Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Porter won or drew with Thurman.

He needs to fire Kenny for real though. He fights like a straight up moron it's shocking he's gotten as far as he has with that style.

Thurman needs to fight more than once a year. Thurman let Porter control the fight even though Porter was open literally every time he rushed in. When he threw and fought he was getting busy and winning. But he barely fought, show little ring generalship imo. Definitely want to see a rematch. Porter 100000% needs a new trainer.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps

He needs to fire Kenny for real though. He fights like a straight up moron it's shocking he's gotten as far as he has with that style.

Thurman needs to fight more than once a year. Thurman let Porter control the fight even though Porter was open literally every time he rushed in. When he threw and fought he was getting busy and winning. But he barely fought, show little ring generalship imo. Definitely want to see a rematch. Porter 100000% needs a new trainer.
Thurman won

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Same thing I saw.

Yep. He has BEEN due for a change in trainers. They have reached their pinnacle together

Exactly. I agree with it all....especially the ring generalship, bc they fought at Porter’s speed/pace.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Same thing I saw.

Yep. He has BEEN due for a change in trainers. They have reached their pinnacle together

Exactly. I agree with it all....especially the ring generalship, bc they fought at Porter’s speed/pace.

The way Porter fights is just.........nonsensical to me. He barely jabbed at all and when he did was touching Thurman consistently with it. Then he gets Thurman exactly where he wants him (against the ropes) in 8/12 rounds, then smothers his own work :dwillhuh: Furthermore, the double left hook, to the kidney then up top was open EVERY time Porter had him against the ropes. All that being said, Porter still did more than enough IMO to draw/win the fight. Yes Keith connected on more punches, however his 'defense' was not there compared to what he was talking about, and his ring generalship was literally non existent.

I scored the fight as such
1st 2 rounds porter, 3-4 Keith, 5-9 Porter with Keith closing out the championship rounds. I will watch again as there were a bunch of swing rounds. Overall, it was a good fight but both fighters are due for a switch up. That version of Thurman isn't winning a decision against other top WW's, likewise struggle time is the same thing. Shawn needs to re-tool his style if he plans on being a champion again. Thurman needs to start fighting 3 times a year again. He takes far too many lulls in action.

A struggle version of Maidana would have handled both those guys on that night. Tim beats them both on that night too.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Somebody run a shopping cart into this dude's car again:camby:

Trying to steal AB's fight:shaq2:

With Floyd gone, Manny is the biggest fish in the sport and now that his retirement is in the bushes and Arum seems open to working with PBC I would expect a lot more guys will start calling him out.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'd like to see Porter vs BATB for real. That's a fireworks fight that even Patrick could enjoy
That would be a seriously ugly ass fight. Them dudes would be clashing heads at least 5 times a round for the whole fight.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
The way Porter fights is just.........nonsensical to me. He barely jabbed at all and when he did was touching Thurman consistently with it. Then he gets Thurman exactly where he wants him (against the ropes) in 8/12 rounds, then smothers his own work :dwillhuh: Furthermore, the double left hook, to the kidney then up top was open EVERY time Porter had him against the ropes. All that being said, Porter still did more than enough IMO to draw/win the fight. Yes Keith connected on more punches, however his 'defense' was not there compared to what he was talking about, and his ring generalship was literally non existent.

I scored the fight as such
1st 2 rounds porter, 3-4 Keith, 5-9 Porter with Keith closing out the championship rounds. I will watch again as there were a bunch of swing rounds. Overall, it was a good fight but both fighters are due for a switch up. That version of Thurman isn't winning a decision against other top WW's, likewise struggle time is the same thing. Shawn needs to re-tool his style if he plans on being a champion again. Thurman needs to start fighting 3 times a year again. He takes far too many lulls in action.

A struggle version of Maidana would have handled both those guys on that night. Tim beats them both on that night too.

I had it:

Keith Thurman rounds 1, 4, 5, 11, and 12.

Shawn Porter rounds 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10.

If we combine our cards (going off of rounds we agreed on), Thurman would get rounds 4, 11, and 12 while Porter would get rounds 2, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Rounds 1, 3, 5, and 10 would be toss ups.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
With Floyd gone, Manny is the biggest fish in the sport and now that his retirement is in the bushes and Arum seems open to working with PBC I would expect a lot more guys will start calling him out.
No WW's right now beat Manny. Keith would get Margarito'd the skill gap between Manny and the current WW's is large.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
That would be a seriously ugly ass fight. Them dudes would be clashing heads at least 5 times a round for the whole fight.
It would be. But I think it'd be action packed as well. Shawn and BATB both have very big fighting ego's, although Tim has tried to tone his down. Shawn doesn't have the power to dissuade Tim IMO.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
No WW's right now beat Manny. Keith would get Margarito'd the skill gap between Manny and the current WW's is large.
It's weird to me how cocky Keith has gotten since winning this fight last weekend. Dude first of all was basically given a gift, because I thought Porter won. Honestly all these new 147 guys are garbage, outside of Spence. All of them are C+ to B- fighters to me. Thurman would get his ass whooped by any of the top future HOFers (Manny, BATB, and of course Floyd). I can't wait for Errol to take over this weak fukking weight class. Also can't wait for Crawford to move up and eat up these weak guys. God 147 is weak as hell, imo. Only elite talent is Spence, man. Rest are fukking garbage.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
It would be. But I think it'd be action packed as well. Shawn and BATB both have very big fighting ego's, although Tim has tried to tone his down. Shawn doesn't have the power to dissuade Tim IMO.
BATB would beat the living shyt out of Porter. It would give the crowd a lot of fireworks though, like you said.