Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Dawg be real, if your mans wasn't from OH would you really be putting in this kind of effort arguing that Charlo vs Lubin shouldn't be the main event?

:dwillhuh:?

Im going off of facts that have been thrown at me in other arguments about Lara breh, it has 0 to do with Gausha because a B-Side in the main event doesn't count on your stats to me:hubie:

I've always stated that Lara is not a draw, and I was proven wrong by @ChocolateGiddyUp in which he proved that Lara is the biggest TV draw at 154.:manny:

You can check for yourself, and tell me how 2 lesser draws in Charlo & Lubin (who I like MUCH more than Gausha:ufdup:) should be main event over a guy who's main evented multiple cards and did better numbers in his last vs Yuri Forman than either of them did in their last fights?:jbhmm:

Has Charlo ever even main evented a card? Lubin? And if they did, what were the views?:ohhh:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Same night as LSC's card on Oct 14th:whoo:

Charlo-Lubin, Hurd-Trout, Lara-Gausha - Showtime Triple, 10/14

By Keith Idec

An intriguing super welterweight title bout between champion Jermell Charlo and mandatory challenger Erickson Lubin will cap off a packed night of televised boxing October 14.

BoxingScene.com has been informed that an announcement is imminent regarding a Showtime tripleheader featuring the Charlo-Lubin bout from Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Houston’s Charlo (29-0, 14 KOs) will defend his WBC 154-pound championship against the 21-year-old Lubin (18-0, 13 KOs), a highly regarded contender from Orlando, Florida.

Showtime’s tripleheader will include two more super welterweight title bouts.

charlo-lubin.jpg

In the co-featured fight, Jarrett Hurd (20-0, 14 KOs), of Accokeek, Maryland, will make the first defense of his IBF junior middleweight title against ex-WBA champion Austin Trout (30-3, 17 KOs), of Las Cruces, New Mexico. The telecast also will match Miami-based Cuban southpaw Erislandy Lara (24-2-2, 14 KOs) in a defense of his WBA super world super welterweight title against Cleveland’s Terrell Gausha (20-0, 9 KOs).

A press conference to officially announce the October 14 tripleheader is expected to take place sometime next week in New York.

The three fights Showtime is set to air are among five televised bouts Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions has put together for October 14. Showtime’s tripleheader will immediately follow FOX’s broadcast of tune-up fights featuring featherweight champions Leo Santa Cruz and Abner Mares from StubHub Center in Carson, California.

Santa Cruz (33-1-1, 18 KOs), of Rosemead, California, has agreed to defend his WBA super world featherweight championship against Chris Avalos (27-5, 20 KOs), of Lancaster, California, in the FOX main event. Mares (30-2-1, 15 KOs), of Montebello, California, will make the first defense of his WBA world featherweight title against Mexico’s Andres Gutierrez (35-1-1, 25 KOs) before Santa Cruz and Avalos square off.

Santa Cruz, who beat Mares by majority decision in August 2015, and Mares have reached a financial agreement for a rematch that is to take place within the first quarter of 2018 if they win their respective tune-up bouts October 14.

FOX’s doubleheader will be off the air October 14 before Showtime’s tripleheader begins.

The card headlined by Charlo-Lubin is expected to be the first of two within a three-week span at Barclays Center.

Another show is tentatively scheduled to take place there November 4. Deontay Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs), of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, likely will make an optional defense of his WBC heavyweight title against Cuban southpaw Luis Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs, 2 NC) in the main event that night, but a Wilder-Ortiz deal had not been finalized as of Wednesday morning.

Charlo-Lubin, Hurd-Trout, Lara-Gausha - Showtime Triple, 10/14 - Boxing News

@ChocolateGiddyUp you get first dibs on the thread, because you the A-Side breh. If you pass, I got it:ehh:

#HammerHeads
#OhioPlayers

Damn if I saved up enough money by then I'm going and I'll be doing uber eats during the day in NYC

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
breh its only a matter of time before it happens before a name MMA fighter beats a name pro

i mean we've had kickboxers come through, beat name fighters, and some won legit world titles
Yeah but even they had build ups to adjust to boxing. Vitali was gonna compete in the Olympics but denied because of drug tests. Benn had an amateur career and won military championships. Thailand has a strong boxing scene, muay thai guys do tons of boxing sparring and some like samart had extensive tune ups and training. And even then the training and conditioning for kickboxing is closer to boxing. Which is why they don't gas while throwing pitty pat shots :mjgrin:

Last edited:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
What's the point of winning all the belts if you're just going to immediately vacate and not defend the undisputed Championship?:ohhh:

The winner of Crawford vs. Indongo was ordered, by the IBF, to face mandatory challenger Sergey Lipinets (12-0, 10 KO).

There was very little time to make Crawford vs. Lipinets happen, as Lipinets promoter Tom Brown bypassed the negotiations period and requested an immediate purse bid - which the sanctioning body scheduled for August 31.

Whats the point of fighting a guy like Lipinets who is in the same tier of fighter as the guys yall DONT want Crawford to fight.
:comeon:

At least Indongo won his belts off two champs.

Just imagine having to hear folks shyt on Crawford for fighting Lipinets.

Acceptable Crawford fights according to the haters:
- Keith Thurman
- Errol Spence Jr
- Mikey Garcia (40)

Meanwhile, those guys (at 47) aint even fought each other yet.
:mjlol:

i told you before...come to the east coast breh :myman:

you got the mares-lsc doubleheader at stubhub on your end as consolation

At least I can say I saw the Hammer live and also the (good)Charlo Uppercut heard round the world.
:wow:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Whats the point of fighting a guy like Lipinets who is in the same tier of fighter as the guys yall DONT want Crawford to fight.

This makes 0 sense to me breh:manny:

"Im going to become undisputed Champion, only to vacate a couple weeks later."

If having all the belts meant as much as yall tried to make it seem when yall was running and trying to pump up him facing a bum in Indongo that yall have never even seen win a fight in America, he should be fighting someone who also would beat Indongo & is the mandatory......Lipinets.....in order to remain undisputed Champion at 140 if he intends on campaigning there. If not, it's pointless.

At least Indongo won his belts off two champs.

:usure:

He won his belts off 2 bums....and he's very slightly less of a bum than they are.

He was just as trash as I expected since Day 1.

Charles Manyuchi 2017.

Just imagine having to hear folks shyt on Crawford for fighting Lipinets.

Lipinets would be the 2nd best fighter Crawford has ever even faced though, so that speaks more on him than Lipinets:dead:

Besides, just imaging having to hear folks boost up Crawford for fighting Jeff Horn:mjpls:

Acceptable Crawford fights according to the haters:
- Keith Thurman
- Errol Spence Jr
- Mikey Garcia (40)

Meanwhile, those guys (at 47) aint even fought each other yet.
:mjlol:

Keith Thurman fought Danny Garcia & Shawn Porter
Danny Garcia fought Keith Thurman
Shawn Porter fought Kell Brook & Keith Thurman
Kell Brook fought Shawn Porter & Errol Spence
Errol Spence has fought Kell Brook

Crawford has fought only Viktor Postol breh.....ANY fighter that aint just an average Top Rank bum will suffice at 147:forreal:

Last edited:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
This makes 0 sense to me breh:manny:
"Im going to become undisputed Champion, only to vacate a couple weeks later."
If having all the belts meant as much as yall tried to make it seem when yall was running and trying to pump up him facing a bum in Indongo that yall have never even seen win a fight in America, he should be fighting someone who also would beat Indongo & is the mandatory......Lipinets.....in order to remain undisputed Champion at 140 if he intends on campaigning there. If not, it's pointless.
:usure:

He won his belts off 2 bums....and he's very slightly less of a bum than they are.
He was just as trash as I expected since Day 1.
Charles Manyuchi 2017.
Lipinets would be the 2nd best fighter Crawford has ever even faced though, so that speaks more on him than Lipinets:dead:
Besides, just imaging having to hear folks boost up Crawford for fighting Jeff Horn:mjpls:

Keith Thurman fought Danny Garcia & Shawn Porter
Danny Garcia fought Keith Thurman
Shawn Porter fought Kell Brook & Keith Thurman
Kell Brook fought Shawn Porter & Errol Spence
Errol Spence has fought Kell Brook

Crawford has fought only Viktor Postol breh.....ANY fighter that aint just an average Top Rank bum will suffice at 147:forreal:

Sergey Lipinets has 12 fights, hasn't fought anyone expectionally better than Indongo or Burns or the Russian or Postol or even Gamboa Lundy levels :mjlol: but you're trying to shine him up...where are the consistency police
:mjlol: Crawford would kill that boy

And He already said he's looking to move up to 47...what's the confusion you win, and you move up...I can't tell you why he hasn't vacated the others maybe because they didn't require him to sign for a fight a week after/purse bid when he just finished one and hasn't made his official next move.

You can call Indongo a bum but TC would've likely fought whoever had the belt If the business was right
:manny:

I was referring to Thurman-Spence since those are the title holders, along with Horn...he has to fight Spence or Thurman in most people eyes.

And he's said he wants to fight for a belt when he gets to 47, none of those guys Porter Garcia Brook got belts and are all trying to claim one, all that said with the ESPN deal...it's really nobody to talk about other than Pac Horn winner. None of ALs 147 guys gonna fight on ESPN.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Sergey Lipinets has 12 fights, hasn't fought anyone expectionally better than Indongo or Burns or the Russian or Postol or even Gamboa Lundy levels :mjlol: but you're trying to shine him up...where are the consistency police
:mjlol: Crawford would kill that boy

Im trying to shine Lipinets bc Im saying he's better than Indongo?:dahell:

Watch 1 fight of Lipinets and its obvious he's more talented than that African bum.

Indongo couldnt even throw a straight punch.

And He already said he's looking to move up to 47...what's the confusion you win, and you move up...I can't tell you why he hasn't vacated the others maybe because they didn't require him to sign for a fight a week after/purse bid when he just finished one and hasn't made his official next move.

Where do you see any confusion on my end breh?:lupe:

I said in my post "if he intends on still campaigning at 140", like the article stated he would ( "Now with three of the world titles around his waist, it appears Crawford - at least for the moment - is sticking around in the junior welterweight division. Crawford Vacates IBF Title, Lipinets To Fight For Vacant Belt - Boxing News ), so im asking then what was the point to become undisputed for 2 weeks to only vacate 1 of the belts. That's makes 0 sense to me.

If having all the belts meant as much as yall tried to make it seem when yall was running and trying to pump up him facing a bum in Indongo that yall have never even seen win a fight in America, he should be fighting someone who also would beat Indongo & is the mandatory......Lipinets.....in order to remain undisputed Champion at 140 if he intends on campaigning there. If not, its pointless

You can call Indongo a bum but TC would've likely fought whoever had the belt If the business was right
:manny:

I was referring to Thurman-Spence since those are the title holders, along with Horn...he has to fight Spence or Thurman in most people eyes.

And he's said he wants to fight for a belt when he gets to 47, none of those guys Porter Garcia Brook got belts and are all trying to claim one, all that said with the ESPN deal...it's really nobody to talk about other than Pac Horn winner. None of ALs 147 guys gonna fight on ESPN.

Why not? Thurman & Swift have fought on there already, and Porter/Brook/Spence arent divas. They'll fight anyone, anywhere.

It sounds like im hearing the beginnings of a built in excuse for Crawford to get a pass to face Jessie Vargas, Jeff Horn, and Mike Alvarado:ohhh: