Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Royal Rumble:steviej:

:heh:

He may be waiting for the Garcia match, to see what to do, if he beats Zab he may be more legit the multiple division champ in Guerrero

Rumored names that I heard floated over the last 2 days, and IMO this is his order since we all know it's about the money

1.JMM-Easy Sell, Easy Money, Easy fight
2.Garcia-Given that he demolishes Zab, the face of the new generation
3.Guerrero-Solid fighter but may lack the star power to rack in dollars
4.Canelo-clear GB is going the Khan route with him, piggybacking off FMJ name, while fighting bums
5. Bradley-Due for a shot, and has been too quiet, hard sell
6. Amir Khan-last resort obviously

Who knows it's about to get interesting

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Former featherweight titlist Orlando Salido, who got knocked down four times and lost his belt via eighth-round technical decision to Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia on Saturday night in New York, suffered a broken right orbital bone, manager Sean Gibbons told ESPN.com.

Salido's right eye was badly bruised and swollen by the time the fight was stopped, after an accidental head-butt from Salido badly broke Garcia's nose. Garcia won a wide decision, 79-70, 79-69, 79-69.

After the fight, Salido went for an exam at a Manhattan hospital, where the injury was diagnosed.

Rafael's Boxing Blog

Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

"It's very possible that it was broken right off the bat in the first round," Gibbons said.

Garcia dropped Salido twice in the first round, once in the third and again in the fourth round.

"Salido wasn't ready for that first shot so it took him a while to get adjusted after that and we think he was fighting with the broken bone from the first round," Gibbons said. "He had a CT scan at the hospital and everything was OK, thankfully, other than that (broken bone). We were at the hospital until 5 in the morning and then Orlando was on a flight back to Mexico at 9 a.m."

He said Salido (39-12-2, 27 KOs), 32, was disappointed that the fight ended so abruptly, just as Salido, although way behind on the scorecards, was beginning to come on.

"We didn't have closure in the fight," Gibbons said. "Orlando said he would have rather gotten knocked out than have it end like that. He believes he was coming on and getting ready to do something. The Mikey that fought those first six rounds was tough. But the Mikey who fought the seventh and eighth rounds was not the same Mikey. Orlando was starting to get to him and who knows what would have happened? There was still a lot of fight left when it got stopped."

Gibbons said the injury won't keep Salido out for too long and no surgery is needed.

The plan is for Salido to heal up and then return for a non-title junior lightweight bout in Mexico in May and before looking for another world title opportunity.

"He has great support from the government in (the Mexican state of) Sonora, where we'll do a fight in May at 130 pounds," Gibbons said. "And if (junior lightweight titlist) Rocky Martinez is still holding onto his belt, we'd love to fight Rocky Martinez."

Martinez retained his title for the first time via disputed split decision against Juan Carlos Burgos on the Garcia-Salido undercard.

"If we can't get Martinez, making the weight for featherweight is no problem for Orlando. It's not an issue, so we don't rule out something at featherweight again," Gibbons said.

He said they would be interested in meeting the winner of the March 1 ESPN2 bout between featherweight titlist Billy Dib and mandatory challenger Luis Franco.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Matthysse: If I'm Not Next, Then Danny Garcia is Ducking - Boxing News

By Ryan Burton

The WBC recently ordered their junior welterweight champion, Danny Garcia (25-0, 16KOs), to face the interim-champion Lucas Matthysse (32-2, 30KOs) before the end of the year. Matthysse appeared on this week's edition of The Boxing Lab, BoxingScene's official audio show and said that is the fight that he has been targeting.

"That is the fight I want. It is a fight I have been asking for, for a long time. Hopefully the promoters can get together and make it happen," Matthysse said.

There has been talk of a rematch between Garcia and Amir Khan possibly taking place in the fall. Garcia knocked Khan out in four rounds this past July. Matthysse said that if Garcia doesn't face him after his February 9th fight against former champion Zab Judah, then it will be clear the Philadelphia based fighter is avoiding him.

"He knows that he has to fight me. If he doesn't fight me after Judah and fights Khan or anyone else then yes he would be ducking me. There is no other way about it. Hopefully that doesn't happen though and he fights me," Matthysse told The Boxing Lab.

Regardless of what Garcia decides to do, the Argentine fighter plans on campaigning in the junior welterweight division for the foreseeable future.

"I don't plan on moving up anytime soon. I want to fight the top guys at 140 before I move up in weight," Matthysse revealed.

Matthysse face Mike Dallas Saturday night on Showtime.

You can listen to the interview in its entirety by clicking here: The Boxing Lab welcomes LUCAS MATTHYSSE, JUAN CARLOS BURGOS AND FRANKIE GOMEZ 01/22 by The Boxing Lab | Blog Talk Radio

3688315_o.gif

...I thought Philly fighters had heart :troll:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I jus re watched the fights from saturday.....

Ward was fukkin horrible I hope thats the last time HBO puts dude on commentary

Really?

I thought he was decent. I think the issue was that I think the HBO commentators are used to pushing a particular narrative to whatever fight and sticking to throughout the fight unless something drastic changes it. They have their observations and they sort of re-enforce each other's observations only occasionally differing.

I think if you were to judge him on his own he provide decent commentary it just wasn't meshing well with the vibe of everyone else.

:yeshrug: At least that's my opinion about his commentary

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Yeah I'm hearing Mayweather vs Bradley or Marquez and Canelo vs Guerrero:lolbron:

Hope bytch ass Canelo gets exposed for fighting little men if true

They really gonna hotshot Canelo into a May fight with Floyd? :heh:

I would love to see Mayweather vs Bradley that Canelo shyt can wait until September.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Tim Bradley needs to schedule a fukking fight :damn:

How in the hell can this nikka walk around like a champ and not fight anybody. Who does he think he is......Mayweather? :leon:

I don't even care who the opponent is anymore, give him a Journeyman/Bum/Cab Driver

Fight nikka....Fight! :birdman:

:ufdup: Stop talking and make me a believer

/rant

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
not me.... hopkins is boring and it seems like a horrible card. better off judah/garcia and you got a quillin defense and danny jacobs too. and dmitriy salita if you're into him

Malignaggi vs Berto, Maidana vs Matthysse possible for April 27 at Barclays - Bad Left Hook

this one is gonna be real good though... paulie/berto and maidana/mathysse in april. hpoe it happens :myman:

yeah cloud-hopkins doesnt do it for me either...but if paulie/berto and maidana/matthysse comes off ill try to be there

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I dont know if I'd want to see maidana/matthyse i think matthyse would knock him the fukk out