Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Also why's he's not all that popular. It sucks, but that's how it is. Being great and black in America in a sport dominated by black Americans, you have to have some sort of personality to bring attention to yourself.

Again, it sucks, but that's just the way it is.

Anywho......:obama: that boy Broner is an offensive machine but he's gotta continue working on his defense because if he can't face Burns/Vazquez winner and has to move up to 140 he can't afford to take those clean shots, those boys are some monsters :whoo:

Also if he plans on taking on Gamboa next, he also can't afford to take those clean shots...THAT's the fight I wanna see next

Where you at, "Fif"? :jawalrus:

...only 23, he and Canelo are some anomalies :dwillhuh:

i really wouldn't call canelo an anomaly yet...dude has been fighting professionally way before he finished puberty...typically them nikkas burn out at the latest by their early 30s..if he's still fighting at a high level by 33,34,35 then id say he's an anomaly

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
i really wouldn't call canelo an anomaly yet...dude has been fighting professionally way before he finished puberty...typically them nikkas burn out at the latest by their early 30s..if he's still fighting at a high level by 33,34,35 then id say he's an anomaly

Yup Mexican/Latin fighters generally all seem to be shot/downside by the time they hit 28-30. How JMM still does it at his age is just :mindblown:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
135 is a weak division. If Burns don't want it then broner at 140 will be interesting and to add he will be fighting in one of the best divisions at the moment.

Frank Warren, is all that needs to be said.

Like how can Eddie Hearn & Mick Hennessy get their fighters world title fights vs top fighters but yet Warren cant.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Frank Warren, is all that needs to be said.

Like how can Eddie Hearn & Mick Hennessy get their fighters world title fights vs top fighters but yet Warren cant.

Warren probably believes that he can make more money milking Burns undefeated streak till he retires but he fails to see that a Broner fight is the highest payday Burns will ever see because there are no other draws at 135.

Warren messed up by choosing Vazquez. Burns shall lose the belt and Vazquez will fight Broner and get more money then Burns was offered. :russ:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease:

Ponce De Leon is a champion breh, not some bum/scrub ass fighter. He only lost 3 other times.....to Celestino Caballero, Juan Manuel Lopez, and Gamboa (44-4 career record)

He was an Olympian, the Champ at 122, moved up to 130 to fight The Problem....lost, and then moved back down to 126 is now the current WBC Champ there. Young Problem was only 21 at that time and Ponce De Leon was a big step up in competition for him:manny:

Regardless we currently #6 on the P4P List and climbing:blessed:

I remember watching DPDL's early fights on the spanish-language channels and being like :skip: at his style, , but he can punch and found myself rooting for him against Celestino Caballero. After that lost I thought that was going to be it for him.
I'm still amazed to see how for he has gotten with that ugly style.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Warren probably believes that he can make more money milking Burns undefeated streak till he retires but he fails to see that a Broner fight is the highest payday Burns will ever see because there are no other draws at 135.

Warren messed up by choosing Vazquez. Burns shall lose the belt and Vazquez will fight Broner and get more money then Burns was offered. :russ:

I detest Warren, the biggest promoter in the land, but never really ventures out of his comfortable zone. I guess what Don King done to him back in the 90's still hurts him :russ: You can see why all his big name fighters all end up leaving him to go on their own, they get fed up with all his BS. I jsut couldnt see Warren puttin in all the work Mick Hennesey did to get Froch a WBC title shot in the 1st place.

Warren still doesnt have a cash cow since Khan left him. You can see why Terry Marsh tried to shoot Warren all those years ago