Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Mares Explains Jumping From Golden Boy To Al Haymon

Posted by: Miguel Rivera on 8/24/2015 .
>>>Click Here For Tons of More Breaking Boxing News, Articles and Insider Information<<<

By Miguel Rivera

Abner Mares (29-11-, 15KOs) is less than a week away from his showdown with Southern California rival Leo Santa Cruz (30-0-1, 17KOs). The fight takes place on Saturday night at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

The fight became more of a reality when last year Mares parted ways with longtime manager Frank Espinoza and signed on with manager/adviser Al Haymon. Santa Cruz has worked for years with Haymon.

Since coming on board with Haymon, Mares says their relationship is very strong.

"It's very good. Since signing me and until now, we have a very friendly relationship. A very open relationship. He gives me advice and tells me which fight is good for me and which is not. And I am very happy about our relationship because he's a good guy, a good person, because he's not only looking out for his own benefit, but also for the benefit of me," Mares told ESPN Deportes.

In leaving Espinoza, Mares also parted ways with Golden Boy Promotions. He had been with them for his entire career and became the first world champion groomed by their banner.

"What happened is the contract ended. People think that I just left, I broke the contract, but that's not what happened. It was a matter of business, as in any other job, where someone is not required to remain in that job for life. I was with Golden Boy for seven years. I was the first world champion of the company and the contract was finished," Mares said.

"And when Haymon came to me, I told Oscar that were offering me other things and never got a counter-proposal. Therefore, I was looking after the welfare of my family, I opted for what they were offering me in this endeavor and thanked them for all they had done for me in Golden Boy. "

"There was a good relationship [De La Hoya]. But the truth is, there was never a direct relationship with him. And I think that's something that was missing with Oscar, as owner of the company, which is something that he's now doing. For my part, again, it was just a business decision."

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
#BandCamp is dead until further notice....we #AboutBillions now:aboutbillions:

Secondly though, what does #BandCamp or #AboutBillions have to do with anything breh?:dwillhuh:

How could we have fallen far if we headlining a Showtime card on October 3rd, fighting for the WBA Junior Welterweight Championship?:ohhh:
Were thou not referring to Barthelemy or Figueora of ways for AB to prove himself?

Ever think you'd make that post 2 years ago breh? :mjcry: Me neither

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Were thou not referring to Barthelemy or Figueora of ways for AB to prove himself?

Ever think you'd make that post 2 years ago breh? :mjcry: Me neither

I was referring to Mickey Bey breh:heh:

He beat the #1 Lightweight and took his belt, but yet people still doubt him due to John ROIDlina knocking him out with a hail mary at the end of the game, so give us Figgy or Bart....and we will again prove our spot in Boxing today:blessed:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He beat the #1 Lightweight and took his belt, but yet people still doubt him due to John ROIDlina knocking him out with a hail mary at the end of the game,

1. bey got popped for roiding; molina for a diuretic....theres a difference :russ:
2.. he was gifted that title..vazquez made a stupid decision signing to haymon and paid the price with his belt..he has not been seen on TV since..where at least for HBO he actually was part of televised cards
3. no one told bey to show off and not to hold..dude literally ate punch after punch until the ref had to rescue his dumb ass from getting sent completely to the bushes

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I was referring to Mickey Bey breh:heh:

He beat the #1 Lightweight and took his belt, but yet people still doubt him due to John ROIDlina knocking him out with a hail mary at the end of the game, so give us Figgy or Bart....and we will again prove our spot in Boxing today:blessed:
:heh:
whooooooooops

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
1. bey got popped for roiding; molina for a diuretic....theres a difference :russ:

Sure is...Bey forget to use the water pills like Roidlina did:sas2:

2.. he was gifted that title..vazquez made a stupid decision signing to haymon and paid the price with his belt..he has not been seen on TV since..where at least for HBO he actually was part of televised cards

Come on now Pat:comeon:

We won that fight fair and square AND as the underdog:ufdup:

I would say early XMas present is more like it:youngsabo:

3. no one told bey to show off and not to hold..dude literally ate punch after punch until the ref had to rescue his dumb ass from getting sent completely to the bushes

Which is why we need Figgy's or Bart's scalp in order to erase that from the boxing fan's memory. He blew that fight:yeshrug:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
:mjcry: :mjcry: :mjcry:

Mandatory Pretty Boy Joan gif

rXd7Pt4.gif

2Vl06vI.gif

He pretty much embarrassed Humberto Soto.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Dude literally had it all :snoop:

His style would have gave Pacman all kinds of problems had they fought back when nikkas were discussing it.

None of those guys wanted it with Lil Tyson back then (El Terrible, MAB, Pac). JMM was "avoided" back then & had people calling him "The Avoided Juan". Guzman came knocking on that door but never got an answer from him either.

Last edited:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

1. Same nikka that cries about The Mexican Hero at 160 :cape:for diuretics :rudy:

2. We should be thanking Al Haymon for keeping Vazquez off TV...Put Vazquez on PBC so haters can bytch N shyt on the fight :mindblown:

As far as it being a mistake signing with Haymon...Vazquez was inactive for over a year N then fought on HBO2 at 4am all while being a champ...who the hell wouldn't wanna leave that :camby:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
1. Same nikka that cries about The Mexican Hero at 160 :cape:for diuretics :rudy:

2. We should be thanking Al Haymon for keeping Vazquez off TV...Put Vazquez on PBC so haters can bytch N shyt on the fight :mindblown:

As far as it being a mistake signing with Haymon...Vazquez was inactive for over a year N then fought on HBO2 at 4am all while being a champ...who the hell wouldn't wanna leave that :camby:

1. both are bad and both got popped for being dirty just like Jr did...i dont condone either lol...but bey was straight up roiding..this nikka had like a 30 to 1 T/E level..and hes a lightweight :mindblown:...what kinda shyt is that? :dahell:...diuretics dont do that

2.vazquez should have a shot at being a PBC star too breh :youngsabo:..vazquez also had 2 fights on hbo air during normal times..i know this because if i go back in this thread i can find comments of me talking about both fights live lol

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:what:at Vasquez getting off of tv being a bad thing.

Haymon did us all a favor with that one. :mjlol:

Dude use to have the most boring anti-climatic fights fought at the most pedestrian of paces. :snoop:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Please tell me you're trolling....

Trolling about what in that sentence? Im 100% serious.

Mickey Bey was busted for PEDs, but John Molina was also roided up in his fight against AB. Him being caught using "diuretics", which ironically masks any trace of PEDs, was all I needed to know.

nikka was trying to flush his system and got caught.

If Bey went heavy on the water pills, he wouldve been busted for diuretics as well...like ROIDlina was.

Last edited: