Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
:leostare: at Salido for that headbutt

:obama: Mikey looking like a future great American champion

:salute: :salute: to boxing being back in NYC.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I don't care if the fight ended like that. Salido was looking for that all fight and he didn't deserve to have the other guy fight at a disadvantage.

Sam Peel

Banned
Daps
Reppin
South London
1354742802_wladimir-klitschko-kimora-lee-simmons-lg.jpg

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
I got Burgos with the upset, decision. Martinez has the one-punch fight changer though...but I can't see him out-boxing Burgos
GGG KO round 7
and Salido UD Garcia (both Mexicano but putting it out there anyway)

EDIT: Actually I think he might stop Garcia :leon:

2-1 ain't bad :ehh:

Burgos got robbed something nasty :snoop:
Rosado should still get his shot at K-9 IMO, dude's a warrior (DAMN I'm GOOD ko rd-7)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAY off on the main event :heh:

Mikey Garcia made me a believer that's he's a top dawg in the division, really made Salido look silly at times.

So we got Garcia, Ponce De Leon, Jhonny Gonzalez (I ain't gave up on you yet :myman: ), Billy Dib, Salido, JuanMa, Javier Fortuna, Chris John all in the same division...

I'd like to see my man Gonzalez get that shot :smugbiden:

...although I'd say a Billy Dib or Chris John match-up is actually more competitive and intriguing :to:

SuikodenII

Daps
when is the last time a fight ended on a broken nose? for crying out loud in the last fight we had rosado who was bleeding from all types of orifices yet that nikka still wanted to fight:upsetfavre:

...injuries caused by an accidental foul may cause stoppages by the doctors resulting in technical decisions.

It's not the best ending, but the match was as one-sided as it gets and if a doctor feels like your vision or breathing is not up to par, he/she will do what their job asks of them

Also, to avoid any serious damage that may hinder Garcia's long term career, there's really no point in continuing the bout if you don't have to if you're Robert Garcia

The doctor may have stopped the fight but I can tell Rob G wasn't stressing the decision one bit.

If the fight was close, this would suck and warrant an immediate rematch. As it stands, Salido can take a bounce back bout in 2 months and be right back in the title scene while Mikey moves on to bigger and better.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
here are my picks for tonight

Kovalev stops Campillo - on the money :smugfavre:
Martinez UD or MD Burgos - I would have been wrong but the fukkery in that judging :smh:
Golovkin stops Rosado - on the money :smugfavre:
Garcia UD Salido - technically I was right...it was a unanimous decision even though it was technical :smugfavre:

mr x

Superstar
Daps
:heh: Ali chillin with farrakhan on his b-day watching himself beat up foreman. ALI BOMAYE! :blessed:

Muhammad Ali had a knockout of a 71st birthday, celebrating with friends and family and watching a video of his ''Rumble in the Jungle'' win over George Foreman in Africa.
Ali's former business manager, Gene Kilroy, said the fighter - who has long suffered from Parkinson's - particularly enjoyed a big birthday cake in the celebration Thursday at his home in a gated community just outside Phoenix.
''It was good to see him in great spirits and looking so good,'' Kilroy said. ''He's very comfortable in his Parkinson's body. As he said many times, it could be worse.''
Kilroy said Ali's eyes lit up as he watched the video of himself knocking out Foreman in the 1974 fight in what was then Zaire. Foreman had been a big favorite in the fight, but Ali stopped him in the eighth round in one of the great upsets in heavyweight history.
''He was all excited watching it,'' said Kilroy, who was with Ali in Zaire for the fight.
Kilroy said Ali's wife, Lonnie, her sister, Marilyn, and other family members were on hand for the birthday. Ali's children, he said, all called to wish him well, though he is unable to talk on the phone.
''Thankfully he has Lonnie to look out for him and take such good care of him and Marilyn is devoted to him,'' he said.
Also at the house was Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, a longtime friend of the former heavyweight champion, Kilroy said.
The birthday was in contrast to Ali's 70th birthday, which was celebrated with a series of lavish events, including a party in Las Vegas that raised money for Parkinson's research.
Kilroy said Ali likes to watch his old fights, and the interviews he did during his time as the most celebrated athlete in the world.
''I joked with him and said George Foreman called and said he wanted a rematch,'' Kilroy said. ''He kind of smiled.''

Ali celebrates 71st birthday watching Foreman bout - Yahoo! Sports Canada

SuikodenII

Daps
Denver’s Mike Alvarado (33-1, 23 Kos) has signed a contract to rematch unbeaten WBA Lightweight Champ Brandon Rios (31-0-1, 23 Kos), to take place at a location TBD on March 30.