Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Broner is undoubtedly a bigger draw than Bradley :yeshrug: it is what it is. Also, we're not gonna see a Pac/Broner fight for now so, lets KIM. Just wait another month until its Vargas vs Manny

Right.

It's no point for Wack_Jesus to keep mentioning AB's name, because the fight aint happening....it'll be Pacquiao vs a TR fighter as normal.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
does this site have it's own P4P and division rankings?

If not then it's not a bad idea imo

We did.... @SuikodenII had put it together, but because we had to do divisions from Minimumweight - Heavyweight (and most of us don't watch fighters below Featherweight on a regular basis to make educated rankings on who are the true Top 10 Mini-Flyweights) it ended up falling off.

I said it before, but let me say it again......I wouldn't mind a strictly Top 10 P4P rankings (and excluding divisions) thread though @SuikodenII. I definitely feel that's something that could be pulled off every month:obama:

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
We did.... @SuikodenII had put it together, but because we had to do divisions from Minimumweight - Heavyweight (and most of us don't watch fighters below Featherweight on a regular basis to make educated rankings on who are the true Top 10 Mini-Flyweights) it ended up falling off.

I said it before, but let me say it again......I wouldn't mind a strictly Top 10 P4P rankings (and excluding divisions) thread though @SuikodenII. I definitely feel that's something that could be pulled off every month:obama:
I c/s this post :gladbron:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Yeah I also don't really follow under 126, let's say under 122 because I kinda follow 122 mainly because of Rigo

and I know something about Roman's and Estrada's weight class too because of them

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
What you think of this list?:lupe:

Newzz' Top 10 P4P fighters as of July:

1. Roman Gonzalez
  2. Sergey Kovalev
  3. Gennady Golovkin
  4. Andre Ward
  5. Terence Crawford
  6. Canelo Alvarez
  7. Guillermo Rigondeaux
  8. Juan Francisco Estrada
  9. Timothy Bradley
  10. Naoya Inoue
Honestly have to do my googles on Estrada.

I'd have SOG #1 and Loma in the top 10, BATB is a tough call at this time. As soon as Pacquiao admits he's not retired I'd imagine he'd be in front of Kkkovalev and 97g. :jbhmm: To work today or come up with a p4p list.........the choices

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Honestly have to do my googles on Estrada.

I'd have SOG #1 and Loma in the top 10, BATB is a tough call at this time. As soon as Pacquiao admits he's not retired I'd imagine he'd be in front of Kkkovalev and 97g. :jbhmm: To work today or come up with a p4p list.........the choices

Yeah, it's hard because P4P isn't just strictly about skill....or my top 3 would be SOG, Loma, and Rigo....it also deals with your recent resume as well.

There's no exact P4P. It's kind of just a personal list using our Boxing eyes/educated judgement which is why SuikodenII compiles all of our lists and makes 1 definite P4P ranking:obama:

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Who do y'all think Wilders next couple fights will be against?

I'm assuming the fight for him is Vs Joshua on PPV or Fury-Wlad winner. Joshua probably easier to make.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

I'm assuming the fight for him is Vs Joshua on PPV or Fury-Wlad winner. Joshua probably easier to make.

Wilder vs Dopevetkin.....at Barclays in December 2016.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

UK paid Charles Martin like $5mm to get him to give Joshua his belt like 6 months ago. There's NO chance they put him in against Wilder for another year or two.

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
UK paid Charles Martin like $5mm to get him to give Joshua his belt like 6 months ago. There's NO chance they put him in against Wilder for another year or two.

He fought five times in 2015 and will probably hit four this year. Assuming he wraps up the year with Parker and gets past him and Wilder Povetkin...its not that far out IMO. Next year at anytime it should be on.

He's got options...but this is a big fight plus you still got Fury/Wlad there. Which probably is an even bigger fight than Wilder.

Joshua will eat even with a loss on his record cause he got a lot of options. He really don't even need the belts he can make those fights with or without em. All that to say I don't think they will protect him like that and Joshua seems game to fight anyone.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

"He had a lot of pressure on him [when training here] and he didn't like it, so he said that he's going to train at home for a while..."

"...I dont think that's he going to fight at this moment."

"I'm trying to bring back the old guy who never said no to me once in four fights and I haven't found that guy yet. I do like him as a person and I do want to help him if I can, but there is only so much that I can do."

@ChocolateGiddyUp :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: