Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
GGG fans can't say anything about it:manny:

Canelo vs Wade, Monroe, Geale, Brook coming up:obama:

He would pose a stylistic challenge and would give some problems to Canelo but if he could beat Lara and Trout who have similar style to Monore's just on a higher level he also should beat Monroe clearly.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
@GREENandYELLOW

What Kovalev said about the Canelo/GGG sparring was:

“There were like 50/50,” Kovalev recalled. “Canelo looked very good with Gennady. Everybody in the training camp was very interested. Golovkin was not supposed to give Canelo the ‘full treatment,’ and it was clear from the sparring I saw that he was indeed holding back. Still, Golovkin ‘holding back’ was a lot for Canelo, only 20 at the time, to deal with. And the young man did well. I’d say he held his own, even though he couldn’t hurt Golvokin with his best shots. Golovkin hurt Alvarez a few times — a hook at the end of the second round visibly stunned him and some body shots made him wince — but the young man kept his head and found ways to compete even when he was clearly tired (a combination of the altitude and GGG’s pressure) in the last two rounds.”

- See more at: Kovalev Saw Golovkin, Canelo Spar in 2011 - Wants Them to Fight - Boxing News

Yeah if team ggg think they are fighting this version of Canelo I got some bad news for them. The ggg from 7 years ago is still the same ggg of today and he hasn't fought the type of comp that will elevate his game either. Meanwhile Canelo has improved in every way since then.

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crolla - Linares
Wlad vs Fury II
Joshua vs either Pulev or Parker
possibly Charlo vs J-Rock
possibly Charlo vs Hatley
Andrade vs Culcay
Loma vs Collazo
possibly Frampton vs LSC II
Crawford vs anyone (probably Troyanovski, Orozco or Diaz)
Danny vs Molina :troll:
possibly Chilemba vs Beterbiev
Golovkin fight in November (Jacobs?)
Canelo fight is December (if the hand injury isn't serious)
possibly DeGale vs Badou Jack
Stevenson vs Eleider Alvarez
maybe Bradley vs someone...?
possibly Salido vs Miura
possibly Mikey vs Zlaticanin

yeah many of them not confirmed but let's hope...

Kell has a few more days to notify the IBF if he's gonna vacate....might get a Spence fight before years end for the belt too.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
@GREENandYELLOW

What Kovalev said about the Canelo/GGG sparring was:

“There were like 50/50,” Kovalev recalled. “Canelo looked very good with Gennady. Everybody in the training camp was very interested. Golovkin was not supposed to give Canelo the ‘full treatment,’ and it was clear from the sparring I saw that he was indeed holding back. Still, Golovkin ‘holding back’ was a lot for Canelo, only 20 at the time, to deal with. And the young man did well. I’d say he held his own, even though he couldn’t hurt Golvokin with his best shots. Golovkin hurt Alvarez a few times — a hook at the end of the second round visibly stunned him and some body shots made him wince — but the young man kept his head and found ways to compete even when he was clearly tired (a combination of the altitude and GGG’s pressure) in the last two rounds.”

- See more at: Kovalev Saw Golovkin, Canelo Spar in 2011 - Wants Them to Fight - Boxing News
who edited this?.....look at the real article at boxing scene. kovalev's only remark was the first sentence. that it was 50/50 and canelo did very good against him. everything after that was boxing scene quoting Doug Fischer from years back. and dude is still the only person who said Canelo got hurt. other people have said that was a lie and canelo and little g went back and forth. now Kovalev saying it was a toss up too. I'll take his word over Doug fischers lame ass.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
who edited this?.....look at the real article at boxing scene. kovalev's only remark was the first sentence. that it was 50/50 and canelo did very good against him. everything after that was boxing scene quoting Doug Fischer from years back. and dude is still the only person who said Canelo got hurt. other people have said that was a lie and canelo and little g went back and forth. now Kovalev saying it was a toss up too. I'll take his word over Doug fischers lame ass.
That is what I was thinking. Seemed like Fischer's comments parlayed into being Kovalev's opinion.

Personally I don't care. That was so long ago that both fighters are different and better.

My interest is I like to hear boxing stories that we don't get to hear as often. Like the rumors of Spence giving Floyd a tough time in sparring, made us think Spence might be a real one and fulfill the hype and he has. Doesn't mean in an actual fight with the lights on in front of fans he could win.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

fam let these nikkas cook. A supposed w over a 19 yr old Canelo in sparring is the biggest W of his career :russ:

I might fukk around and get banned from all the trolling ima be doing when Canelo beats his overrated ass :banderas: