Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
but that article that was posted is only talking about the PBC cards on free TV though breh...thats where my angle/comments are coming from

I know....and that's my problem (not with you, but in general). Everyone only talks about Haymon, but leave out the fact that Arum & DLH have been even worse than he has this year.:mindblown:

That's why I keep saying if we gonna bash him, we have to bash them as well....but nobody says anything about it.:snoop:

Again: Lomachenko, Walters, Crawford, Ramirez, Bradley, Postol have only fought once this year & have nothing scheduled either.....Brandon Rios hadn't fought at all in 2016. Yet, no one talks bad/randomly makes articles discussing the state of Top Rank.:shaq2:

Again: Luis Ortiz bought himself out due to the fact he was frustrated with the lack of fights he's getting & Canelo is taking guaranteed W fights, fights that even his biggest haters can't imagine he'd lose, and putting them on PPV for $70. Yet no one makes articles discussing the state of Golden Boy.:shaq2:

I just feel the media & most Boxing fans just run with whatever story instead of looking at a compare and contrast. Is PBC not doing what they should be? Hell yeah, and I've criticized Haymon's lack of getting his fighters in the ring with good opps as we all have....HOWEVER, PBC has also made the best matchups (name fighters/good opponents) out of the 3 this year.:manny:

No matter how the media spins it, "inactive fighters", "low quality opposition".... this is not soley a Haymon/PBC problem bc Arum/TR & DLH/GB have been even WORSE this year at putting good matchups together & getting their known fighters in the ring imo. Let the Boxing media tell it though, PBC has ruined Boxing:forreal:

I would love to see a COMBINED Top 10 list of fights with fighters from Top Rank & Golden Boy involved this year...and let's compare it to PBC fighters vs their opps. Let's see who's really putting on the best quality fights:sas2:

Last edited:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
this article makes me sad for some reason - Mike Tyson Says His Ring Career is Unknown To Today's Youth - Boxing News

Mike Tyson Says His Ring Career is Unknown To Today's Youth

There was a time when Mike Tyson was one of the most recognizable athletes on the planet. Now? Not so much.

There’s a pretty clear generational line among those who know Tyson as one of the best boxers of the late 20th century and those who don’t. Those who don’t recognize Tyson for what he did in the ring as a boxing champion see him as something completely different: the guy from “The Hangover” with the face tattoo.

“Different generations. You run into some kid, this is a real humbling experience,” Tyson explained in an interview with Sports Illustrated. “I went to this high school. Six hundred kids in the room, 700 kids, maybe 1,000. They had this big screen, giant, 10-by-10. They were showing the kids some of my fights because they didn’t know who I was. They just thought I was an actor from ‘The Hangover.’”

mike-tyson-ip-man%20%2811%29_3.jpg

Tyson’s boxing past remains, of course. It’s just passed down from one generation to another at this point.

“This one little Mexican kid said, ‘I think my grandfather told me about you,’ ” Tyson recalled with a laugh in the SI interview. “Never in my life am I going to forget that. You talk about a humbling experience.”

Oh, and there’s also the whole tattoo-on-the-face thing, which Tyson claims he doesn’t regret.

“A lot of stuff happened out of this tattoo, a lot of good stuff,” he told SI. “Other young athletes come to me and say, It’s because of you they call it the Mike Tyson.”

Tyson, now 50, seems pretty content at this point, traveling the world with his wife and kids doing his one-man show, recalling the events of his life.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Is Tyson not on the sex offender list? Mike the only dude I know that life got better after a rape case dafukk.

That's a good question? :ohhh:

I forgot he was a rapist...fukk that Rapist:pacspit:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
It's his own fault for turning himself into a joke imo.

The Hangover definitely made him into an "actor", just like the grill turned Foreman into "that guy who sells the grills" for the non-Boxing fan not from their generation:manny:

He chose his own path to be remembered this way imo
honestly if it was anyone but mike tyson i wouldnt trip that much..but mike tyson revived heavyweight boxing and boxing in general after Ali retired..the majority of us that post in here came up in the tyson era

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The only time vitali was ever knocked out was by a kick in his kickboxing career. :dahell is he still standing after this uppercut

Vitali was out on his feet there. Lennox was too gassed to push him off. If he did Vitali would have tumbled backwards.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
honestly if it was anyone but mike tyson i wouldnt trip that much..but mike tyson revived heavyweight boxing and boxing in general after Ali retired..the majority of us that post in here came up in the tyson era

All true & he's a Legend Of THE Sport. His name holds weight:obama:

But fukk that Woman Beating Rapist:pacspit:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
That nikka beat Robin Givens while he was in his prime KOing top tier HWs....fukk him:pacspit:

Rapist & Women Beater:scusthov:

He aint rape no one though. I had the same feeling when i heard tyson was a rapist that I did when Kobe was accused. Like yeah right, theyre in the top 5 of most recognizable human beings on earth.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
He aint rape no one though. I had the same feeling when i heard tyson was a rapist that I did when Kobe was accused. Like yeah right, theyre in the top 5 of most recognizable human beings on earth.

Rape or not, he physically abused Robin Givens. That's factual.

I respect him in the ring, outside of it he gets the :camby: from me....I forgot all about Tyson's background:snoop:

He's in the same category as Floyd & SRR to me...Great fighters, but fukk them for beating women:pacspit:

Same way I feel about Edwin Valero even though he took it even farther:pacspit:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Rape or not, he physically abused Robin Givens. That's factual.

I respect him in the ring, outside of it he gets the :camby: from me....I forgot all about Tyson's background:snoop:

He's in the same category as Floyd & SRR to me...Great fighters, but fukk them for beating women:pacspit:

Same way I feel about Edwin Valero even though he took it even farther:pacspit:

If she cooked the steak right the first time she wouldnt have to use it on her eye :manny: