his jab and set up his offense...while rendering his own offense ineffective. :snoop:

If yall noticed...every rd Canelo won, and/or everytime he was landing meaningful punches, he was standing flatfooted in the center of the ring at mid-range, slipping and countering, or at close range smothering GGG's jab while pushing him backwards...and GGG had nothing for it..i said before the fight he has the best chance beating GGG at mid-to-close range (in the center of the ring) where he can neutralize his jab...and use his superior handspeed and head movement to slip and counter and eventually get GGG to start moving backwards (a postion where GGG is unable to mount an effective offense) but he was going to have to stand his ground and fight...he has all the tools to pull this off, he just didn't utilize em and completely ignored his corner who gave him pretty much identical instructions...fought an extremely tactically dumb fight.

And still had it a draw. :manny:

And where the hell was Canelo's counter right hand??? Counter left hook to the body??? Both were there all night if he wanted it.
It was his stamina. Plain and simple. People talking like little g forced him to the ropes. But canelo was never forced anywhere. He moved wherever he wanted. He went to the ropes cause he needed a rest. Whenever he got a burst of energy he went back to the middle of the ring and took it to little g on the inside. All canelo needs to do is work on his conditioning and it's a wrap. He don't even need good stamina, just decent. He went 9 rounds on empty and still got a draw. If he just manages full energy for 6 rounds he wins easily.

Even a lot of the people who had little g winning are picking canelo in the rematch cause they know canelo has much more to offer, While little g performed as good as he can. If little g actually pressures canelo on the inside, he's gonna get lit the fukk up. If he tries to go to the body, he's gonna get lit fukk up. Little g can't make any type of adjustments without taking a shyt load more punishment in the process. The rematch will be a landslide win for canelo as long as he improves his stamina even slightly. Canelo will dead all the controversy just like ward did in the kovalev rematch.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Life in The Ring has no meaning if you have no more fighters to stan :mjcry:

This is very good.

You can't even have an objective conversation with all this team crap. Guys "stanning" another grown man. These boxers could be out raping someone and these "stans" will defend them.

Nah man that team shyt has to go.

I just enjoy the sport. It's okay to admire someone's talent, but I feel guys on here take it to the extreme.

♤♡♢♧
Daps
Reppin
the real hiphop.
It was his stamina. Plain and simple. People talking like little g forced him to the ropes. But canelo was never forced anywhere. He moved wherever he wanted. He went to the ropes cause he needed a rest. Whenever he got a burst of energy he went back to the middle of the ring and took it to little g on the inside. All canelo needs to do is work on his conditioning and it's a wrap. He don't even need good stamina, just decent. He went 9 rounds on empty and still got a draw. If he just manages full energy for 6 rounds he wins easily.

Even a lot of the people who had little g winning are picking canelo in the rematch cause they know canelo has much more to offer, While little g performed as good as he can. If little g actually pressures canelo on the inside, he's gonna get lit the fukk up. If he tries to go to the body, he's gonna get lit fukk up. Little g can't make any type of adjustments without taking a shyt load more punishment in the process. The rematch will be a landslide win for canelo as long as he improves his stamina even slightly. Canelo will dead all the controversy just like ward did in the kovalev rematch.
Yup that's what it all comes down to, stamina. With that he'd be a pretty much complete fighter and would win the rematch without a doubt. Its frustrating cause people been saying this shyt about his stamina for yeeears but there has been no notable improvement even though he had a new strength and conditioning trainer for this fight. If anything his stamina looked worse than ever against GGG. :beli:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Yup that's what it all comes down to, stamina. With that he'd be a pretty much complete fighter and would win the rematch without a doubt. Its frustrating cause people been saying this shyt about his stamina for yeeears but there has been no notable improvement even though he had a new strength and conditioning trainer for this fight. If anything his stamina looked worse than ever against GGG. :beli:
that's why in that aspect this draw may end up being the best thing that ever happened to him. if his stamina gave out 3 rounds later and he won the fight in decisive fashion, his stamina issues would just keep getting swept under the rug. up to this point he's been able to rack up wins even with shyt endurance so he's probably never seen it as a major issue. but this fight made it clear that he needs to make this shyt a priority. it's no laughing matter anymore....this shyt is officially an emergency. he was able to get through this last fight cause he was facing such a limited fighter, but he might not able to escape vs more talented boxers. I was impressed as shyt he still managed to land the cleaner shots and win rounds when he had no energy left, but why make the shyt so difficult on himself. canelo with good stamina is beating anybody at 160. fukk all these conditioning coaches with their exercise science degrees. he needs somebody who is proven in the sport of boxing. we always see all these videos of canelo hitting the mitts and the bag but rarely any video of him working on his endurance. with floyd, we'd see countless videos of him working on his conditioning...same with ward and b hop. to be truly great, you gotta have great conditioning. i'm glad that b hop brought it up though. he needs to hammer that into canelo's head.

♤♡♢♧
Daps
Reppin
the real hiphop.
that's why in that aspect this draw may end up being the best thing that ever happened to him. if his stamina gave out 3 rounds later and he won the fight in decisive fashion, his stamina issues would just keep getting swept under the rug. up to this point he's been able to rack up wins even with shyt endurance so he's probably never seen it as a major issue. but this fight made it clear that he needs to make this shyt a priority. it's no laughing matter anymore....this shyt is officially an emergency. he was able to get through this last fight cause he was facing such a limited fighter, but he might not able to escape vs more talented boxers. I was impressed as shyt he still managed to land the cleaner shots and win rounds when he had no energy left, but why make the shyt so difficult on himself. canelo with good stamina is beating anybody at 160. fukk all these conditioning coaches with their exercise science degrees. he needs somebody who is proven in the sport of boxing. we always see all these videos of canelo hitting the mitts and the bag but rarely any video of him working on his endurance. with floyd, we'd see countless videos of him working on his conditioning...same with ward and b hop. to be truly great, you gotta have great conditioning. i'm glad that b hop brought it up though. he needs to hammer that into canelo's head.
I totally agree with everything, with good stamina he outboxes everyone in 154-160.