Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I just caught that comment in Rafael chat he claims Arum says 75 to 80k to break even and that they should to be able to do it

man I doubt they do that. postol has fought the majority of his fights in boxing gyms and craw only known in Omaha. im a realist breh but I hope for the best.:manny:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
man I doubt they do that. postol has fought the majority of his fights in boxing gyms and craw only known in Omaha. im a realist breh but I hope for the best.:manny:

Yeah same here i'll be happy as hell if they did good number but I'm doubting it. They got a free UFC card on over the air even though it isn't a loaded card by any means people looking for they fight fix can watch that shyt for free vs paying 60 for "unknown" fighters. Whenever I heard of bars not even knowing of PPV's going on that's a sign the demand isn't there I called 5 places up and none are showing card.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

It don't really matter tho breh

Crawford is media protected...at the end of the day becomes lineal unified champ N sells out in Omaha his next fight

he's good no matter what :manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah same here i'll be happy as hell if they did good number but I'm doubting it. They got a free UFC card on over the air even though it isn't a loaded card by any means people looking for they fight fix can watch that shyt for free vs paying 60 for "unknown" fighters. Whenever I heard of bars not even knowing of PPV's going on that's a sign the demand isn't there I called 5 places up and none are showing card.

like i mentioned both fighters are deserving of a push..this is a fight of some importance in a division..not a cherry pick like canelo-smith..so thats why im shelling out the 59.99 for it...my gambling winnings from last weekend will pay for it lol

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold
like i mentioned both fighters are deserving of a push..this is a fight of some importance in a division..not a cherry pick like canelo-smith..so thats why im shelling out the 59.99 for it...my gambling winnings from last weekend will pay for it lol

Yeah this more deserving of money than that Canelo bullshyt if I had the cash I'd buy it tomorrow but looks like i'll be paying for SOG/KKK as far as PPV goes in 2016. Diaz/McGregor 2 was one I thought about copping but undercard ain't impressing me so I'll watch at a friends.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Crawford getting 1.3 Milly to fight Postol on a PPV that won't do over 80k buys N struggle ticket sales

But Bob can't afford anymore then 3-4 Milly for a PAC Opp that does atleast 500K ppv buys :jbhmm:
Pacman is a dummy if he comes out of retirement for vargas imo. Pac is like 38 fighting vargas is dumb fukk that :stopitslime:

And besides don't arum work for pac, not the other way around:upsetfavre:

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Dan Rafael chat wrap 7/22:

- Crawford by competitive decision. Thinks the 6-1 underdog rating on Postol is insanity.
- Arum says the fight needs to sell 75-80k to break even. Believes it should do that.
- The Crawford vs. Postol fight poster is one of the better ones he has seen.
- The winner of Crawford-Postol re-establishes the lineage at 140 and becomes lineal champ.
- The buzz in Vegas really is pretty decent.
- Crawford vs. Postol is a better PPV than Canelo-Smith.
- Arum says he wanted Crawford vs. Postol to be on regular HBO, Peter Nielson said this fight was only presented to him as a PPV by TR. You decide who to believe. He personally doesn't mind it being on PPV. Should it be on regular HBO? Probably. But it is the #1 and #2 fighter in the division, should be a competitive fight, has a decent undercard, and if HBO really didn't have the money it was worth turning it into a PPV because it is a good matchup (in terms of a being a quality fight).
- If Fury wins, could see him vs. either Wilder or Joshua. But Wilder is out likely until first quarter next year and he may have to take a mandatory.
- Has heard nothing on what is next for Quillin.
- Not worried about Wilder's bicep injury. It is fairly common and guys come back and don't seem affected. The hand injuries are more worrisome. Foreman once told him that big punchers always have injured hands.
- Since Andre Ward is back to being active he doesn't disagree with people moving him back atop the PFP rankings.
- Gamboa signed with an upstart promotional outfit out of Spain. No news on what is next for him. That could have been another bad career mistake.
- Rigo's win was vs. a guy who shouldn't have even been in the ring fighting him. It was a boring fight, other than the KO.
- Response to Rigo's twitter comments about him? If he or his social media person wants to insult him that is on them, he doesn't care. When he makes comments about Rigo, they are in regards to his boxing style, not him as a person.
- Shame that Vasquez is going to lose an eye. He was a true warrior and paid the price. As his manager Frank Espinoza said, that is better than being brain damaged.
- Derevyanchenko is impressive, but lets remember that Soliman is totally shot.
- The Manny Pacquiao Nov. 5 PPV situation is very delicate. HBO does not want to put a Pacquiao fight on PPV, since they have Kovalev-Ward two weeks later. HBO has Manny under contract so they have the option to pick up the fight, but if they do not pick up the Pacquiao fight, he is released from his HBO contract. If that happens HBO takes a big risk if Floyd and Manny schedule a rematch, HBO could be left out entirely. Arum says he is going forward with the fight, no matter what HBO says. Peter Nielson has tough decisions to make.
- Expects Schaefer to return sometime this year.
- Liam Smith is a pretty good fighter and a nice guy, but Canelo should smash him.
- ODH is crazy if he actually thinks Canelo-Smith sells 100k. The tickets are priced a bit too high and Smith is unknown in the US. 50k would be a good and more realistic estimation. Remember, when Pacquiao fought Margarito at the height of his popularity, the tickets were cheaper and they sold 60k. Jerry Jones put up a $5 million site fee. He should definitely see that money back.
- Spence vs. Bundu will be a one fight telecast on NBC. One fight shows are not ideal, but this is an exception because they will be able to fit it between the gold medal basketball game and the local news - which is a good spot to be.
- Jacobs vs. Mora 2 could be on the Spike card Sept. 9, with Commey-Easter.
- Chocolatito's next fight vs. Cuadras is a really good matchup. Cuadras is no joke. It also give Roman the opportunity to win a belt in his 4th weight class, something which his mentor Arguello couldn't do. Chocolatito really wants to do it for Arguello.
- The commentating by Virgil Hunter and Danny Garcia during the Wilder-Arreola card was horrendous. Felt bad for Brian Kenny. Wish the show's producers would have had Hunter's back and corrected him during the fight that Arreola's trainer is Henry Ramirez, not Henry Martinez like Hunter said all night long.
- Enjoyed being in Birmingham for the Wilder fight. Nice city, people, hotel, and BBQ. Looks forward to going back if Wilder fights there again.
- Is Broner the biggest waste of talent he has ever seen? No, Broner has won some titles and made millions before imploding. He gives that title to Francisco Bojado and Ricardo Williams Jr.
- Floyd is entitled to believe he is the GOAT boxer, although he personally doesn't believe so.
- The WBA forgot that Kovalev-Mohammedi counted as a mandatory defense, so the WBA clarified that the Kovalev-Ward fight is in no danger. Kovalev doesn't need to fight his mandatory Brahmer until late March.
- Derrick Jefferson vs. Maurice Harris was a sick KO. One of his favorite Larry Merchant calls.
- Expects that the WBA will order GGG vs. Jacobs for early next year. The reason it hasn't been ordered is because GGG and Jacobs both have other fights scheduled.
- Arum insists he can do business with Haymon, so no reason that he couldn't make Crawford vs. Garcia or Broner.
- Network that PBC has the best chance of continuing their relationship with when the original contracts are up? Spike.
- Rather see: Cotto vs. JMM or Cotto vs. Rios? Cotto vs. JMM. Cotto vs. Rios is a bad fight. No interest in Cotto vs. Khan.
- Joshua and Hearn both say that they have every intention to fight in the US next year.
- HOF: Judah or Fernando Vargas? Neither will get in.
- Does he ever root for a fighter to get their ass kicked? Sometimes.
- Believes that Garcia vs. Berto will happen in September.
- Stiverne is being mentioned as Joshua's next opponent, but nothing concrete yet.
- With Pacquiao retiring, Thurman is his #1 WW. If Pacquiao comes back, he will retake the ranking (assuming he wins).
- Mikey Garcia says he has no promotional deals with anyone beyond next week's fight.
- Still very possible Lomachenko vs. Salido happens in the fall.
- Believes Maidana is probably done fighting. Good for him, won a world title and made lots of money.

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Crawford getting 1.3 Milly to fight Postol on a PPV that won't do over 80k buys N struggle ticket sales

But Bob can't afford anymore then 3-4 Milly for a PAC Opp that does atleast 500K ppv buys :jbhmm:

I don't think the flat amount (3-4MM) is the big deal. I'm sure he tried to rape biscuits n short bus set on the PPV residuals. Bob tryna keep that money in house. Y'all know Pacman prolly already spent 3-4 MM of his purse regardless.

Bob gonna have Pac boxing until he's 55.

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I don't think the flat amount (3-4MM) is the big deal. I'm sure he tried to rape biscuits n short bus set on the PPV residuals. Bob tryna keep that money in house. Y'all know Pacman prolly already spent 3-4 MM of his purse regardless.

The baby snatcher lost

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps

Was it on one of the 24/7's or something else, where they showed that with the tickets, hotel rooms, etc. for Manny's entourage he spends a few million dollars each fight just to accommodate them. It was seriously one of the dumbest things I had every seen. Manny was spending something like $3 million of his purse right back to Arum and the venue just to have his entourage there. :huhldup:
I would be like, maybe y'all should watch from home and I'll take you out to a victory dinner. :ufdup:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Yeah this more deserving of money than that Canelo bullshyt if I had the cash I'd buy it tomorrow but looks like i'll be paying for SOG/KKK as far as PPV goes in 2016. Diaz/McGregor 2 was one I thought about copping but undercard ain't impressing me so I'll watch at a friends.
Damn breh......most of us post here daily, and spend a hour or so in the ring section a day, spend hours watching boxing on espn/fox/hbo/sho/whatever, and get tons of entertainment out of it. You gotta be less selective with paying for PPVs. @patscorpio is right, this is a good fight for the sport and deserves to be ordered. I don't get why we (american fans) are so lax when it comes to supporting a sport we love that gives us countless hours of entertainment a year.

shyt I got HBO/SHO every month. Bradley/Pac 3, Craw/Postol, Pac/Vargas and SOG/KKK this year. Plus went to a PBC in Chicago, which I'd go to watch boxing any time it comes to town.

We have to start acting like Euros (:scusthov:) those motherfukkers will buy a PPV that has Eubank Jr fighting BJS and an undercard of their chimney sweep fighting the dude who sells potatoes on the corner.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Maybe with AB

But With Swift they never negotiated ...someone from TR put out there the amount of 3-4 milly.... Swift N em countered...N then Twitter called it a duck N went in on Garcia

ThaBoxingVoice did a show on it N had the audio

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Was it on one of the 24/7's or something else, where they showed that with the tickets, hotel rooms, etc. for Manny's entourage he spends a few million dollars each fight just to accommodate them. It was seriously one of the dumbest things I had every seen. Manny was spending something like $3 million of his purse right back to Arum and the venue just to have his entourage there. :huhldup:
I would be like, maybe y'all should watch from home and I'll take you out to a victory dinner. :ufdup:
shyt pac-man makes MC Hammer look selfish. He doesn't even try to get those dudes jobs. Just; tickets, hotels, hookers, and gambling chips.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Damn breh......most of us post here daily, and spend a hour or so in the ring section a day, spend hours watching boxing on espn/fox/hbo/sho/whatever, and get tons of entertainment out of it. You gotta be less selective with paying for PPVs. @patscorpio is right, this is a good fight for the sport and deserves to be ordered. I don't get why we (american fans) are so lax when it comes to supporting a sport we love that gives us countless hours of entertainment a year.

shyt I got HBO/SHO every month. Bradley/Pac 3, Craw/Postol, Pac/Vargas and SOG/KKK this year. Plus went to a PBC in Chicago, which I'd go to watch boxing any time it comes to town.

We have to start acting like Euros (:scusthov:) those motherfukkers will buy a PPV that has Eubank Jr fighting BJS and an undercard of their chimney sweep fighting the dude who sells potatoes on the corner.

We ain't got PPVs here for example

Advantage:
  • We didn't have to pay not even for May vs Pac and it was in HD

Disadvantage:
  • American fights here start around 2 or 3 am and the main event usually starts only at 5 or so
  • Because of the more limited number of channels, because of the relatively small interest toward the sport in the country and because of the late time we usually only get the bigger fights on television (they recently started to step up their game though) so we have to stream plenty of times and we can't stay up for all the fights so sometimes we have to watch it next morning if we find a full fight video (allthebestfights luckily has them usually)