Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Boxing media is funny brehs.

I never mentioned ol' boy , but because I don't like GGG-Lemieux let's mock me smh

Media nikkas need to start calling out his bullshyt N nut gripping...Steve Kim gets retweets from dweebs N nerds starts feelin himself N the bullshyt he says gets worse N worse

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Golovkin-Lemieux: 15,000 Tickets Already Sold

Gennady Golovkin continues his meteoric rise as one of the fastest rising stars in boxing today. His upcoming October 17 middleweight unification bout with David Lemieux is well on its way to selling out Madison Square Garden, as event handlers are already considering the possibility of adding seats.

"We've sold already over 15,000 tickets in less than a week," MSG Executive Vice President Joel Fisher informed the assembled media on hand during the kickoff press conference Tuesday afternoon in New York City. "We set a record on the pre-sale, almost doubling the previously highest presale.

"We're looking into freeing up seats. It's become that big."

The card will air live on HBO Pay-Per-View, at a suggested retail price of $49.95. The televised undercard is still being formed, but will include World flyweight champion Roman Gonzalez in a dangerous defense versus two-division champ Brian Viloria.

Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs) fights on MSG property for the fourth time in his career, including his second appearance in the main room of the historic venue. The unbeaten knockout artist from Kazakhstan last appeared in New York City last July, scoring a 3rd round knockout of Daniel Geale in front of nearly 10,000 fans at Madison Square Garden.

His previous trips on site took place in 2013, both playing at MSG Theatre. A seven-round battering of Gabriel Rosado in Jan. '13 was the first of four knockouts in a Fight of the Year-level campaign in 2013, capped by his 8th round knockout of Curtis Stevens in front of a sold-out MSG Theatre crowd in November.

Following the win over Geale, Golovkin took his act to the West Coast, drawing record crowds at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. and The Forum in Inglewood for knockout wins over Marco Antonio Rubio and Willie Monroe, respectively.

It was agreed that his showdown with Lemieux (34-2, 31KOs)—like Golovkin, a fire-breathing puncher in a loaded middleweight division—was best suited for the East Coast, thus the return to Madison Square Garden.

Lemieux makes his second appearance in New York and in the United States. His stateside debut came last December, stopping Gabriel Rosado in the 10th and final roud of their crossroads bout at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

His lone fight of 2015 was the biggest win of his career, scoring four knockdowns en route to a 12-round decision over Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam this past June to collect a vacant title.

Intial plans for the remainder of the year called for an optional defense while awaiting a mandatory challenger to be named. His team—which includes Golden Boy Promotions and Eye of the Tiger Management—decided the best fit for his career was to head straight into a unification bout with Golovkin.

"Who would have thought a small kid like me smoking cigarettes at 9-10 years old would be here, helping fill up Madison Square Garden," Lemieux noted, taking it all in while at the podium.

The winner of the fight will be in line to next face the victor of another major middleweight fight, the November 21 clash between World middleweight champion Miguel Cotto and Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.

If the winner of Cotto-Alvarez doesn't oblige, then the belt at stake will be awarded by default to whomever comes out ahead on October 17.

Whatever the case, this event was designed to give fans an explosive fight at a price they can afford, and the purchasing public has spoken. The hope is that PPV sales will mirror the success at the live gate.

"We want as many PPV subscribers and fans as possible to see this event," commented Tom Loeffler, managing director of K2 Promotions, Golovkin's promoter. " Just like with pricing tickets reasonably, we felt along with Golden Boy Promotions that this ($49.95) price point would allow for fans to afford this event."

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Boxing media is funny brehs.

I never mentioned ol' boy , but because I don't like GGG-Lemieux let's mock me smh

Breh let em have it.don't let a cat who prolly can't throw a left jab properly talk that shyt to you

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps

The hate for PBC is so blatant and open that it's beyond disgusting at this point:camby:

The #3 and #6 RING Ranked fighters being scheduled to fight and this is the type of responses we get from a boxing "journalist":scusthov:

:laff:

both brehs are the ultimate paper champions and boring as fukk to boot.

:laff: @ putting tihs on at barclays. NEWSFLASH no one in brooklyn or new york gives a fukk about these two frauds

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Spoonface trying to push GGG vs Lemeuix over Canelo vs Cotto now :comeon:

those 200 bucks i spent to get :ohlawd: tickets to golovkin/lemieux as close as you can go without being on the floor would get me in row ZZZZZZZZX at the 12,000 capacity for the severly overpriced canelo/cotto fight. not to mention the undercard it has. of course ggg/lemieux isn't the fight cotto/canelo is but its better bang for the buck right?

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
those 200 bucks i spent to get :ohlawd: tickets to golovkin/lemieux as close as you can go without being on the floor would get me in row ZZZZZZZZX at the 12,000 capacity for the severly overpriced canelo/cotto fight. not to mention the undercard it has. of course ggg/lemieux isn't the fight cotto/canelo is but its better bang for the buck right?

Do you know the undercard for Canelo vs Cotto??

So how tf you goin talk bout bang for your buck without knowing all the details :stopitslime:

GGG could knock Lemeuix out in 2 RDS like Rubio cuz Lemeuix fukking sucks...:pachaha:

Theres a much better chance of Cotto vs Canelo being a competitive fight

I could go to Cicero Stadium on a Friday night see a bunch of Mexicans brutilize each other N pay $7

more bang for my buck N more competitive then the GGG ppv :beli:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Golovkin-Lemieux: 15,000 Tickets Already Sold

Gennady Golovkin continues his meteoric rise as one of the fastest rising stars in boxing today. His upcoming October 17 middleweight unification bout with David Lemieux is well on its way to selling out Madison Square Garden, as event handlers are already considering the possibility of adding seats.

"We've sold already over 15,000 tickets in less than a week," MSG Executive Vice President Joel Fisher informed the assembled media on hand during the kickoff press conference Tuesday afternoon in New York City. "We set a record on the pre-sale, almost doubling the previously highest presale.

"We're looking into freeing up seats. It's become that big."

The card will air live on HBO Pay-Per-View, at a suggested retail price of $49.95. The televised undercard is still being formed, but will include World flyweight champion Roman Gonzalez in a dangerous defense versus two-division champ Brian Viloria.

Golovkin (33-0, 30KOs) fights on MSG property for the fourth time in his career, including his second appearance in the main room of the historic venue. The unbeaten knockout artist from Kazakhstan last appeared in New York City last July, scoring a 3rd round knockout of Daniel Geale in front of nearly 10,000 fans at Madison Square Garden.

His previous trips on site took place in 2013, both playing at MSG Theatre. A seven-round battering of Gabriel Rosado in Jan. '13 was the first of four knockouts in a Fight of the Year-level campaign in 2013, capped by his 8th round knockout of Curtis Stevens in front of a sold-out MSG Theatre crowd in November.

Following the win over Geale, Golovkin took his act to the West Coast, drawing record crowds at StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. and The Forum in Inglewood for knockout wins over Marco Antonio Rubio and Willie Monroe, respectively.

It was agreed that his showdown with Lemieux (34-2, 31KOs)—like Golovkin, a fire-breathing puncher in a loaded middleweight division—was best suited for the East Coast, thus the return to Madison Square Garden.

Lemieux makes his second appearance in New York and in the United States. His stateside debut came last December, stopping Gabriel Rosado in the 10th and final roud of their crossroads bout at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York.

His lone fight of 2015 was the biggest win of his career, scoring four knockdowns en route to a 12-round decision over Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam this past June to collect a vacant title.

Intial plans for the remainder of the year called for an optional defense while awaiting a mandatory challenger to be named. His team—which includes Golden Boy Promotions and Eye of the Tiger Management—decided the best fit for his career was to head straight into a unification bout with Golovkin.

"Who would have thought a small kid like me smoking cigarettes at 9-10 years old would be here, helping fill up Madison Square Garden," Lemieux noted, taking it all in while at the podium.

The winner of the fight will be in line to next face the victor of another major middleweight fight, the November 21 clash between World middleweight champion Miguel Cotto and Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.

If the winner of Cotto-Alvarez doesn't oblige, then the belt at stake will be awarded by default to whomever comes out ahead on October 17.

Whatever the case, this event was designed to give fans an explosive fight at a price they can afford, and the purchasing public has spoken. The hope is that PPV sales will mirror the success at the live gate.

"We want as many PPV subscribers and fans as possible to see this event," commented Tom Loeffler, managing director of K2 Promotions, Golovkin's promoter. " Just like with pricing tickets reasonably, we felt along with Golden Boy Promotions that this ($49.95) price point would allow for fans to afford this event."
You payasos still wanna bet that this PPV doesn't do at least 500K easy? :sas1:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Do you know the undercard for Canelo vs Cotto??

So how tf you goin talk bout bang for your buck without knowing all the details :stopitslime:

GGG could knock Lemeuix out in 2 RDS like Rubio cuz Lemeuix fukking sucks...:pachaha:

Theres a much better chance of Cotto vs Canelo being a competitive fight

I could go to Cicero Stadium on a Friday night see a bunch of Mexicans brutilize each other N pay $7

more bang for my buck N more competitive then the GGG ppv :beli:
and you're calling other people haters though..