Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

kbtwofour

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Word?

Still, JMM is on the brink of retirement and that's where he said he'd like to fight if he fights again, so other wise there may not be any more JMM

Also...since you're friends or whatever, what's the happening on some GB/TR ventures, what's the hold up? We gotta see Mares/Donaire in 2013...

Marquez already fought in Mexico this year against Sergey Fedchenko.

Money talks in this world. Remember JMM said earlier in the year this was going to be his last year in boxing.

“I’ve done a lot of sacrifice and effort for 28 years but I feel that now is the time to say goodbye and begin a new phase in my life. My family is asking me and what I want to do is spend time with them.”

His wife wants him to retire and his son wants him to fight one more time. He will wait for Manny to make his decision. Marquez will probably entertain the idea of one last fight for September against Manny.

--------------

Mares against Donaire? You got a better chance of winning the lottery than that fight happening in their prime.

Top Rank will probably not work with Golden Boy until Arum dies and Todd duBoef takes over Top Rank. Arum will not let his star fighters fight outside of Top Rank. Bradley and JMM had to sign with Top Rank to have the opportunity to fight Manny.

Arum won't even let Rios fight against Garcia or Matthysse. Richard Schaefer proposed an idea to let Mares fight for Top Rank and let Arum promote the fight alone so Mares would get the chance to fight Donaire. Richard Schaefer wanted a fee to step aside and Arum said no. He then said he would let Mares fight for Top Rank if Arum would let him make a fight between Rios against Matthysse and he said no.

Arum had promised his own fighters a fight with Manny when he was training for another opponent. He did the same thing with Rios and told Rios he will be next to fight Manny. He will try to make a fight with Rios and Manny for summer.

"Timothy Bradley had a fight and he turned it down because he thinks he's worth more money. He can't even sell his hometown out. Right now Cameron Dunkin is looking for a great opportunity for my career and myself. Bob Arum said I get the winner out of Pacquiao-Marquez, so I'm not worried about Timothy Bradley. I'm not looking at Timothy Bradley."

Arum won't waste JMM's last fight against someone like Rios. Why waste JMM's last fight against a non PPV star when you can put him in the ring against Manny and sell over a million? A PPV fight of JMM vs. Rios/Bradley won't even break 250K.

The main reason why Manny vs. Floyd did not get made in Manny's prime is because Arum refused to let Manny fight Floyd and get exposed. Why risk your biggest draw and investment when you can keep milking the fans?

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
No respect :russ:

I hope he's getting the most out of that paycheck, because that's all he has to show for it.

:wtf:

Khan gets KO'd by a relatively unknown in Garcia - returns to top the bill against a nobody . . .

Bradley beats arguably the biggest name in boxing, then returns on the undercard of a small time bill?

Bradley is a fvcking bum

:skip:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
i don't want juan to fight manny again! Keep that victory alone and sealed!
i don't want juan to fight ANYBODY again. wish he'd ride out on that W.

doubt it though.

more boxers retire like Arce did at the hands of Donaire last week than like Marquez should after this win. :to:

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
The proposed January bout between WBC interim super lightweight champion Lucas Matthysse(32-2, 30 KOs) and world ranked lightweight Henry Lundy (22-2-1, 20 KOs) appears not to be as finalized as some may have thought. Lundy’s Manager Ivan Cohen released the following statement to Fightnews.com:

“I just want to clear the air about some things in terms of Hank Lundy and the news that he is supposed to be fighting Matthysse in January. First of all I am the legal Manager of Hank Lundy and have been since July 29th, 2010. I was never informed of or have seen a contract for this fight. I dont want this fight to happen anyways because its a horrible fight for Lundy and one he will lose for sure. Hank should be fighting at 135 pounds where he was ranked number 1 in the world prior to losing his last fight with Raymundo Beltran. Speaking of that fight I did not approve that fight and look what happened. The only reason the Lundy-Beltran fight was not stopped by the judge was that the judge ruled that the paperwork of promoter Boxing360 was in order but the filing of the paperwork the week of the fight was too short of notice. So he could not order that the fight be stopped. The proper paperwork has since being filed and that matter is on track now to being handled.”

:heh:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
peace..that hard cat Lukas needs a proper fight with some credit/belts on the line!!!
this motho been robbed and ignored while producing the fukkin goods..whats up with Argentine fighters getting pushed aside?

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
peace..that hard cat Lukas needs a proper fight with some credit/belts on the line!!!
this motho been robbed and ignored while producing the fukkin goods..whats up with Argentine fighters getting pushed aside?

He aint avenging his losses nor facing tough competition, he trying to take the Sergio route to fame, 140 too deep for the fukkery

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Thank God! nobody wanted to see LM against Lundy

The real question is tho is who can LM fight??

Garcia is fighting Judah
Khan jus fought
Rios is TR

:sadbron:

Willy Waffle

Willy Da Waffleman
Daps
Reppin
#GIANTS #KNICKS #RANGERS
why not put lamont with lukas??winner gets garcia/judah!

it's too late, and goldenboy SHOULD have been done that. Lamont is fighting Kendall **** next year, gary shaw already won the bid last week i believe

i don't see why they don't put him in there with khabib, the new wba champ who just beat guzman. entertaining fight imo.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
its sad that american fighters and black american fighters usually either have to be extremely talented, or trash talkers, or both, to get some backing

i think it says a lot about the black community that they dont get support, or could it be that they just have shyt styles? who was the last black american non-heavyweight brawler?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
its sad that american fighters and black american fighters usually either have to be extremely talented, or trash talkers, or both, to get some backing

i think it says a lot about the black community that they dont get support, or could it be that they just have shyt styles? who was the last black american non-heavyweight brawler?

Shane was a boxer/brawler.... Pwill threw a shyt ton of punches too