Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Manny is the only 147 pounder I pick over swift. Maybe ab if he let's his hands go. Thurman inside game is:trash: and he refuses to tie up:beli:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Manny is the only 147 pounder I pick over swift. Maybe ab if he let's his hands go. Thurman inside game is:trash: and he refuses to tie up:beli:

How do you imagine Swift would catch him with his flat foots? :jbhmm:

Danny defied the odds two times he gets crazily overrated ever since.

People who says things like he would beat everybody saw him struggling and arguably losing to Peterson? :usure:

Saw him losing and getting a gift against Mauricio Herrera? :jbhmm:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

People who says things like he would beat everybody saw him struggling and arguably losing to Peterson? :usure:

Thurman fights like Herrera?? :dahell:

Does Thurman have those Lamont Peterson gain 25 pounds in 24 hrs :stylin::mj:for 10 RDS N be fresh as a daisy power pellets??

Porter is sloppy af but was able to get to Keith

Collazo is :flabbynsick: but got to Keith

Diego Ch :russ:ves got to Keith

A battered N beat tf up Ghost Guerrero was bullying the shyt outta Keith them last 2-3 rds

Danny Garcia tho nah no chance of catching Keith:francis:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

I had him losing to PED and beating Herrera. I don't think he gets overrated I think it's the exact opposite dudes underrate him due to the Salka fukkery/pbc hate. He ran through 140 and beat dudes everyone said he would lose to and I don't see many people picking him over Thurman, that's not overrated to me. :yeshrug:

I like Thurman but I think it's a 50/50 fight and if he fights Danny like he did Porter he loses. Danny bodywork is very underrated and we've seen Thurman hurt to the body now what 2 fights in a row. I could see Danny landing a left hook downstairs and having him in :merchant: mode

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

lol I think im the only one(or few) here that scored that 7-5 for danny besides swift stans.

only gift I think he got is vs Pederson.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Porter is sloppy af but was able to get to Keith

Collazo is :flabbynsick: but got to Keith

Diego Ch :russ:ves got to Keith

A battered N beat tf up Ghost Guerrero was bullying the shyt outta Keith them last 2-3 rds

Danny Garcia tho nah no chance of catching Keith:francis:

Garcia is firstly a reactive fighter and is slow on his feet
Porter is maybe sloppy but can close the distance pretty quickly. Chaves isn't particularly fast but he likes to be on the attack, besides that he still lost pretty easily.
Against Collazo Thurman really had a bad showing but that maybe was an off night

Porter won the fight imo by the way but that's not the point here. Garcia only can fight good if his opponent lets him. If he is getting outboxed by a fighter who keeps himself safe and doesn't over commit, (Khan e.g. became too brave...), then he has no solutions. That's the curse of every counter puncher. Look at JMM what happened to him when he faced someone who didn't want to exchange with him from close range or mid range but boxed with him fro the outside.

Thurman fights like Herrera?? :dahell:

Herrera isn't that much of a master boxer either but he was still able to solve and bother Danny from the outside Can't see why Thurman couldn't do the same. Thurman has to fight the same way against Garcia as he fought against Bundu and he is good. Keep him at bay, hit him with straight one-twos or maximum three punch combinations. And when Garcia gasses out from chasing him in the later rounds get at him, (a'la Pederson) difference is Thurman is a level above Peterson (imo).

Does Thurman have those Lamont Peterson gain 25 pounds in 24 hrs :stylin::mj:for 10 RDS N be fresh as a daisy power pellets??

idk about that but fact is Thurman is a big 147 while Danny came from a lower weightclass so it's possible that the physical advantage would be also Thurman's

Styles make fights. I think if he boxes smartly Thurman beats Garcia, but he loses (well the judges saw differently and it was close but imo he lost) to Porter because he doesn't handle pressure well and finally Porter would lose to Garcia because he would serve himself on a plate for Danny's counters.

Last edited:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I had him losing to PED and beating Herrera. I don't think he gets overrated I think it's the exact opposite dudes underrate him due to the Salka fukkery/pbc hate. He ran through 140 and beat dudes everyone said he would lose to and I don't see many people picking him over Thurman, that's not overrated to me. :yeshrug:

I like Thurman but I think it's a 50/50 fight and if he fights Danny like he did Porter he loses. Danny bodywork is very underrated and we've seen Thurman hurt to the body now what 2 fights in a row. I could see Danny landing a left hook downstairs and having him in :merchant: mode
Pretty polarizing fighter, there're people who hates him just because hte Salka thing and Haymon but then there's the other "half" who thinks that now he would beat everyone.

He would still beat more of the wws, of course. He is probably top 5-6 ww but I see him losing to Thurman, Bradley and probably Spence. Pac... idk... idk if Pac is active now or not but Pac's style isn't that bad for Danny tbh... I would still pick Pac but I also wouldn't be surprised if he would get caught by an overhand or a hook and would go :deadmanny:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
They talking bout Swift vs Berto in LA promoted by Schaef Dogg :gladbron:

Which makes sense of the Charlo vs JRock in LA Rumors now :obama:

Just my opinion but im thinking Swift vs One Time will be in Vegas...which is why Danny gotta another fight out west to build that west coast following
Wouldn't it be more logical in NY with all the Ricans there?

Thurman hasn't got a local fanbase like that in Cali (?)

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Wouldn't it be more logical in NY with all the Ricans there?

Thurman hasn't got a local fanbase like that in Cali (?)

Keith vs Danny should most definitely happen in Brooklyn...

From info I've gathered N my opinion it looks like they wanna make Swift vs One Time early 2017 in Vegas for that big fight feel etc...maybe even Showtime PPV

Danny had 12k at Staples vs Ghost
Fight Berto in LA to build off that

Then Try to flip that Wescoast draw to Vegas vs Keith

If Richard Schaeffer is promoting it...then it wont be the usual PBC blind leading the blind fukkery...things would be done right

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

He is a better fighter since herrea and against lamont he was drained. Thurman ain't a great boxer. He got a leaky ass defense. Danny will punish his body and have him on his wheels. Run time will either pull a lara or get slumped imo

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
There is a rematch clause for Leo Santa Cruz in fight with Frampton

There was a little confusion in the post-fight news conference on whether Leo Santa Cruz had a rematch in the contract for his bout with Carl Frampton.

While Frampton’s camp claimed that no clause existed, a source involved in the fight told RingTV.com otherwise. There is in fact a rematch clause written into the agreement, the source said, and Santa Cruz has the power to exercise it immediately or he could go through with an intervening fight before applying the contractual provision. The source spoke on the condition of anonymity because of a confidentiality agreement related to contractual matters.

Judging by his comments in the press conference following his exhilarating majority decision loss for his featherweight title, Santa Cruz (32-1-1, 18 knockouts) wants to get Frampton in the ring as soon as he can. “I just want the rematch,” Santa Cruz said. “Wherever he wants it. I want it in LA but if he wants it in Belfast, I could go to Belfast as well. I’m 100% ready.”

Frampton (23-0, 14 KOs) spoke of having a rematch in his hometown of Belfast or even back in New York, where he enjoyed the lion’s share of the crowd support on Saturday. “It would be a great fight and one that I’d be happy to do,” Frampton said. “I would love to bring him over to Belfast so that way you could sell out a stadium if you do it at the right time of the year.”

But Santa Cruz had other ideas. He said because he trekked to New York, knowing Frampton would have most of the support for the first fight, the rematch should be in Los Angeles, where he is from. “I would want the rematch in LA,” he said. “We came over here to New York and he had almost all the people behind him, all the Irish people here. So I think that helps him a little, but I don’t take nothing from Frampton. He’s a great champion, a great fighter. But we want the rematch, and hopefully it’s in LA.”

Santa Cruz referenced facing featherweight titleholder Lee Selby if he won in the days leading up to the fight. Now that he lost, he’s fixated on eradicating the only loss on his resume. “Right now, all I can think of is the rematch against Carl Frampton,” he said. “Hopefully we can get it.”

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
There is a rematch clause for Leo Santa Cruz in fight with Frampton

There was a little confusion in the post-fight news conference on whether Leo Santa Cruz had a rematch in the contract for his bout with Carl Frampton.

While Frampton’s camp claimed that no clause existed, a source involved in the fight told RingTV.com otherwise. There is in fact a rematch clause written into the agreement, the source said, and Santa Cruz has the power to exercise it immediately or he could go through with an intervening fight before applying the contractual provision. The source spoke on the condition of anonymity because of a confidentiality agreement related to contractual matters.

Judging by his comments in the press conference following his exhilarating majority decision loss for his featherweight title, Santa Cruz (32-1-1, 18 knockouts) wants to get Frampton in the ring as soon as he can. “I just want the rematch,” Santa Cruz said. “Wherever he wants it. I want it in LA but if he wants it in Belfast, I could go to Belfast as well. I’m 100% ready.”

Frampton (23-0, 14 KOs) spoke of having a rematch in his hometown of Belfast or even back in New York, where he enjoyed the lion’s share of the crowd support on Saturday. “It would be a great fight and one that I’d be happy to do,” Frampton said. “I would love to bring him over to Belfast so that way you could sell out a stadium if you do it at the right time of the year.”

But Santa Cruz had other ideas. He said because he trekked to New York, knowing Frampton would have most of the support for the first fight, the rematch should be in Los Angeles, where he is from. “I would want the rematch in LA,” he said. “We came over here to New York and he had almost all the people behind him, all the Irish people here. So I think that helps him a little, but I don’t take nothing from Frampton. He’s a great champion, a great fighter. But we want the rematch, and hopefully it’s in LA.”

Santa Cruz referenced facing featherweight titleholder Lee Selby if he won in the days leading up to the fight. Now that he lost, he’s fixated on eradicating the only loss on his resume. “Right now, all I can think of is the rematch against Carl Frampton,” he said. “Hopefully we can get it.”
Wouldn't mind seeing a rematch, it was good and close enough. Meanwhile Selby and GRJ could unify so the winner could fight the winner of the rematch. All Haymon fighters after all