Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 9/2:

- Prime Pacquiao vs. GGG at 154? GGG.
- What if Brook wins? GGG's stock certainly will go down and Brook's will soar.
- Will a top MW fight GGG? Hopefully, but so far they all flee like a bank robber.
- HBO's broadcast: GGG vs. Brook in the afternoon, in the evening a tripleheader of: GGG vs. Brook replay, Soto Karass-Kamegai 2, and Chocolatito vs. Cuadras.
- Thoughts on Canelo saying he may not immediately move to 160 after Smith? Let's wait and see what happens.
- When does Canelo lose his lineal title, if he continues to fight at 154? It is a grey area. Let's see what he does after Smith.
- Heard any negative feedback towards Canelo lately? Tons.
- Why are people criticizing Canelo? Because he invited GGG to the ring and said he would fight him and then immediately decided not to fight him. He also gave up the belt that every other Mexican fighters desperately wants.
- Any interest in GGG vs. Andy Lee? Sure. Knows that Lee wouldn't duck GGG. They were agreeing to fight, but it was cancelled when GGG's father died.
- Billy Joe Saunders will announce his next opponent on Monday.
- Thurman vs. Garcia? Thurman.
- Parker's team believe it is a good idea and in his best interest to fight Joshua so soon.
- A name being mentioned for Joshua's November defense is Pulev.
- If Parker beats Dimitrenko, does he have a better resume than Joshua? Probably.
- Hearing that Matchroom is trying to make Whyte vs. Chisora for the Joshua undercard.
- Ortiz vs. Ustinov possibly could be on the undercard of Ward-Kovalev, but is a long way from being finalized.
- Could Atlantic City benefit from NY having tougher restrictions? No, AC is basically dead. More likely we see more fights in Conneticut or at the Prudential Center in NJ.
- GB says that Canelo vs. Smith has already sold over 25k tickets. Very good with 2 weeks to go.
- Odds on Cuadras vs. Chocolatito? 60-40 in favor of Chocolatito.
- Whatever financial issues HBO may have, it already includes budgeting for fighters they potentially have promised fights to later this year (Canelo, GGG).
- Word is HBO's budget concerns are only temporary and next year will be back to normal.
- Who is to blame, Wlad or Fury? It is all Fury.
- Cotto vs. Bradley is doubtful, but would be a great fight.
- No boxing at Barclay's until December. Cotto likely fights there on December 3 and another show later in the month.
- Hearing that Garcia probably will not face Berto.
- Fans worried about if Ward vs. Kovalev will be exciting or boring (in regards to paying to travel)? That is the risk you take going to any fight.
- 24/7 for Ward vs. Kovalev? Has not heard anything, but is hoping there is because the fight is excellent and neither guy has been on 24/7, so there is a lot of new storyline.
- Is the Ward vs. Kovalev winner #1 PFP? Possibly, depending on how the fight goes. Also, if Gonzalez defeats Cuadras he deserves a look.
- HBO already had a contractual commitment to Ward vs. Kovalev and that means trying to make it as successful as possible. If they put another PPV on two weeks before that it would hurt Ward vs. Kovalev.
- Will Jay-Z do anything to promote Ward vs. Kovalev? No.
- There will be another musical performance before the main event at Ward vs. Kovalev.
- Over/Under 350K PPV buys for Ward vs. Kovalev? Under.
- Wilder is rehabbing and won't be back until early next year at the soonest. His first fight back should be vs. his mandatory.
- HBO owes Lemieux a fight and expect to see it before the end of the year.
- Peralta won fair and square, plus he was denied of a legit knockdown. Guerrero's time being a top fighter is over.
- Shawn Porter says he wants a rematch with Thurman next, but he doubts that happens. If TR can make fights with Haymon like they say, Bradley vs. Porter would be a great fight.
- Arum says he is hiring a team to do the announcing for Pacquiao vs. Vargas, but has not said who.
- Thoughts on Colin Kaepernick? What makes America so great is that it is a free country. He has the right to not stand during the anthem if he so chooses.
- Told that when PBC's deal with NBC ends at the end of this year, NBC and NBCSN will not have any more fights going forward.
- Juan Francisco Estrada? Recovering from a bad hand injury and should be ready later this year.
- Cotto vs. Hatton in 2005? Awesome fight, would favor Cotto.
- Cotto vs. Lemieux? Would be a fun fight.
- DeGale vs. Jack? Funny that the other day DeGale asked him if he had heard when the fight would take place.
- TR fighters on Showtime? Never say never, but we have been down this road before and nothing has come of it. If they can work something out, there are some great matchups.
- Does not think Showtime will pick up the Pacquaio vs. Vargas PPV.
- Broner vs. Burns? Does nothing for him.
- When will Shakur Stevenson announce if he goes pro? Should be in the next few weeks.
- FOTY frontrunner? Frampton.
- No news on LSC vs. Frampton 2, other than that LSC's team says they picked up the rematch option.
- HOF: Chris John? Probably not.
- Will see Hopkins in London at the GGG fight and ask if he has any news on fighting again.
- Talked with Arum regarding the film Hands of Stone and Arum who promoted Duran and still knows him very well said there is a lot of factual errors in the film.
- Is the animosity between Jacobs and Mora hype or real? Seems like hype. They seem like they respect each other.
- Current fighters still going who are HOF'ers? Wlad, Cotto, Pacquiao, Hopkins, Mosley, RJJ, and probably Ward. Others on a current trajectory to get there are: GGG, Canelo, Kovalev, Chocolatito, and some others.
- Would be interested in seeing how Vasily Levit does as a pro.
- Sick KO's of the year: Lomachenko-Martinez, Wilder-Szpilka, Canelo-Khan, Brant-Perez, and Mason-Bernardo.
- Doesn't watch a lot of women's boxing, but Cecilia Braekhus is probably the best women's fighter in the world.
- Spence's next fight will either be vs. Brook or another opponent for his belt if he vacates. Most think Brook will vacate and never fight at 147 again.
- No news on Gamboa. Looks like another wasted year.
- Was there ever talks between Paul Williams and Mayweather? Nothing serious. Williams in his prime would have been a serious threat.

Last edited:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 9/2:

- Ortiz vs. Ustinov possibly could be on the undercard of Ward-Kovalev, but is a long way from being finalized.
:ohhh:

- Who is to blame, Wlad or Fury? It is all Fury.
- Is the Ward vs. Kovalev winner #1 PFP? Possibly, depending on how the fight goes.
- Will Jay-Z do anything to promote Ward vs. Kovalev? No.
:francis:

- Told that when PBC's deal with NBC ends at the end of this year, NBC and NBCSN will not have any more fights going forward.

:mjcry:

Mr NBC moving onto Showtime

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Ward is sponsored by Jordan and signed by Jay-Z with a roster of superstars on Roc Nation and they aint doing shyt to promote him.

:dead:

It's really a shame.

Not with throwing shots like this

which is why I said I don't think al and bob are working together any time soon.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
good maybe danny can fight somebody worth a damn

maybe this man shown here.performing the new dance craze sweeping argentina and the rest of latin america "the ghostbuster"

CKLshZ.gif

That would be a horrible matchup breh...you drinking too much vodka & orange juice down there:heh:

Swift would destroy this dude:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That would be a horrible matchup breh...you drinking too much vodka & orange juice down there:heh:

Swift would destroy this dude:manny:
:youngsabo: it would be right up swift's alley wouldn't it? :smugfavre:..you may not want to repeat that..it could become reality..ppl be lurking and reading these posts you know

you know Choc wouldn't be mad at that fight at all..it would be competitive and fun in his eyes lol

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:youngsabo: it would be right up swift's alley wouldn't it? :smugfavre:..you may not want to repeat that..it could become reality..ppl be lurking and reading these posts you know

you know Choc wouldn't be mad at that fight at all..it would be competitive and fun in his eyes lol

:heh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
- What if Brook wins? GGG's stock certainly will go down and Brook's will soar.
and will make a lot of other fighters look very foolish..particularly a certain ginger with struggle stamina

- HBO's broadcast: GGG vs. Brook in the afternoon, in the evening a tripleheader of: GGG vs. Brook replay, Soto Karass-Kamegai 2, and Chocolatito vs. Cuadras.
dope day of boxing

- If Parker beats Dimitrenko, does he have a better resume than Joshua? Probably.
beating dimitrenko...nah :heh:

- Hearing that Garcia probably will not face Berto.
too much of a risk perhaps ::jbhmm:

- Fans worried about if Ward vs. Kovalev will be exciting or boring (in regards to paying to travel)? That is the risk you take going to any fight.
i can see the concern...shyt i was front row where billy dib was pushed to the main event of a card i went to (it turned out to be an entertaining fight..i couldn't have been more surprised :leon:)
- There will be another musical performance before the main event at Ward vs. Kovalev.
fukk!!! :damn:

- Peralta won fair and square, plus he was denied of a legit knockdown. Guerrero's time being a top fighter is over.
it was over when he had a war with kamegai

- Cotto vs. Hatton in 2005? Awesome fight, would favor Cotto.
ditto..cotto at 140 was more impressive to me than hatton ever was to me any point of his career

- Broner vs. Burns? Does nothing for him.
does for me..it was a fight i asked for when they both held belts at 135

- Talked with Arum regarding the film Hands of Stone and Arum who promoted Duran and still knows him very well said there is a lot of factual errors in the film.
has anyone seen this? will def go to see this weekend

- Was there ever talks between Paul Williams and Mayweather? Nothing serious. Williams in his prime would have been a serious threat.
basics

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
why you want Danny vs Berto so bad? :heh:
I actually would be glad if they would put Danny in with someone more of a threat than Berto :ld:
of course if they just get another Salka on short notice instead of Berto they can :camby:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I actually would be glad if they would put Danny in with someone more of a threat than Berto :ld:
of course if they just get another Salka on short notice instead of Berto they can :camby:

It ain't that we love a Berto fight

But Name another 147 fighter who could be available by Oct...whos ranked by the WBC

Spence jus fought...has IBF next fight
Onetime is chillin N has Mando
Porter jus took a L
Manny, Vargas, Bradley (TR, has fights set)
PED is MIA
Brook fights next week
Khan jus had surgery on his hand to give him 70% more power

So who are we left with??

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Berto might be the best nikka available at the moment. Pbc does a bad job keeping they stars active

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
- Will a top MW fight GGG? Hopefully, but so far they all flee like a bank robber.

top MW? Like who? :heh: This man is killing me with his bias toward Golovkin. On other topics he can be pretty reasonable but whenever it comes to Golovkin this motherfukker goes into full stan mode.
Murray, Geale, Lemieux, Stevens, Macklin. These were all among the so called "top MWs" hence the division is hot trash besides Golovkin, Jacob and a few contenders who are still up and coming status. Geale a top 5 mw at that time if I know it right got beat the fukk up by Cotto a natural ww-sww for crying out loud. :mjlol:

Gimme that

- Cotto vs. Bradley is doubtful, but would be a great fight.

Bradley UD if he fight smartly.

Yeah imo Kovalev fans or just viewers who anticipate soem barn burner in general will be disappointed. Ward by domination. I doN't see this fight being close... Either one of them will totally impose his will on the other fighter. I think that this will be Ward.

- Wilder is rehabbing and won't be back until early next year at the soonest. His first fight back should be vs. his mandatory.

good news, I would love to see Wilder vs Povetkin. I think Wilder would solve it but he would have be in for some awkward moments while he figures out Povetkin.

- Cotto vs. Lemieux? Would be a fun fight.

Cotto would beat him badly. Lemieux is pretty much just a relatively fast brawler without defense. Cotto would pick him apart and KO him even at this age.

- DeGale vs. Jack? Funny that the other day DeGale asked him if he had heard when the fight would take place.

:mjlol: I hope we will see it soon. 50-50 for me. When DeGale beat Dirrell I would have favored him clearly but many things changed since then.

- TR fighters on Showtime? Never say never, but we have been down this road before and nothing has come of it. If they can work something out, there are some great matchups.

only that his fighters can fight on Showtime sadly doesn't mean automatically that they will fight with Haymon guys...Let's hope for the best though :manny: