Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Outside of Floyd and Canelo, Broner is the biggest payday Pac coud get.
bob fukked that boy over again, Manny begging for a fight hoping to get another check to pay off the money Bob fronted him the last fight.
SMH

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
So, according to Dan Rafael, AB wanted $6 million to fight Pacquiao.

If Pacquiao returns, who should he fight?

Adrien Broner (32-2, 24 KOs): This was the fight Arum said he and Haymon were working on until Broner, a former four-division titlist, priced himself out of the fight. I'm told Broner was seeking at least $6 million, so Arum ended the talks. Broner then lashed out at Arum on social media with a few choice words we can't print on this website. However, perhaps Broner will come to his senses and they can work out the money. Love him or hate him, Broner would bring spice to a promotion as the villain in this fight. In the ring, it could also be a fun one.

Arum claimed he wanted more money than Pacquiao when all he wanted was the same amount Bradley got in the 2nd fight against Pacquiao:martin:

Fight would be the biggest selling PPV of 2016, easily, & would sell out the venue giving Pacquiao PPV numbers he hasn't seen since the rematch of him vs Bradley...but according to Arum:

“[Broner] wants more than Pacquiao,” Arum said to The Guardian. “Forget it. Obviously he doesn’t want the fight or just doesn’t understand the economics of this business.” "I worked very, very hard with Al to make the Broner fight, but Al was never able to bring Broner around to a realistic number. He wanted what we haven't paid anybody in a long time. Just a crazy number. In effect he wanted parity with Manny, and Al agreed that he couldn't do anything with him. The kid is crazy." - See more at: Arum: Broner Wanted More Than Pacquiao, He's Crazy! - Boxing News

:camby:

Last edited:

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Its seeming like he's using Broner's name and the "potential" of a fight to generate buzz/interest/public awareness for another lackluster Pacquiao PPV fight like he did with Mayweather's name time after time.
I think you just hit the nail on the head.
I'm trying to think of a Top Rank 140 or 147 fighter.
I'm guessing he has told Crawford that if he beats Postol he will get the fight and he'll probably hit him with the low ball of 1.8 mil.

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Its seeming like he's using Broner's name and the "potential" of a fight to generate buzz/interest/public awareness for another lackluster Pacquiao PPV fight like he did with Mayweather's name time after time.
It will be real interesting to see who gets the fight. If it is Vargas we know why. Again I dont think $6 million is crazy and there is still plenty of time to negotiate since Pacquiao hasn't even committed 100%. Bob probably could have gotten Broner closer to 5 and still made the fight. He knows it would sell and Broner would be on full troll mode. Can you imagine Broner's trash talking unleashed for a PPV fight?! :ohlawd:

Probably means Danny isnt going to be an option either....you think Garcia views he is worth less than Broner.

Queue up a TR vs. TR fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
It will be real interesting to see who gets the fight. If it is Vargas we know why. Again I dont think $6 million is crazy and there is still plenty of time to negotiate since Pacquiao hasn't even committed 100%. Bob probably could have gotten Broner closer to 5 and still made the fight. He knows it would sell and Broner would be on full troll mode. Can you imagine Broner's trash talking unleashed for a PPV fight?! :ohlawd:

Probably means Danny isnt going to be an option either....you think Garcia views he is worth less than Broner.

3 for 3....I agree with everything:wow:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That is why we need more receipts from the negotiations. If Broner came in and said $7 million that isn't reason to stop negotiations, like $10 milly may have been. To me $7 million was just past the point of reason, which is what negotiations are. You ask for the top or just slightly over. Now if Bob came back and said, we can't do seven and I'll show you why, see what Cotto and some of these other fighters made who are as popular or more than you, and offered Broner $5 or 6 million that would be fair. And if Broner turned down $5 or 6 million he is a fool. Something isn't adding up. Either Broner wanted too much, or Bob wasn't willing to pay Broner. What we do know is that Pacquiao needs a successful PPV and to do so he needs a name opponent. So they are going to have to pay someone. For Pacquiao to get his $20-30 million from PPV he can't have a $1 or 2 million dollar opponent.

:jbhmm:

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold

Get Marquez on the phone

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Pacquiao is old news he ain't doing numbers unless he fighting Canelo or Floyd
Dunno about all that.

If Broner wanted 6MM flat Bob should have given it to him. You sell 600k ppv's or so and cake off of that. :yeshrug: boxing strikes again