Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Daps
9538d72e6611761058331759ecab128f.png

@Newzz :wow:

@Mr Leonidas come unfold your mans he was last seen getting folded like a cardboard box :francis:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

@Mr Leonidas come unfold your mans he was last seen getting folded like a cardboard box :francis:

@Mr. Leonidas

We knew this was going to happen, James called it perfectly:whew:

John David Jackson: Sergey Kovalev is a Real Assh*le - He Quit!

By Michael Doss

Three months ago, unified light heavyweight champion Andre Ward 32-0 (16 KOs) earned his claim as boxing’s top pound for pound fighter and erased any doubts by stopping Sergey Kovalev 30-2-1 (26 KOs) inside of eight rounds in their highly anticipated rematch.

Seven months prior, Ward had won a highly disputed decision over the “Krusher”.

Prior to and since the June loss, Jackson and Kovalev have had a lot of public friction between the two. The former world champion turned trainer has kept quiet for the most part on the status between himself and his longtime pupil.

sergey-kovalev%20(4)_7.jpg

Even prior to the Ward rematch, BoxingScene.com had broken a story that Jackson had been in talks with members of Ward's team to jump ship - because of the internal rift within the Kovalev camp.

Jackson recently told ATG Radio his current status with Kovalev:

“Right now by the way it looks now, I am not his trainer anymore. I was there for the rematch because there really wasn’t anything for us. Adonis hadn’t stepped up to the plate. That was the logical fight for him," Jackson said.

“I knew for the second fight that Ward was going to crowd him, if you give Sergey distance you’re in trouble, Ward is a very intelligent fighter so he knew going into the second fight that he had to crowd Sergey. I knew that we could have won the rematch but Sergey started making money, getting big headed and he didn’t want to train hard anymore. Every camp was worse and worse."

In the rematch, Ward's main strategy was to target Kovalev's body - which Jackson admits is the boxer's weak spot.

“I wanted the second fight to prove that we won the first fight but in camp for the second fight he did less than in the first. If he isn’t hungry anymore, that’s on him. He showed his true colors but if he comes back he is damaged goods. He would probably beat a couple of guys but now they know your secret. You can’t take it to the body, you’re in trouble," Jackson said.

“I've been trying to teach him for years to fight on the inside, in Camp, Don Turner was there and can witness. I was doing some body work on Sergey, I made him fold up. I’m 54 years old and he couldn't take it. I told Don, if Ward can get inside, withstand his early shots then he (Sergey) is in trouble and that is what happened, he proved me right.

“Before the second fight, I didn’t say much, I wasn’t trying to build the fight up or brag on my guy because I knew if Ward fought even half as he did last fight then it was over.

On Kovalev blaming him for the rematch loss to Andre Ward:

“Sergey likes to talk trash. He said a couple of things. He's blaming me for the loss but let me tell you this, you can’t blame me for your loss when you quit. He quit! Once Andre started hitting him to the body he was done," Jackson said.

“I told Don Turner in camp, if Ward goes to the body, Sergey is done, he can't take it to the body. So, right now he is trying to blame me for his loss but if you don’t train properly for the fight you can't blame me, you can’t blame me for things that you don’t do in camp that make you a better fighter and win a fight.”

On the controversy of speaking with Ward’s camp prior to the June rematch:

“I got a call but I kept it under wraps, a call to switch camps. Sergey and I have been going through stuff for years because he is a real assh*le, he is really bad. So I got a phone call from somebody in Ward’s camp and said, "What do you think about coming to our side" and then I said that you would have to make it worth my while," Jackson said.

“But if I do this they are going to call me a traitor and then a backstabber but they don’t know how this guy is in camp. So think about it, you call me in January, fight is in June but you are dragging on. It got to the point that I was in the office, every fight this guy (Kovalev) wants to cut my purse, he is a real piece of work.

“I was even guaranteed by others that I would get my full percentage after the fight but it was dragged out by Wards side, it was not Andre Ward’s fault, let me say that, I’m not blaming anybody. It just didn’t work out, so I stayed on his (Kovalev's) side but he didnt train. If you knew this cat in real life, you would want to leave his camp too”

On Kovalev’s selfish behavior:

“He makes Russian people look bad, all the Russians that I’ve trained, they are wonderful people man. They would give you the shirt of their back. This guy (Kovalev), is a complete d*ck. He wants everything for himself," Jackson said.

“Just a really selfish person, I hate to say it but I heard he is saying all kinds of stuff. He is just that bad but here is my thing, people said, "Well, you should have just left him" but my loyalty was to Main Events and his manager because they were always good to me.

“They made sure that every fight I got paid what I was supposed to. This cat here, when he got paid, he didn’t want to pay you. I stayed for them.

Thoughts on who Kovalev will work with in the future and how it will work out:

"Mann, everyone has a hard time with him (Kovalev). He thinks that he did everything himself, he gave me no credit, Main Events no credit. He says that he done this all on his own.

“Every fight he became worse and worse. All I say is that the next person who trains him better get a contract signed before because you won’t get paid what you are supposed to. You know it’s bad when everything that this guy has, he has his emblems on it. Krusher on everything. His car, his house, everything in the gym has it, the bags, everything. But when all of this sh*t drops, he is going to see how it is for him.

“Main Events, they still need him and hopefully he will be there for them. At light heavyweight, he had such a hard time making weight first of all. There isn’t much he can do at light heavyweight now. This other kid Artur Beterbiev, he was the person that I always thought would have beat Sergey. The reason why I say that is because he is a tremendous puncher and would have went to his body. He would break Sergey down. Andre was just smarter and got to him first."

John David Jackson: Sergey Kovalev is a Real Assh*le - He Quit! - Boxing News

Too bad JDJ aint got no respect from his fellow trainers within the trainers fraternity at this point, because he sold out for the money:wow:

@mr. smoke weed how long have I been saying that Beterbiev beats both Kovalev and Stevenson?:sas1:

Once SOG retires, the LHW division is Beast's to run:obama:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps

Low blows will do that to ya, what can I say? :yeshrug:

@Mr. Leonidas

By Michael Doss

Three months ago, unified light heavyweight champion Andre Ward 32-0 (16 KOs) earned his claim as boxing’s top pound for pound fighter and erased any doubts by stopping Sergey Kovalev 30-2-1 (26 KOs) inside of eight rounds in their highly anticipated rematch.

Prior to and since the June loss, Jackson and Kovalev have had a lot of public friction between the two. The former world champion turned trainer has kept quiet for the most part on the status between himself and his longtime pupil.

Even prior to the Ward rematch, BoxingScene.com had broken a story that Jackson had been in talks with members of Ward's team to jump ship - because of the internal rift within the Kovalev camp.

“Right now by the way it looks now, I am not his trainer anymore. I was there for the rematch because there really wasn’t anything for us. Adonis hadn’t stepped up to the plate. That was the logical fight for him," Jackson said.

“I knew for the second fight that Ward was going to crowd him, if you give Sergey distance you’re in trouble, Ward is a very intelligent fighter so he knew going into the second fight that he had to crowd Sergey. I knew that we could have won the rematch but Sergey started making money, getting big headed and he didn’t want to train hard anymore. Every camp was worse and worse."

In the rematch, Ward's main strategy was to target Kovalev's body - which Jackson admits is the boxer's weak spot.

“I wanted the second fight to prove that we won the first fight but in camp for the second fight he did less than in the first. If he isn’t hungry anymore, that’s on him. He showed his true colors but if he comes back he is damaged goods. He would probably beat a couple of guys but now they know your secret. You can’t take it to the body, you’re in trouble," Jackson said.

“I've been trying to teach him for years to fight on the inside, in Camp, Don Turner was there and can witness. I was doing some body work on Sergey, I made him fold up. I’m 54 years old and he couldn't take it. I told Don, if Ward can get inside, withstand his early shots then he (Sergey) is in trouble and that is what happened, he proved me right.

“Before the second fight, I didn’t say much, I wasn’t trying to build the fight up or brag on my guy because I knew if Ward fought even half as he did last fight then it was over.

“Sergey likes to talk trash. He said a couple of things. He's blaming me for the loss but let me tell you this, you can’t blame me for your loss when you quit. He quit! Once Andre started hitting him to the body he was done," Jackson said.

“I told Don Turner in camp, if Ward goes to the body, Sergey is done, he can't take it to the body. So, right now he is trying to blame me for his loss but if you don’t train properly for the fight you can't blame me, you can’t blame me for things that you don’t do in camp that make you a better fighter and win a fight.”

“I got a call but I kept it under wraps, a call to switch camps. Sergey and I have been going through stuff for years because he is a real assh*le, he is really bad. So I got a phone call from somebody in Ward’s camp and said, "What do you think about coming to our side" and then I said that you would have to make it worth my while," Jackson said.

“But if I do this they are going to call me a traitor and then a backstabber but they don’t know how this guy is in camp. So think about it, you call me in January, fight is in June but you are dragging on. It got to the point that I was in the office, every fight this guy (Kovalev) wants to cut my purse, he is a real piece of work.

“I was even guaranteed by others that I would get my full percentage after the fight but it was dragged out by Wards side, it was not Andre Ward’s fault, let me say that, I’m not blaming anybody. It just didn’t work out, so I stayed on his (Kovalev's) side but he didnt train. If you knew this cat in real life, you would want to leave his camp too”

“He makes Russian people look bad, all the Russians that I’ve trained, they are wonderful people man. They would give you the shirt of their back. This guy (Kovalev), is a complete d*ck. He wants everything for himself," Jackson said.

“Just a really selfish person, I hate to say it but I heard he is saying all kinds of stuff. He is just that bad but here is my thing, people said, "Well, you should have just left him" but my loyalty was to Main Events and his manager because they were always good to me.

“They made sure that every fight I got paid what I was supposed to. This cat here, when he got paid, he didn’t want to pay you. I stayed for them.

"Mann, everyone has a hard time with him (Kovalev). He thinks that he did everything himself, he gave me no credit, Main Events no credit. He says that he done this all on his own.

“Every fight he became worse and worse. All I say is that the next person who trains him better get a contract signed before because you won’t get paid what you are supposed to. You know it’s bad when everything that this guy has, he has his emblems on it. Krusher on everything. His car, his house, everything in the gym has it, the bags, everything. But when all of this sh*t drops, he is going to see how it is for him.

“Main Events, they still need him and hopefully he will be there for them. At light heavyweight, he had such a hard time making weight first of all. There isn’t much he can do at light heavyweight now. This other kid Artur Beterbiev, he was the person that I always thought would have beat Sergey. The reason why I say that is because he is a tremendous puncher and would have went to his body. He would break Sergey down. Andre was just smarter and got to him first."

Too bad JDJ aint got no respect from his fellow trainers within the trainers fraternity at this point, because he sold out for the money:wow:

@mr. smoke weed how long have I been saying that Beterbiev beats both Kovalev and Stevenson?:sas1:

James did call JDJs treachery out months ago. And here the Judas is now talking salty about the KRUSHER. But in fairness, KRUSHER wasn't treating him right and was being disrespectful. Still remember him saying in that HBO interview with Lampley that JDJ taught him nothing smdh :snoop:

So I'll say this- I was a huge fan of the boxer and what he did in the ring. Outside the ring he was a real piece of shyt and made mad racist statements. So fukk KRUSHER and JDJ:pacspit:

Daps
@Mr. Leonidas

By Michael Doss

Why retire now when we can make sure better-behave knows his place

as second to Ward in the light heavyweight division :desiigner:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Beating Beterbiev is good too, but I think SOG ready to call it a wrap shortly.

1. Adonis Stevenson
  2. Joseph Parker

^^^^ Im hoping for SOG to take these fights as his next 2 fights, and then stroll of into the sunset as TBE to debut in this century:blessed:

#SOGGang

:soggang:

Mr. Leonidas

All Star
Daps

I can almost guarantee Ward NEVER even mentions Beterbiev's name much less steps in the ring with him. Too much risk and zero reward. Cuz Beterbiev will not gas, he will not get emo and flustered, and his team won't fall apart internally...

...but if they ever fought, my $ is on SOG unless Beterbiev fights someone with a pulse in the top 5 and beats them handily. He's too unproven and his comp been basura.

Here's my question to you tho- Ward and his team have mentioned Joshua as an opponent. Yet when they talk about moving to cruiserweight, which is waaaaay more realistic than heavyweight, they only bring up 1 name- Bellew.

Why is that? Theres a cruiserweight tourney about to start with literally the top 6 cruiserweights in the world. Why not target the winner of that tourney, who will obviously be #1? Why target a bum who isn't even in the top 10? Wouldn't you rather he face Usyk which is naturally the more significant challenge?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I can almost guarantee Ward NEVER even mentions Beterbiev's name much less steps in the ring with him. Too much risk and zero reward. Cuz Beterbiev will not gas, he will not get emo and flustered, and his team won't fall apart internally...

...but if they ever fought, my $ is on SOG unless Beterbiev fights someone with a pulse in the top 5 and beats them handily. He's too unproven and his comp been basura.

Here's my question to you tho- Ward and his team have mentioned Joshua as an opponent. Yet when they talk about moving to cruiserweight, which is waaaaay more realistic than heavyweight, they only bring up 1 name- Bellew.

Why is that? Theres a cruiserweight tourney about to start with literally the top 6 cruiserweights in the world. Why not target the winner of that tourney, who will obviously be #1? Why target a bum who isn't even in the top 10? Wouldn't you rather he face Usyk which is naturally the more significant challenge?

i wholeheartedly agree with you except one thing..bellew isnt a bum..certainly not at CW..he was the WBC champ before he got the champion emeritus status to go fight haye which means whoever who holds the WBC belt after WBSS, he can go after them

bellew is a bigger more known name than all of the other cruiserweights in the tournament
bellew has a higher recent profile win than all the cruiserweights in the tournament.
the creed link/angle (danny stuntman wheeler vs pretty ricky conlan) :bryan:
bellew is physically of similar size to ward
bellew is more of a draw in his country than ward is here in america - so money

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Beating Beterbiev is good too, but I think SOG ready to call it a wrap shortly.

1. Adonis Stevenson
  2. Joseph Parker

^^^^ Im hoping for SOG to take these fights as his next 2 fights, and then stroll of into the sunset as TBE to debut in this century:blessed:

#SOGGang

:soggang:
Wouldn't mind seeing him vs Stevenson and Badou Jack