Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Considering his cousin is Emmanuel Augustus, I agree 1000%

Went from football to bouncing/street fighting to MMA...

then again, there's not telling how well he was :eat: off that strikeforce contract :ehh:

His cousin is Augustus:ohhh:

Augustus gave Floyd the toughest fight of his career IMO, great tricky fighter, shame he got robbed as many times as he did

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
His cousin is Augustus:ohhh:

Augustus gave Floyd the toughest fight of his career IMO, great tricky fighter, shame he got robbed as many times as he did

yeah that fight was something else..augustus put them hands on floyd..there was one moment in that fight i remember augustus doing his usual clown shyt and floyd absolutely lit him up for that...there was no fukking around after that lol

yeah him and castillo gave floyd tough fights

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
yeah that fight was something else..augustus put them hands on floyd..there was one moment in that fight i remember augustus doing his usual clown shyt and floyd absolutely lit him up for that...there was no fukking around after that lol

yeah him and castillo gave floyd tough fights
:heh:

I know exactly the part you are talking about, I gotta watch that fight later now, it's been a while since I seen it

And Augustus surely did lay hands on young Floyd, he was much more reckless those days, I feel if FMJ was gonna lose it would have been earlier in his career, now his D is in another stratosphere, and is far smarter. The Castillo fight really changed him he knew he was too small to try to blow people out, as he no longer had massive power moving up, had he not changed 154 ODH would have have gave him problems......

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

Kimbo throw nice sharp good straight punches, shame he's not a young man, and wasted his time backyard fighting, and with MMA he could be a solid boxer. As far as him getting buzzed he's a heavyweight it happens, it cant be much worse than fighting bare knuckle, thats why he has the head in chest style. He needs to learn to be a little more patient, use more straight punches instead of predcitable hooks and learn how to grab a fighter by the arms and not waist, and to keep those hands up even though he's landing heavy leather, he'll get better. I respect the brothers hustle it brings a smile to my face, he'll work his way to a big money fight then go away, shyt he almost had one with Roy, that may seriously happen now

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
lmao, rigo don't have the power but mares do. mares aint even that big of a puncher, wasn't a puncher at 118 and not one 122 he's more of a volume puncher who wears guys down.

I don't see Rigos tendency to throw one power shot at a time bothering Donaire

But the volume punching you mentioned by Mares and constant pressure his style brings would bother Donaire.

I would prefer to see Mares and his bothering work rate against a boxer like Donaire and see what happens.

Rigo vs Donaire is a great fight but they'll spend 2 minutes of each round trying to time each other and land that one shot.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Fury-Cunningham Nearly Finalized For 4/20 at MSG, NBC - Boxing News
A source informed BoxingScene.com on Wednesday that a deal is nearly finalized for an April 20 heavyweight bout between Tyson Fury and Steve Cunningham.

The Fury-Cunningham fight will take place in The Theater at Madison Square Garden and will be televised live by NBC during the afternoon.

Facing Cunningham in New York would mark Fury’s debut in the United States, but his transatlantic trip will be well worthwhile because of the national television exposure he’ll receive. Other than a fight in Quebec City two years ago, the 6-foot-9 Fury (20-0, 14 KOs) has fought only in his native England, Ireland and Northern Ireland since he turned pro in December 2008.

The developing, 24-year-old contender is coming off a unanimous decision victory over another American, Kevin Johnson (28-3-1, 13 KOs), in a 12-rounder Dec. 1 in Belfast.

Cunningham, meanwhile, suffered a controversial loss to Tomasz Adamek in his last fight.

The 36-year-old Cunningham (25-2, 12 KOs) appeared to out-box Adamek (48-2, 29 KOs) in their 12-round rematch Dec. 22 in Bethlehem, Pa., but Adamek defeated him by split decision for the second time in four years. The Philadelphia native’s second loss to Adamek brought Cunningham to tears in the post-fight press conference because Cunningham knew how much it would hurt him and his family financially, but the former IBF cruiserweight champion was able to land another meaningful fight in his next bout.

The Adamek-Cunningham rematch also was broadcast by NBC. It reached an audience of roughly 3.9 million viewers, which made it the most-watched boxing event in the United States in 2012.

:salute:

Sulaiman: Abner Mares vs. Victor Terrazes Must Go Next - Boxing News
World Boxing Council President Jose Sulaiman has advised BoxingScene.com that Mexico's Victor "Viking" Terrazas (36-2-1, 21KOs) will be the next opponent for WBC super bantamweight champion Abner Mares (25-0-1, 13KOs). The match was ordered at last year's WBC convention. Out of respect for Mares, the WBC allowed him to proceed with negotiations to make a unification with WBO champion Nonito Donaire. After watching their negotiations fall apart, the WBC has told Golden Boy Promotions that Mares must face Terrazas.

"Mares is becoming an idol and he does not need to fight with Nonito [to become one]. He must go against Victor Terrazas. We have a purse bid planned for this Friday, if the promoters fail to reach an agreement," said Sulaiman.
:ehh:

Also, Rios-Alvarado was finalized for March 30th

and the WBA is now allowing Wladimir Klitschko to skip out on facing Povetkin next like he was ordered.......very weird all around :mindblown:.......now he wants to face Odlanier Solis

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I don't see Rigos tendency to throw one power shot at a time bothering Donaire

But the volume punching you mentioned by Mares and constant pressure his style brings would bother Donaire.

I would prefer to see Mares and his bothering work rate against a boxer like Donaire and see what happens.

Rigo vs Donaire is a great fight but they'll spend 2 minutes of each round trying to time each other and land that one shot.
Thank you sir. I said the same shyt....:win:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Donaire will have a easier time with rigo then Mares. Mares has more wrinkles in his game then people give him credit for.

Donaire isnt stopping mares.

Rigo last fight showed me dude will forever have a amateur mentality. he almost got his ass stopped.

This

That kid Mares can box, counter punch, pressures, he can lead as well. It'll take a guy like him who can do different things to really take it to Donaire. He's also fought plenty of different styles with different strengths and weakness. He really showed me something in that Moreno fight. Plus he tough and can punch a bit. He got deceptive quickness too.

As far as Rigo goes, I don't think he's durable enough to really hang with Nonito. Dude's been fighting some basic ass dudes and getting stunned and wobbled by them every other fight. I'd have to see Rigo beat a Darchiniyan or someone who can really give him a gut check in order for me to think he has a chance against Donaire. Cuz right now, it looks like Rigo will get put out of there by the 1st good punch that hits him.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Rigo can and will outbox Donaire...

Donaire can and hopefully one day will outbox Mares...

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Rigo can and will outbox Donaire...

Donaire can and hopefully one day will outbox Mares...

Lets see if the fight happens, Arum has been double talking regarding this situation and mentioned vic darchinyan rematch as Donaire's next fight, so don't get your panites in a bunch, Arum never wanted this match and GB has forced his hand with the Mares fiasco