Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I detest Warren, the biggest promoter in the land, but never really ventures out of his comfortable zone. I guess what Don King done to him back in the 90's still hurts him :russ: You can see why all his big name fighters all end up leaving him to go on their own, they get fed up with all his BS. I jsut couldnt see Warren puttin in all the work Mick Hennesey did to get Froch a WBC title shot in the 1st place.

Warren still doesnt have a cash cow since Khan left him. You can see why Terry Marsh tried to shoot Warren all those years ago

I don't really know Warren but for someone to shoot you in a country where guns are illegal means you are or were involved in some shyt :whew:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I don't really know Warren but for someone to shoot you in a country where guns are illegal means you are or were involved in some shyt :whew:

Guns are guns, they will always be about, plus with European borders more open, you get alot of ex East Bloc soldiers bringin and sellin guns out here so :manny: 2 teenagers got shot dead yesterday in seperate parts of London (not hyping it just sayin, the whole theres no guns in the UK is lulz when brehs try and come with that talk).

Also Warren has gangland ties also, but less said about that the better

Ned

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Frank Warren is a bytch. I can't see anyone ever defending him. Don King is better for fight fans absolutely.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Gavin Rees: Sorry, But Broner Too Good For Ricky Burns! - Boxing News
By Edward Chaykovsky

Gavin Rees has sent a warning to his countryman, WBO lightweight champion Ricky Burns. Based on what he experienced on Saturday night in Atlantic City, Rees is advising Burns (35-2, 10KOs) to stay clear of WBC champion Adrien Broner (26-0, 22KOs). After taking punishment and suffering two knockdowns, Rees was stopped in five rounds by Broner.

Burns, who faces IBF champion Miguel Vazquez in a unification bout on March 16th, is the man who Broner wants to fight next.

"To be honest, I can't see Ricky getting close to beating him," Rees said to ESPN UK.

"It pains me to say this, but Broner's too good. His hands are so fast that Ricky won't even see the punches coming. He also hits extremely hard. He has phenomenal power for a lightweight.

"Broner is far and away the best I've been in with. He really is something. No-one has ever treated me like that in the ring. I've sparred with Ricky. Sorry, I can't see him handling this boy."

Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn, how you gonna respond to this Ricky? :youngsabo:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
On who's list?

He's already the 2nd best fighter under 154 to me

images

:ufdup:

Broner aint shyt he struggled and got hands landed on him over and over by shytty ass Rees, whats he gonna do against them beast at 140, somebody with fukking power....................................:stopitslime:

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Khan is all speed, no defense.

I cant see Khan going 12 rounds with Broner:yeshrug:
:childplease:

Khan would box his head off something serious

The Broner dikkriding over getting hands laid on him in a fight he was supposed to dominate, a fight where the other corner was looking to stop the fight for no reason, a fight where Rees clearly let up and let Broner unleash that vicious body blow on him, Broner aint shyt and is definitely no Floyd.

He's using the shoulder Roll all wrong, and it doesn't work well when your walking fighters down, there is a reason Mayweather switches to a coventional D, or the high guard when being a stalker

ElTerrible

Rookie
Daps
The shoulder roll is for defensive fighters who counter (Mayweather, Toney), Broner, I believe, idolized Floyd and stole his stance but it doesnt work for the type of fighter he is. Because hes an offensive fighter who uses it, hes going to get hit. Up to now, hes so much bigger that when he hits back, the other fighter goes to sleep. If he goes to 140, guys like Rios will take his punch and deliver back. Itll come down to who folds first.

I also think Khan's speed and footwork would lead to an easy UD over Broner, sure Khan has no chin but we dont know what Broners power will be like at 140. Its possible he gets stronger but Khan presents a very tough fight for him IMO

RedBull

All Star
Daps
Reppin
On KRS One's nose, eating sunflower seeds.
I think Broner is more James Toney then a Mayweather style wise.

When have we ever seen Floyd eat punches like that?

Does Broner have a track record for eating punches? Or are you assessing him from his recent fight? Also James was a great defender, are you saying Broner is a great defender? I kinda confused to what you're saying.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Does Broner have a track record for eating punches? Or are you assessing him from his recent fight? Also James was a great defender, are you saying Broner is a great defender? I kinda confused to what you're saying.

When it comes to the Philly Shell, Broner was more like Toney the other night.

He can't be compared Mayweather slick wise. because Floyd couldn't be touched in defense mode.

But like Toney, Broner sat in the pocket and counter punched. Then jumped back into a shell.

Thats just my opinion tho from his last fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:

Khan would box his head off something serious

The Broner dikkriding over getting hands laid on him in a fight he was supposed to dominate, a fight where the other corner was looking to stop the fight for no reason, a fight where Rees clearly let up and let Broner unleash that vicious body blow on him, Broner aint shyt and is definitely no Floyd.

He's using the shoulder Roll all wrong, and it doesn't work well when your walking fighters down, there is a reason Mayweather switches to a coventional D, or the high guard when being a stalker
First off, let me brush my waves before I get to you.

3747931_o.gif

Now.........Rees cleary let up?:shaq2:

Broner destroyed that dude starting from the end of the 3rd Round and the fight could've been stopped when Broner hit him with that 16 punch combo in the 4th round....what fight were YOU watching breh:dwillhuh:

You right, Broner aint shyt.............but ranked #6 currently in the world at 23 years old with a 26-0 perfect record:umad:

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
:ufdup:

Broner aint shyt he struggled and got hands landed on him over and over by shytty ass Rees, whats he gonna do against them beast at 140, somebody with fukking power....................................:stopitslime:
:wtb:

He DID take a lot of punches and Rees showed that a fighter with some speed and head movement can get to Broner, especially to the body, but he didn't struggle. He knew he could handle Rees' power and wasn't too worried about being hit. He came for a knockout, and stood in there to get it. I just don't think he can do that when he moves up.

I'd love to see him fight Danny Garcia, Amir Khan, and the other big GB fighters at 140. Except after this fight, I'm not so sure he'd dominate them. And I think Brandon Rios would walk right through him, but that fight won't happen unless Bob Arum dies.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
...but can Broner take Gamboa's power is the real question :ohhh:

Anyways,

A Canadian super fight between former world champions Jean Pascal and Lucian Bute is reportedly in the works to take place at the Bell Centre in Montreal on a date to be determined. InterBox (representing Bute) and GYM (representing Pascal) are hoping to finalize the deal in the coming days. Pascal had been expected to face Chad Dawson next

In the words of the People's Champion...........FINALLY.......