Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Nah you tweaking this a big fight and andre is a draw breh.

Yeah in Oakland i'll go out later and ask 25 people of all races if they know who Andre Ward is fighting or if they even know who Andre Ward is when I go out today. I'm guessing no more than 5 people will say yes. I mean people who are sports fans not Betty Sue and Rosa who going out for breakfast. I don't see anyone doing anything crazy on PPV post May/Pac people don't wanna admit it but that fight left a bad bad taste in peoples mouths as far as paying 60 for PPV boxing. Cats took that shyt like a Fingerpoke of Doom type swerve for the price they paid. The only fight people have told me they wanna see in Boxing right now is Canelo vs GGG as far as PPV goes and the Mexicans I know which are aplenty are not even checking for Canelo/Smith next fight he's pretty much getting crushed I mean these were legit fans that have been to all his fights in Vegas or So Cal not some pop up once a year fans. I know a guy I used to work with you stay posted up at Stubhub he said the reaction he got from fellow fans on Canelo was Floyd levels of distain after all the GGG shyt fizzled out.

I really hope Ward vs KKK does well but I doubt it. I'm ordering it because I support SOG and i'm gonna try my best to get people hyped up for it whenever I'm out and about but it's tough to sell PPV fights to the general public after all that's gone on the past 4-5 years.

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
Nah you tweaking this a big fight and andre is a draw breh.

Yeah in Oakland i'll go out later and ask 25 people of all races if they know who Andre Ward is fighting or if they even know who Andre Ward is when I go out today. I'm guessing no more than 5 people will say yes. I mean people who are sports fans not Betty Sue and Rosa who going out for breakfast. I don't see anyone doing anything crazy on PPV post May/Pac people don't wanna admit it but that fight left a bad bad taste in peoples mouths as far as paying 60 for PPV boxing. Cats took that shyt like a Fingerpoke of Doom type swerve for the price they paid. The only fight people have told me they wanna see in Boxing right now is Canelo vs GGG as far as PPV goes and the Mexicans I know which are aplenty are not even checking for Canelo/Smith next fight he's pretty much getting crushed I mean these were legit fans that have been to all his fights in Vegas or So Cal not some pop up once a year fans. I know a guy I used to work with you stay posted up at Stubhub he said the reaction he got from fellow fans on Canelo was Floyd levels of distain after all the GGG shyt fizzled out.

I really hope Ward vs KKK does well but I doubt it. I'm ordering it because I support SOG and i'm gonna try my best to get people hyped up for it whenever I'm out and about but it's tough to sell PPV fights to the general public after all that's gone on the past 4-5 years.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

This is true but your underestimating how many boxing fans there are in the usa. All boxing fans will buy even nikkas that don't like ward

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
I hope so man they need to give these cats a huge push in the media fukkers like Kellerman should put these cats over huge on shows like first take that the kids like watching this is one of the biggest fights as far P4P goes in about a decade to me these 2 deserve to do a big number not these clown fight like Canelo/Khan.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
so that makes you and @Mr. Leonidas so far with @HeruDat still thinking about pulling the trigger..good stuff :obama:...live boxing >>>>

I passed for now brehs. The seats I wanted were not even available for pre-sale, and the alternatives were :scust: for what I was gonna pay.

I would rather see the gawds work up close as to not miss any details. My plan is to wait it out stadium holds 20k I might hold out and try to snipe some tix at the buzzer for the low since I'm only a 4hr drive.

:mjcry:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
I hope so man they need to give these cats a huge push in the media fukkers like Kellerman should put these cats over huge on shows like first take that the kids like watching this is one of the biggest fights as far P4P goes in about a decade to me these 2 deserve to do a big number not these clown fight like Canelo/Khan.

Ward is sponsored by Jordan and signed by Jay-Z with a roster of superstars on Roc Nation and they aint doing shyt to promote him.

:dead:

It's really a shame.

but I really hope we will see Arum vs Haymon fights in the future. Much more good fights could be made then, especially from 126 to 147

Not with throwing shots like this

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Terence Crawford’s resounding decision win against Viktor Postol to unify junior welterweight world titles on July 23 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas was a money loser, as most expected it would be, but it did not lose as much as Top Rank promoter Bob Arum thought it would. Arum told ESPN.com that the fight generated between 50,000 and 60,000 buys on HBO PPV but a stronger-than-expected gate helped offset losses, which he said amounted to about $100,000.

“We lost a little money but very little,” said Arum, who said all along that he preferred for the fight to be on HBO but that the network did not have the money in its budget to buy the fight, forcing it to pay-per-view.

“Certainly if we had a rights fee that would have been the way to go but if I had looked for a rights fee I’d still be waiting for a phone call. Look, I got the fight on. It was an important fight for Terence’s career and he looked great. And (Oscar) Valdez won his (featherweight) title on the card, so it was worth it. I probably lost around $100,000 but the gate really surprised us. We were projecting it to be much lower but it did almost $750,000 and that really helped on a fight like this.”

Notes: Arum says he lost about $100k on Crawford-Postol PPV

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Fat Dan talking bout Swift v Berto ain't happening

Schaef Dogg You our only hope :mjcry:

Perhaps another messican in LA for the champ of the world to obliterate :jbhmm:
giphy.gif

635965216345975510401639841_tumblr_inline_o3nnlqNS9f1tyy97e_500.gif

Undefeated against Mexicans :banderas: