Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
@Newzz, funny you started in about GGG being ducked, because I saw this earlier this week and was waiting until I had time to post it.

From Bread's chat:

GGG may have to wait for one of the junior middleweights to move up. The fact is that no one at 160 wants to fight him. Until I see one of the known elite fighters in his weight class step up that’s the mindset I’m keeping. People got excited after Brook landed a few punches. Then reality kicked in after they found out his face was broken.

Boxing fans are some of the biggest morons I have ever come across. No matter what common sense facts you are presented with some of you guys still stand on your moronic opinion.

I stand by my views on GGG. The only fight he missed was Andre Ward and that wasn’t at middleweight. Every other fighter he and his team were in negotiations with or targeted, avoided him. Every single one!

I disagree with Floyd that Canelo beats GGG easy. Anything can happen in a fight but I just don’t see it that way. I have always believed that Canelo is not upside down. His advantage in handspeed and GGG’s style plays into his hands. But GGG has an iron chin, he punches like a mule and the pace that he sets is much more frenetic than anything that Canelo is comfortable with.

Now you just told on yourself with one of your statements. If GGG was such easy work then why would he be the favorite over Canelo who is 50 fights deep into a very good career.

As my man Dougie Fischer has keenly pointed out. GGG victims Curtis Stevens, David Lemiuex and Willie Monroe are avoided fighters. Stevens is one of the best pure punchers in boxing. His catch-counter move is one of the best in the game. And when he’s hot, he’s hot. Just ask the undefeated Patrick Texaira.

Lemiuex seems revamped from early career setbacks. He’s also one of the top 10-20 punchers in boxing.

Willie Monroe has an awful style to look good against. He’s fast, athletic and he’s a southpaw. Top that off with the fact that he doesn’t commit to any punches he strictly tries to move and score points. The only way you look good against him is if you are a Blitzer like GGG.

GGG youtubed all 3 of those guys. None of the other top middleweights will even fight one of them. That should tell you something.

For some reason the Danny Jacobs fight is not getting made… Why do you think that is? Jacobs has said he wants a few more fights. Every fighter is always asking for more money or more time when it comes to facing GGG. How can that be GGG’s fault that Jacobs wants tune-ups?

You guys who aren’t getting hit by him can say what you want from the sidelines about him being overrated.

GGG fought one smaller fighter who happens to be huge for welterweight and you guys go crazy with the “look he’s picking on smaller guys.” Stop it! He was trying to fight two UK middleweights and they got cold feet. Kell Brook got presented with life changing money and he took the fight. Brook’s promoter volunteered him, GGG didn’t ask for him to pick on him.

Throughout history elite smaller fighters have challenged elite bigger fighters. I can’t remember one getting the flack for doing just once like Golovkin just did especially since no one would fight him. Let me refresh your memory.

Lots of you same guys claim Ray Leonard wanted no part of Aaron Pryor. But Pryor was a lightweight who couldn’t get a title shot so he decided to move to 140. Going by your standards Leonard would have been picking on the smaller Pryor if the fight was ever made at 147. You cant please an overciritic.

Marvin Hagler’s 4 biggest fights were against Ray Leonard, John Mugabi, Tommy Hearns and Roberto Duran. All 4 started out much smaller than him.

Carlos Monzon took on the smaller Emille Griffith twice and Jose Napoles. Both were under 5’7 and welterwegiths taking on the huge Monzon.

Michael Nunn was able to functionally compete at 175lbs. In his prime at 160 he took on the career long welterweight in Marlon Starling.

Bernard Hopkin’s middleweight reign had the scalps of 3 excellent welterweights Simon Brown, Oscar De La Hoya and Felix Trinidad. Then when he moved to lightheavyweight he took on miidleweights Kelly Pavlik and Winky Wright.

Terry Norris repeatedly called out Pernell Whitaker and Julio Cesar Chavez. He was very close to fighting Felix Trinidad and Oscar De La Hoya. He had great middleweights to fight in Julian Jackson, Gerald McClellan, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins and James Toney to fight during his prime. He never moved up from 154. Instead he took on Maurice Blocker, Meldrick Taylor and Simon Brown as some of his title defenses. Today he is still viewed and rightfully so as one of the best junior middleweights ever.

I can literally go on for days about this. All of the fighters I named were great fighters and fighting smaller men was really no big deal. Sometimes the speed of the smaller man can give you more problems than the man your size. You guys bring up Kell Brook like GGG invented something new. It’s insane that you repeat this myth.

Anybody who believes this bullshyt article is fukking dumb as rocks. Hot damn. :dead:

Well I also have investment opportunities. I need socials and all CC info to verify you are for real. Regards.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Damn!!!!!!!!!! Bellew went off right in front of Haye!!!
it's all fake to the real heads and real to the casuals..PPV fight next year..bellew gets his payday and so does david haye..british public always gets bamboozled..

btw bellew and haye are good mates..