Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
11231678_10153690457354683_5533525170046620153_n.jpg

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Bradley robbed Pacquiao and congratulations, he beat JMM 2 years ago. Outside of those 2 fights, since ducking Khan and jumping back up to Welterweight in 2012, he's done absolutely nothing to show he's an elite Welterweight that yall keep proclaiming he is.

Vs Pac: Looked bad, was on roller skates all night. Robbed Pac. Def Lost but didn't get embarrassed or 'looked bad' re watch that joint

Vs. Prov: Got embarrassed. Looked horrible, and again was on Bambi legs all night. War type of fight, won in a FOTY.

Vs. JMM: Good victory, outboxed him. One sided victory over an ATG

Vs. Paq: Looked even worse than he did in the 1st fight. Was on roller skates again. :yeshrug: It's Pac

Vs. Chaves: Couldnt get the job done. Took a draw against a fighter who has never won a fight outside of Argentina, Keith Thurman dropped 2x and KOd within 10 rounds, and Brandon Rios was beating before Rios got the DQ win. Fought with a fukked up face won on almost everyone's cards 8-4 :yeshrug: You can use it as slander, but re-watching the fight and your commentary make it different

Vs. Vargas: Won clear, but got rocked and possibly saved by the ref making a horrible decision with 10 seconds left in the fight and Bradley's equilibrium with 1 foot in the bushes by a dude who barely carries power at Junior Welterweight- Won clear--all that matters here boss

Yall say Timothy Bradley is an elite Welterweight or "best after Floyd and Pac", but yet his performances at Welterweight dont back that up at all.
See my retorts above
:heh: at ducking Khan brought the ol @merkleman out? Breh has had 2 rough performances at WW and carries a 4-1-1 record there fighting; Manny 2x, JMM, Prov, Chaves and Vargas, no light weights. I think him vs prime Shane would be a good fight but I think shane takes that one.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The point is not to breakdown Bradley vs Vargas, it was to make the point that prime Shane Mosley would've never let someone who punches like Jessie Vargas, to put him back on Bambi legs breh.

Bradley won the fight clear, but that 12th round made Bradley look BAAAD especially with the fact we knew Vargas was a light hitting Junior Welterweight moving up to face him. Wouldnt have happened against Mosley:yeshrug:
Mosley has gotten KD what 2 in his career? He had a granite chin, Tim has a granite heart :yeshrug:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
See my retorts above
:heh: at ducking Khan brought the ol @merkleman out? Breh has had 2 rough performances at WW and carries a 4-1-1 record there fighting; Manny 2x, JMM, Prov, Chaves and Vargas, no light weights. I think him vs prime Shane would be a good fight but I think shane takes that one.

3 rough performances, 1 very good performance, 1 good performance, and 1 okay performance imo.

I think Prime Shane Mosley goes 6-0 over that entire stretch breh.

Mosley has gotten KD what 2 in his career? He had a granite chin, Tim has a granite heart :yeshrug:

Yes, but his chin is what would be needed in order for Mosley not to KO him....considering that Mosley and Bradley both love to stand and trade/brawl.

If Vargas could wobble him, I think it's a very good chance that Mosley KOs him:yeshrug:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
3 rough performances, 1 very good performance, 1 good performance, and 1 okay performance imo.

I think Prime Shane Mosley goes 6-0 over that entire stretch breh.

Yes, but his chin is what would be needed in order for Mosley not to KO him....considering that Mosley and Bradley both love to stand and trade/brawl.

If Vargas could wobble him, I think it's a very good chance that Mosley KOs him:yeshrug:
Dunno if Mosley goes 6-0 over that stretch. I actually agree with you minus the KO part, because Bradley ain't gonna lose by KO. Watching the **** fight reminded me of Mosley a lot; the jab, the ring generalship, the overhand rights, speed etc. Shame my mans check the rez can't punch

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Dunno if Mosley goes 6-0 over that stretch. I actually agree with you minus the KO part, because Bradley ain't gonna lose by KO. Watching the **** fight reminded me of Mosley a lot; the jab, the ring generalship, the overhand rights, speed etc. Shame my mans check the rez can't punch

That, and the fact he throws his gameplan in the window when he gets caught with a good shot, are my only 2 problems with Bradley. He gets caught up in proving how "tough" he is, but no one questions his heart.:mjcry:

We know you're a Warrior Timmy. You dont have to get your brains bashed in to prove it over and over again:damn::to:

Like I said, I personally believe he's good at everything in the world....except power and sticking to his gameplan for 36 minutes. The last time he did, he outboxed JMM to a clear victory:wow:

Bradley is doing something right though, because at the end of the day, only Pacquiao has been able to get the W over him and that does count for alot:yeshrug:

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
The only other fighter besides pacquiao I've seen to visibly and seriously hurt barrera..this is another head scratcher..dude had glass in his chin but somehow took barrera ' s punches well...i remember @HARLEM AL saying Junior isn't doing too good these days
nope not at all. His wife and manager cleaned him out. He was still trying to fight when the last time I Saw him. I looked at Yoel(zab pops) like is he serious?

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Not really an astute observation but I'm digging how Miguel Cotto, through his career, has taken control of it and has become a bit of a boss as a result. Seems like his profile is far higher than when he was at Top Rank.
Yeah, it's good to see him take control of his own brand the way he has. He had a pretty high profile even when he was with TR, which is what allowed him to leave and be his own guy.

I think Floyd has changed the way we look at things, and I think in many ways it's very unrealistic. Not every fighter can be their own boss