Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

yawn

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Why would Golovkin need to enact a mandatory match? He's the Champion.

Mandatory contenders are supposed to be the ones talking to the organization in order to get their mandatory title shots enforced.

Usually but that's not how the WBA belts work

The belt golovkin was given has no mandatory for 18 months so to make unification's easier

Jacobs belt is the "World" title and is the one who has to defend against yearly mandatories

Late last year, WBA told team Jacobs and golovkin's owners they were attempting to consolidate their titles

Team Jacobs attempted negotiations with Golovkin's owners after Saunders disappeared but they died early

Jacobs mando (Eubank) gave up his shot and golovkins owners were more open to negotiate with the lesser Eubank than with Jacobs

golovkin's belt allows him to ask the WBA to enforce the mandatory which he hasn't done plus he was given his belt 2 years ago

So the WBA thot best to take the decision out his hands and mandated he face Jacobs after Brook

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
but fat dan said floyd, who was 39 and who spent 18 years as champion should 'dare to be great' and go up to 160 and fight GGG:jbhmm:

no talk of him being a HOF champion for almost 2 decades and him earning the right to fight whoever he wants:jbhmm:
Fat Dan is racist

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Lundy didn't have to do all that and he got a fight vs Crawford:manny:

Lundy had lost 2 of his last 3 fights before fighting Crawford...Imam is 2-1 in his, including a KO win 3 months ago, and he's ranked #2 for Crawford's belt:yeshrug:
I mean to get his confidence back completely and his skills sharp enough to give Craw a good fight. Not just another another trip to the bushes.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
:dwillhuh:

But just above this quoted post, you're basically telling Iman he shouldn't do exactly this breh:dwillhuh:
I mean for Iman's sake, because he's not good enough right now for Crawford, like not close. Nothing to do with $$$. Isn't he signed to Don King anyway? He isn't seeing that $$$

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
tumblr_ndeigt6vqv1ryngrfo1_500.gif

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Usually but that's not how the WBA belts work

The belt golovkin was given has no mandatory for 18 months so to make unification's easier

Jacobs belt is the "World" title and is the one who has to defend against yearly mandatories

Late last year, WBA told team Jacobs and golovkin's owners they were attempting to consolidate their titles

Team Jacobs attempted negotiations with Golovkin's owners after Saunders disappeared but they died early

Jacobs mando (Eubank) gave up his shot and golovkins owners were more open to negotiate with the lesser Eubank than with Jacobs

golovkin's belt allows him to ask the WBA to enforce the mandatory which he hasn't done plus he was given his belt 2 years ago

So the WBA thot best to take the decision out his hands and mandated he face Jacobs after Brook

If that's the case breh, then why in June of this year, did Jacobs say it'll be about a year & a half from then (which would mean 2018 ) that he would fight GGG?

“Triple G is going to come at the right time,” said Jacobs to Fighthype.com. “When it does come, it’s going to be right for me on all aspects, and that’s the only reason the fight hasn’t been made. It will happen very soon. I would say in the next year and a half or something to that effect. I want to collect belts, and then go for the gusto. It’ll be worth a lot more as opposed to just doing it right now. I’ll fight anyone in the world, and I want to fight Triple G. My thing was, I wanted to get BJ Saunders or possibly Canelo, and then go for Triple G,” said Jacobs.

I want the Triple G fight. Me and Triple G would be the best competitive middleweight fight that there is. There is no other person that has a chance to beat Triple G like I do. So, we’re waiting for that opportunity, and I’m wanting that opportunity, but it just has to happen at the right time, because I’m not going to fight Triple G for chump change. I’m telling you that right now. So when the money gets right and the opportunity gets right, let’s do it for when everything is worth it. How much is it going to take? It’s just going to take for me to get comfortable. He’s the guy to beat, right? I understand that. I’m still second to Golovkin because he’s been in the game longer than I have. He’s sat at his spot a little longer than I have, so I respect the game. But in the same breath, offer me the right money and we can do this yesterday. They’re not offering me the right money now. So it’s like let’s build up until it gets to a certain platform so it will pay for itself,” said Jacobs.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.boxingnews24.com/2016/06/jacobs-rips-canelo-155lb-catch-weights/amp/

That sounds like a man who is only ready to get in the ring with GGG if he's getting a lot of $$$$...that's basically what he's saying out of his own mouth And this was less than 4 months ago:manny: