Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
N muhfukkers ask "bu bu bu but why do you guys hate GGG"

Spoonface tweets he Did NOT hear what Canelo said bout GGG N the offer made to K2 (8 figures)

Minutes later :cape:
kermit-typing-on-a-typewriter-like-crazy-animation.gif

Same muhfukker who shytted on AB N Swift for not accepting Brandon Rios money for PAC...talking bout GGG 97k ppvs deserves a cut of PPV :dead:

Steve Kim :scust:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Spoonface tweets he Did NOT hear what Canelo said bout GGG N the offer made to K2 (8 figures)

Same muhfukker who shytted on AB N Swift for not accepting Brandon Rios money for PAC...talking bout GGG 97k ppvs deserves a cut of PPV :dead:

:mjlol:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

I'm patiently waiting for someone to slap fire out this fakkit. Hopefully team Crawford do what's best for business. :ohlawd:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
What other fights are lined up for the rest of the year brehs?

Pac-Vargas
Ward - Kov

Is it going to be dry until then?:mjcry:
Crolla - Linares
Wlad vs Fury II
Joshua vs either Pulev or Parker
possibly Charlo vs J-Rock
possibly Charlo vs Hatley
Andrade vs Culcay
Loma vs Collazo
possibly Frampton vs LSC II
Crawford vs anyone (probably Troyanovski, Orozco or Diaz)
Danny vs Molina :troll:
possibly Chilemba vs Beterbiev
Golovkin fight in November (Jacobs?)
Canelo fight is December (if the hand injury isn't serious)
possibly DeGale vs Badou Jack
Stevenson vs Eleider Alvarez
maybe Bradley vs someone...?
possibly Salido vs Miura
possibly Mikey vs Zlaticanin

yeah many of them not confirmed but let's hope...

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
@GREENandYELLOW

What Kovalev said about the Canelo/GGG sparring was:

“There were like 50/50,” Kovalev recalled. “Canelo looked very good with Gennady. Everybody in the training camp was very interested. Golovkin was not supposed to give Canelo the ‘full treatment,’ and it was clear from the sparring I saw that he was indeed holding back. Still, Golovkin ‘holding back’ was a lot for Canelo, only 20 at the time, to deal with. And the young man did well. I’d say he held his own, even though he couldn’t hurt Golvokin with his best shots. Golovkin hurt Alvarez a few times — a hook at the end of the second round visibly stunned him and some body shots made him wince — but the young man kept his head and found ways to compete even when he was clearly tired (a combination of the altitude and GGG’s pressure) in the last two rounds.”

- See more at: Kovalev Saw Golovkin, Canelo Spar in 2011 - Wants Them to Fight - Boxing News

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Monroe Deserves Fight With Canelo, Both Men’s Promoters Say

by David P. Greisman

Billy Joe Saunders would’ve had inroads on a December fight with Canelo Alvarez had he appeared on the Alvarez-Liam Smith undercard in AT&T Stadium. Instead, Saunders opted against the fights offered his way, and two of his proposed opponents, Willie Monroe and Gabriel Rosado, fought on the pay-per-view instead.

Before the show, Golden Boy President Eric Gomez said Monroe-Rosado could decide Canelo’s next opponent. Monroe wound up winning a unanimous decision.

“I think I have earned it [a shot at Canelo], but that’s up to promotions,” Monroe said at the post-fight press conference. “If they can get things going, that would make for a great fight stylistically and with the fans.”

canelo-monroe.jpg

Monroe’s promoter, Arthur Pelullo of Banner Promotions, obviously thinks his fighter has earned the fight. So, too, did Gomez. It’s just a question of whether he will get it.

“He definitely deserves the fight with Canelo or with any of the champions at 160,” Gomez said, though the other titleholders are Gennady Golovkin, who already beat Monroe; Saunders, who turned Monroe down; and Daniel Jacobs, who has a mandatory shot at Golovkin awaiting him if he’ll take it.

“He’s a very good fighter, a very good boxer,” Gomez said. “As far as is he going to fight Canelo next, we’ll sit down as a team and look at what’s next. We’ll discuss it as a team. He definitely deserves it. I give him all the props in the world because he fought a tough guy in Rosado who kept coming and just couldn’t figure him [Monroe] out. Monroe deserves a lot of accolades for that.”

Accolades are one thing. A fight with Canelo Alvarez means a lot more.

Pelullo is optimistic it will come.

“I think the fight is the right fight for both Canelo and Willie,” he told BoxingScene.com. “Styles make fights. Willie’s style will drive him crazy, and then Canelo’s style, coming right at him, can drive Willie crazy. So it’s a tough fight, but it’s a good fight for Canelo and it’s a good fight for Willie Monroe. And it’s a fight at 160 against a true middleweight, which is good, because Canelo can’t fight 154 anymore. As far as I’m concerned, he’s a middleweight. There won’t be a catchweight. He’ll be fighting a real middleweight at 160 pounds.”

Although Monroe got the win, he did so in a fight that received a heaping of boos from the tens and tens of thousands in attendance. There may be less desire for Monroe to get a fight with Canelo because of that.

“I don’t worry about that,” Pelullo said. “The crowd wants to see a certain kind of fight, but Willie, he’s Pernell Whitaker. He’s that kind of a fighter. He’s a boxer. Some people don’t like that style. But at the end of the day, it’s a very successful style. Now when [Monroe] fought Golovkin, he fought him. He didn’t win it, but he fought him.”

It’s not like Canelo hasn’t faced movers before. He was one of the rare A-sides to willingly face Erislandy Lara, taking a decision over him in 2014.

“I think Canelo will fight anybody,” Pelullo said. “I don’t think Canelo is the kind of guy who’s afraid of fighting anybody.”

- See more at: Monroe Deserves Fight With Canelo, Both Men’s Promoters Say - Boxing News

GGG fans can't say anything about it:manny:

Canelo vs Wade, Monroe, Geale, Brook coming up:obama: