Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
lol @ aLI still catching jokes..happy born day Ali!!

yo lets talk about triple G, im not too sold on him yet, he is missing few toolsbut hope he does pick them up during his training and education. I love his attitude and spirit, his power which is getting praised a lot will not go far if he moves up. I hope he remains in this weight division for a bit then see what comes next? Who does he fight next?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Not a fan of Rocky Martinez but them body shots he was taking I was feeling N hed jus ask for more:wow:

GGG looked good...HBO is obviously building him up so hopefully he steps up the comp N we get to see good Fights

Garcia whooped Salidos ass I dont mind the fight goin to the cars... dudes nose:huhldup:

ElTerrible

Rookie
Daps
:lawd:

Rios should be fighting other people, That Alvarado rematch will always be there

Ionno kno whats goin on wit all these rematches lately

Rios is kind of stuck though because of the Top Rank/Golden Boy feud. Top Rank has no one else at 140 or even 147 for him to fight. They have Bradley which would make sense but him and Rios share the same manager so i think that is highly unlikely. Golden Boy has all the names at 140-147 so I think in the end we do see Rios-Alvarado, theres really no other options.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Rios is kind of stuck though because of the Top Rank/Golden Boy feud. Top Rank has no one else at 140 or even 147 for him to fight. They have Bradley which would make sense but him and Rios share the same manager so i think that is highly unlikely. Golden Boy has all the names at 140-147 so I think in the end we do see Rios-Alvarado, theres really no other options.

Rios vs JMM
Rios vs Pacquaio

Tough match for both fighters, why not, why force him to fight someone he just ko'ed, and what if he loses when those matches I mentioned is still a possibility

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
Upon calling up veteran trainer Al Bonnani, the former Don King Productions’ right hand man, so as to speak with Tavoris Cloud ahead of the unbeaten 30-year-old IBF 175-pound champ’s upcoming March fight with Bernard Hopkins, I was informed by the fast-talking veteran that he is no longer with Cloud. “December 1st, Cloud called me and let me go,” Al said, seemingly still somewhat shocked, if far from bitter, over what happened.

“I still can’t really see why; I got him to 24-0 and he was never hurt. But Cloud said he wanted a new approach and he has gone with James Prince (CEO of Rap-a-Lot Records/boxing manager). I think he was frustrated at the [Jean] Pascal fight [falling through] and when he called me and fired me he was in a bad mood and he didn’t want to train or do anything. But he asked me if I was okay. I told him I don’t wish him any ill at all, even if I’m not happy at the way he treated me.

:wow:...

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
Rios vs JMM
Rios vs Pacquaio

Tough match for both fighters, why not, why force him to fight someone he just ko'ed, and what if he loses when those matches I mentioned is still a possibility
Very true. Give him JMM. If he wins, it'll bring him closer to being a household name. Those big Golden Boy fights can come down the line after that, because Rios wants them.

Plus, JMM can't just jump back into another fight with Pac, right? He knocked him out and there's so many other fights for him, including Rios. JMM/Pac V right away would be :deadhorse:

ElTerrible

Rookie
Daps
Rios vs JMM
Rios vs Pacquaio

The thing is, why would Pac or JMM fight Rios, a potentially tougher fight for less money, than just fight each other again. Theyre not going to risk their careers and another huge payday to fight Rios.

Pac's loss messed everything up for Rios, because had he won, that was the for sure fight and it wouldve made Rios a superstar, now Rios is on the outside looking in, trying to fight a big name when in reality there are no big names where hes at

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
Very true. Give him JMM. If he wins, it'll bring him closer to being a household name. Those big Golden Boy fights can come down the line after that, because Rios wants them.

Plus, JMM can't just jump back into another fight with Pac, right? He knocked him out and there's so many other fights for him, including Rios. JMM/Pac V right away would be :deadhorse:

You have to learn form history, and we all see how many blew career high payday's to fight bums for pennies, now he took 3 l's back to back now that star power is dead and he can't command no where near that money, in boxing you have to strike while the iron is hot, every fight doesn't desevre a rematch especially a fight where Rios just brutally stopped his opponent. Rematches can happen anytime, hopefully the rumors of Rios sticking it to Arum is true