Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
I'll never understand the fascination some of you nikkas have with Lara (Lateral) :snoop:
I don't even know. I am glad @Newzz decided to go at them.

He is a good fighter, with a good resume, but he has done nothing to separate himself from anyone else at 154. He has no fan base and brings no money. I also agree with @Newzz in that Lara likes to act like everyone is ducking him, but I see more Rigo in Lara than anything else. Dude has plenty of opportunities, he just never chooses to pursue fights.

Canelo struggles with pure boxers and Lara ran the whole fight. Had Lara took a slight risk and stood a bit closer he might have outboxed him and won the fight. Would have been huge for his career. But I dont think Lara is confident in his chin and for a defensive fighter, his defense can be very leaky if he isn't moving around from distance.

And again I will agree with @Newzz, future King of 154 if the fights get made is Andrade. Power, skill, and defense.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

He is a good fighter, with a good resume, but he has done nothing to separate himself from anyone else at 154. He has no fan base and brings no money. I also agree with @Newzz in that Lara likes to act like everyone is ducking him, but I see more Rigo in Lara than anything else. Dude has plenty of opportunities, he just never chooses to pursue fights.

Canelo struggles with pure boxers and Lara ran the whole fight. Had Lara took a slight risk and stood a bit closer he might have outboxed him and won the fight. Would have been huge for his career. But I dont think Lara is confident in his chin and for a defensive fighter, his defense can be very leaky if he isn't moving around from distance.

And again I will agree with @Newzz, future King of 154 if the fights get made is Andrade. Power, skill, and defense.
I don't think Andrade is as skilled as lara. Both have shaky chins

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

if lara took a slight risk vs canelo he gets knocked out. he wasn't worried about his chin, he was worried about his body. he took one body shot from nelo and started running for his life.

tumblr_n8nba68p501qaa8d1o1_250.gif
....felt that body shot and was like :damn:

Lara_Movement.0.gif

he didn't wanna end up like liam smith doin bridges and shyt. you know your body shots are deadly when they instantly make a muthafukker go straight into core work. left smith out there lookin like a bytch in pilates class

Bridge-Pose.jpg

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

:laff::laff::laff:

Lets go PBC stans, you can have a nice souvenir from this legendary disaster!!!

Never understood fight fans who are happy about PBC's losing... and why the same people try to draw a line in a sand as there would be 2 sides, the HBO fanboys and the PBC/Haymon fanboys

I mean it's okay if you don't like Haymon, me either... as any other promoter
but don't get how can you seriously wish this whole thing to fail as a fan...

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
That's right shyt he's fighting on the pac/vargas card against an unknown asian :francis:

Prolly is referring to LSC/Frampton 2, but I just assumed that was happening already.
imo he just fukked it up and meant 135 or below and it will be Mikey vs Zlaticanin

Salido vs Miura is pretty much known already so I hope he doesn't refer to that

Maybe Gamboa vs someone...?

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
I thought y'all loved Ring Rankings N belts??

Lara is #2 Ring @ 154
Lara is WBA Champ

Breh....1st, I don't know if you are aware, but Andrade has called out the names of every single Junior Middleweight Champion & every Junior Middleweight ranked within the Top 9 of RING's rankings to a fight over the last 3 months....and I literally just posted tweets of him calling out Lara's name specifically, plus his Promoter saying they were contacting Stephen Espinoza in regards to a fight with Lara. :yeshrug:

Lara doesn't mention Andrade at all, Andrade constantly mentions him (including last night)....but Andrade is the one who doesn't want it? Ok.:patrice:

2ndly, and again, Andrade has called out everyone with a RING Ranking & belt over the last 90 days, but I thought yall DIDNT care about RING Rankings N belts?? That's what yall told me during my prime stanning of AB and bringing up the fact AB has beaten more Top 10 Opponents than anyone under 30 outside of Canelo & Swift.(yall didn't care about RING rankings):dwillhuh:

I mean, just last week, yall was hating on the potential matchup of AB vs Burns (who's ranked #8 & is WBA Champion)...only to turn around the next week and attempt to say #AllRankingsMatter in defense of Lara?:dwillhuh:

Yall also dismiss RING Rankings N belts when it comes to discussing yalls favorite topic of the moment, GGG, so I don't understand....are we going to use the RING rankings or not?:ohhh:

It would be different if Andrade ISNT constantly mentioning Lara's name, or any of the other Champions & Top 9 RING ranked JMWs, but he is. So I don't know where yall's angle is coming from:manny:

Last edited:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Erislandy Lara mentions Gennady Golovkin over and over on twitter

The Ring: GGG always claiming he's being ducked & no one wants to fight him...then why doesn't he fight Lara?:mjpls: Lara is going at him on twitter:ohlawd:

Demetrius Andrade mentions Erislandy Lara over and over on twitter

The Ring: *crickets*:lupe:

Newzz: :dwillhuh: Aye yall, aint Lara always claiming he's being ducked & no one wants to fight him....then why doesn't he fight Andrade?:ohhh: Andrade is going at him on twitter:ehh:

The same thing Lara is doing to GGG, Andrade is doing to Lara.....but somehow, Andrade's antics are dismissed, while Lara's legit, AND Andrade is still labeled as "ducking Lara":patrice:

Bottomline is that Andrade is calling out all the Champions and "The Top 9" at Junior Middleweight.....nobody mentions his name. Nobody wants to fight him. It is what it is.:manny:

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

:heh: not with his judges in texas bro. sorry....ggg or who ever nelo face gonna have to ko him to win the fight.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
:heh: not with his judges in texas bro. sorry....ggg or who ever nelo face gonna have to ko him to win the fight.

Lara won 115-113 on 1 card, and lost 115-113 & 117-111 on 2 other cards...he could've won if he didn't start playing keep away from Canelo's body shots.

I scored every single close round to Canelo and had Canelo only winning 115-113....close fight that I thought Lara could've pulled out if he didn't start over moving:yeshrug: