Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Now there IS truth to this

not really...when is the last time thats actually happened?

here's a screenshot of the fights of the years from the 90s up

upload_2017-9-9_13-6-58.png

if we use that criteria, only holyfield vs tyson really meets it

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Nah I'm taking number 1. I don't know how Tim Bradley took that shyt in that corner. I'm here watching this shyt like " ham it up a little why don't you :gucci:"
Imagine being the one trapped in that corner and he gets that twitch in his eyes and he grabs you by your head locking eyes with you before he goes for that oscar bait speech :damn:
"Listen your concentration is weaving a little bit.........pick it up..........PICK IT UP" you're in the corner like
LNZlmL0.png

"WE ARE FIREMEN. THE HEAT DOESN'T BOTHER US. WE LIVE IN THE HEAT"
LNZlmL0.png

WE'RE AT HOME, WE'RE WHERE WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE"
LNZlmL0.png

Nah I'm taking GGG and Texas walker bolo shots before I go through that
Animated GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

GvDgGl4lbBIc0
Keep in mind though, BATB aka Mr. Gimme That Zero, BKA 2pac of Boxing (thanks to @patscorpio for the nicknames) came out after that round and KO'd Rios, who'd never been KO'd before and BATB is a notoriously soft puncher. That motivation must be crazy.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
not really...when is the last time thats actually happened?

here's a screenshot of the fights of the years from the 90s up

View attachment 18806

if we use that criteria, only holyfield vs tyson really meets it
About to watch jmm Diaz forgot about that fight so I'll fall back... I used to like jmm until he cheated n altered boxing's history n prime of Manny, and it wasn't just fight 4 jmm juiced....

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
About to watch jmm Diaz forgot about that fight so I'll fall back... I used to like jmm until he cheated n altered boxing's history n prime of Manny, and it wasn't just fight 4 jmm juiced....
Were you cool with Manny building him name off of being a juiced fighter and turning down random testing though :mjpls:

Marquez tested clean but if he was juicing, it just sounds like karma to me :sas2:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 9/8:

- Canelo has a rematch clause, GGG does not.
- The judges for Canelo-GGG will be chosen on Monday.
- The promotion for Canelo and GGG has been lackluster. It hasn't helped that Canelo closed his training camp.
- The promoter's foot the bill for the HBO 24/7 production.
- Has GGG been really hurt in a fight? No.
- Expects GGG to try to get his jab going vs. Canelo.
- Thinks that there may be a mean streak in GGG and resentment for how long it took him to get this big fight.
- Over/under 2 million PPV buys for GGG-Canelo? Under. 2 million PPV buys has only been done 4 times, it is very hard to do (all involve Mayweather: Pacquiao, McGregor, ODH, and Canelo)
- Absolutely a travesty there is no US TV deal for Usyk vs. Huck.
- Has been a Huck fan for many years, but it pains him that he believes Usyk will win.
- Picking Chocolatito to win a decision in a tough fight. Inoue knocks out Nieves mid fight and Estrada edges Cuadras in a good one.
- Hopes we see less headbutts in Chocolatito vs. Sor.
- Chocolatito will likely never be #1 PFP again. It isn't that he still isn't a good fighter, just that other fighters have surpassed him.
- If Chocolatito and Inoue win, could see Chocolatito fight the Estrada-Cuadras winner (with Inoue on the card), and then fight Inoue after that.
- The SuperFly card is definitely up there for best card of the year.
- Saw Inoue working out Thursday night wearing a rubber suit as he is trying to make weight.
- Ward is his #1 PFP since beating Kovalev.
- Crawford vs. Danny Garcia? Better chance of getting struck by lightning twice while cashing a winning Powerball ticket than that getting made right now.
- Andrade is probably going to 160.
- Thinks LSC and Frampton will fight again, but not in the next fight or two.
- Loves the Lubin vs. Charlo fight. Lubin has big goals and Charlo isn't a ducker.
- Jose Luis Castillo for the HOF? No. He badly missed weight twice and was DQ'd in major fights.
- Conor McGregor would have been beaten much worse had it been vs. a younger fighter. Does believe Floyd carried him a bit.
- Adonis Stevenson for HOF? No and it is not even close.
- The TR story about Verdejo's injury seems like BS. Something very fishy.
- The first Carbajal vs. Chiquita fight was sick.
- Carbajal had freakish power for a 108 lb person.
- JCC disgraced himself in the fight vs. Canelo. Anyone who pays 5 cents to watch JCC fight again is an idiot.
- If Ward were to move up to HW and beat Joshua would his legacy be better than Floyd's? Althought it would be very impressive, that one fight does not make his legacy better than Floyd's 21 years.
- There was supposed to be a press conference on Saturday for Andre Ward where he was going to give info on what was next. It was never officially announced and cancelled.
- Jacobs is planning on having another fight this year.
- IBF rankings are generally brutal.
- Cotto vs. Mikey Garcia? Laughable, but if they somehow made it, at least it is two good names in a mismatch.
- Spence wants to fight again this year. If it doesn't happen, they are shooting for January.
- Trout has always been a good boxer, but thinks he has problems with Hurd's size, power, and aggressiveness.
- Margarito quit vs. Carson Jones and he didn't deserve the decision.
- Wilder vs. Ortiz? Fight is basically made at this point.
- No US TV for Parker vs. Fury. At this point the fact it is Youtube PPV in the UK is pathetic.
- JDJ and Kovalev? Sounds a little bit like sour grapes from a guy who got fired.
- Jack vs. Bivol is a very interesting fight. Thinks Jack prefers to fight Stevenson.
- Don King did a horrible job promoting Ricardo Lopez.
- The Charlo's have a lot of work to do to make their way into Klitschko, Marquez brother success category, but they are both very good and take their careers very seriously.
- Brahmer vs. Brant fight location? Thinking Germany.
-Not an embarrassing fight for Quillin. He is coming off a long layoff, moving up in weight, and needing an opponent on short notice. Johnson's record is bad, but he has fought everyone, is durable, and is not a bum.
- Diego Corrales for HOF? Insane that he has never been on the ballot. He is borderline worthy, but should get a vote.

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps
Were you cool with Manny building him name off of being a juiced fighter and turning down random testing though :mjpls:

Marquez tested clean but if he was juicing, it just sounds like karma to me :sas2:

Except Marquez has photos of himself with back and chest acne. Pacquiao never has.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
-Not an embarrassing fight for Quillin. He is coming off a long layoff, moving up in weight, and needing an opponent on short notice. Johnson's record is bad, but he has fought everyone, is durable, and is not a bum.

True.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Never really felt Manny was cheating in his prime, if cheating happened it happened in his Barrera one days but not in his prime..I felt that Manny was so scared of a Floyd match he ducked by any means necessary, it wasn't just the drug test, Manny had two dozen other excuses left and right to kill the fight....I felt him ducking testing, was simply him ducking a Floyd fight, even if gave the implications he was cheating and his PR team manhandled that issue

And jmm ducked vada testing for the Bradley match and nearly killed the fight if I recall correctly, fukk jmm