Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Man, I'll slap the shyt outta Spoonface if I ever saw him on person.

He's been talking greasy for a minute, to both boxers and fans.

That Verdejo shyt was the final straw, so it's on sight now :demonic:
Wasn't he lowkey smug that Verdejo got into a bike accident :scust:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Yo all #RingGang, don't think I need to say, but this is the one part of the site that we have no need to have dudes beefing, or on that bullshyt.

If you got beef with someone take that shyt to PMs :scusthov:

It's not as fun beefing in the PMs:heh:

Aint nobody REALLY beefing in here...just taking their standoms to far (Im guilty of this as well.... #AboutBillions :birdman:). However, brehs DO have to understand until a fight actually happens, neither of you/yall are right, so there's no point getting legit mad about text typed to you on the computer. My most exchanges have taken place with @ChocolateGiddyUp and @Black_Jesus (and @hyperman25 as well), but at the end of the day, aint no real beef with them and Im sure it's vice versa, bc we dap each other's posts AFTER the fact all the time and even :cape: for each other's boxers at points:manny:

Point is, get over it brehs and talk Boxing like men. Hold your L (like the one my homie @Big Boss gave me in another thread in The Ring:mjcry:), don't hold grudges:ufdup:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
So, Canelo offers GGG at least $10 mill to fight at the full 160, which would be his career high and there's no other way for GGG to get that type of payday w/o Canelo, but the contract isn't signed yet?:jbhmm:

But, I thought GGG wanted to fight Canelo?:patrice:

$10 mill aint enough for a shot against the Lineal Middleweight Champion?:ohhh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

"[Canelo] is never going to fight with Monroe. He doesn't fight or allows a fight to happen. You have to keep going after him to catch him. If that's the case [to go up against that kind of style], it's better for us to fight with Erislandy Lara," Reynoso said.

First off, Canelo is never gonna fight Lara again bc fight was too close of a call for them.

Basically, his trainer is saying what Prov said about his own self.....that Canelo cant deal with movement & it also reinforces my opinion that Andrade beats Canelo, which is why they will never face him:manny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He said the accident was the most exciting thing he's been involved in all year, boxing got some of the WOAT media members
It really has

I think it's also because since boxing is kind of a niche sport right now these dudes are getting bigger attention

Steve Kim and Dan Rafael alone... :scust:
the guy who wrote that article about anyone who has any criticism toward GGG is a hater... :dahell:

Doug Fischer sometimes... :usure:

I kind of like badlefthook though. Sometimes I don't agree with them but they are usually solid.
I remember I liked Connor Ruebush a year ago or so but his scoring was so bad not even one time but multiple times that it got me wondered whether if he's totally biased or not.
He's still a good analyst though too bad that he rather cares about MMA .

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Andre Berto vs Shawn Porter?:ohhh:

That's a good matchup imo

Trash match up. Bruh Berto still on my TV making millions in 2016.

He probably go like this everytime they send him a new contract:
MMRXUrH.gif
Berto still getting million dollars paychecks:wow:
dont care for it but at least its not a title shot...if berto can beat porter clearly, let him loose on a belt :manny:
Porter wasting his time though. How is PBC not bankrupt? Their matchup is still trash a year later.
Shawn Porter isn't that much better than Berto though:manny:

It's like a 55/45 matchup in favor of Porter imo
You don't care for it......until it's fight week and you remember Shawn Porter vs Andre Berto comes on Saturday at 9pm et, and you watch an entertaining matchup of 2 strong, aggressive, come forward fighters with very leaky defense and not afraid to let their hands fly:mjpls:

Fight will be a slug fest imo:ehh:
It would be 65-35 to Porter imo but it would be an entertaining battle.

Porter is a top 5-6 ww who only lost one time clearly ad even that wasn't a shutout or anything like that. Besides that he beat Devon convincingly when Devon was still a thing, he also beat Broner convincingly and on my scorecards he beat Thurman too on a close fight which probably could go either way.

Berto has nothing on that resume especially not now for his past prime version

but it would be an action packed, entertaining fight indeed just not 55-45 but rather with a wider difference
Andre Berto is the greatest businessman of this era behind only Mayweather. Dude got million-plus paydays to face Freddy Hernandez and Steve Upsher Chambers. :wow:
Resume wise, yes Porter is easily better than Berto.

Style wise though, I think Berto is much faster and a much bigger puncher than Porter. He's also got some strength and cant be bullied around the ring by anyone at 147 imo.

I think the fact that Porter gets hit so cleanly, and Berto is a more explosive puncher than AB is (who sat Porter down with a well-timed left hook), it leads to Berto making the fight much closer than it seems resume vs resume. Porter's style is to be a bully in the ring, but I don't think he can bully Berto. I think Porter can win due to the fact he'll try and be in Berto's chest all day, and rack up body work activity which can let him squeeze out rounds, but I also can see Berto winning by landing the crispier punches:manny:

I'd make Porter a 2-1 favorite over Berto.
nikka please...porter gonna knock breh into the 5th dimension.:mjlol:

rather see Garcia porter
you basically described Porter vs Thurman :ehh:

yeah it's true btw, the one thing I don't agree with that he couldn't bully Berto. Everyone says Thurman is very strong physically but Porter was able to push him to the ropes at almost any time he willed. idk how Berto's strength compare to Thurman's but I would be surprised if he would be much stronger.
Porter is a freak of a nature... if he would have more punching power and he would smother his work less he would be like a welterweight version of Tyson. He is extremely strong and agile...

Berto can do what Thurma does less efficiently imo so I have no problem picking Porter. but as I said it would be entertaining and Berto wouldn't be a total no hoper, that's sure.
Porter isn't going to KO Berto breh.

At worst, Berto will go the full 12 and will lose on the cards
berto is not a strong guy..robert guerrero was able to bully him into the ropes with no problems..porter fought as high as 165..porter is a strong WW
maybe I kinda forgot berto got a decent chin.

but then again he got kd by flabby Ortiz:scusthov: that's why I probably reacted like that.

I don't know what u guys see...but berto doest look the same to me at all.

anyways I still prefer to see porter vs Garcia.
Oh, I definitely prefer Porter facing Garcia.....but I just think it will be an entertaining fight b/n Berto & Porter. Much better than seeing Porter sitting on the sidelines until 2017:yeshrug:

I think Porter wins, but I don't rule out Berto winning either:manny:
Blessings from Allah Haymon for Berto helping out in Haiti :obama:

:mjpls:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Speaking with STV News, Burns, 40-5-1(14) said talks between his team and Broner’s team have been ongoing and that a fight out in Las Vegas would be something he’d really like. Burns insists, however, he is not underestimating the unbeaten Relikh, 21-0(19)

“Adrien Broner sent out a Tweet saying, ‘Go out and get the job done and then me and him are going at it,’” Burns said. “I don’t really like looking beyond opponents but I know that fight has been talked about at super-featherweight, lightweight and now light-welterweight. There were a few different names mentioned, all top names that could happen in America. But Kyril has got my full attention right now and it’s going to be a tough fight. A trip out to Vegas would be nice but we need to get by the October 7 fight first.”

Adrien Broner-Ricky Burns showdown could take place in Vegas, but Burns has to get past Kiryl Relikh first - Boxing News

Between AB & Canelo, they guaranteeing my return to Vegas to see a Championship fight for my birthday:blessed:

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Speaking with STV News, Burns, 40-5-1(14) said talks between his team and Broner’s team have been ongoing and that a fight out in Las Vegas would be something he’d really like. Burns insists, however, he is not underestimating the unbeaten Relikh, 21-0(19)

“Adrien Broner sent out a Tweet saying, ‘Go out and get the job done and then me and him are going at it,’” Burns said. “I don’t really like looking beyond opponents but I know that fight has been talked about at super-featherweight, lightweight and now light-welterweight. There were a few different names mentioned, all top names that could happen in America. But Kyril has got my full attention right now and it’s going to be a tough fight. A trip out to Vegas would be nice but we need to get by the October 7 fight first.”

Adrien Broner-Ricky Burns showdown could take place in Vegas, but Burns has to get past Kiryl Relikh first - Boxing News

Between AB & Canelo, they guaranteeing my return to Vegas to see a Championship fight for my birthday:blessed:

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:
if he beats Craw's leftover I would be all for a Crawford vs Broner unification. Maybe Crawford could get Troyanovski's belt too in the meantime so it could go for being undisputed.

There were talks already about Crawford vs PBC fighters so it maybe isn't even impossible.