Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
It was a busy day for the Nevada State Athletic Commission at its monthly meeting on Thursday, when it meted out several suspensions to boxers and MMA fighters because of failed drug tests. Among the boxers disciplined were junior welterweight John Molina Jr., lightweight Raymundo Beltran and middleweight Shane Mosley Jr.

Molina was suspended for seven months and fined $90,000 and must produce a clean test in order to be relicensed. The fine represented 20 percent of the career-high $450,000 purse he earned in his March 7 fight at the MGM Grand against Adrien Broner.

Following a near-shutout loss to Broner -- Molina's third defeat in a row -- his urine tested positive for Furosemide, a diuretic. Diuretics, which are banned substances, are used to assist in weight loss and as a masking agent for steroids.

Molina (27-6, 22 KOs), 32, of Covina, California, and his trainer, Joe Goossen, testified that making weight was not an issue for Molina during training camp.

John Molina Jr. received a seven-month suspension after testing positive for the diuretic Furosemide following his March 7 loss to Adrien Broner. Gary A. Vasquez/USA TODAY Sports
"As soon as I got the phone call about the test I was very concerned," Molina told the commission. "I lost sleep. First and foremost, I can guarantee this won't happen again. I don't know how this happened to me. My only way of thinking how it may have happened was a contaminated supplement."

Questioned by commissioner Pat Lundvall about whether he had any of the supplements remaining, Molina said whatever was left was thrown away before the weigh-in, which did not sit well with Lundvall or the other commissioners.

Molina's suspension is retroactive to the day of the fight -- as are all of the suspensions -- meaning he is eligible to reapply for a license on Oct. 7.

Beltran, 33, a native of Mexico living in Phoenix, tested positive for the anabolic steroid stanazol following his second-round knockout win against Takahiro Ao on May 1 at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas. The fight was supposed to be for a vacant lightweight world title, but Beltran failed to make weight and therefore was not eligible to win the belt. When he knocked out Ao, the title remained vacant. Beltran made matters worse by failing the drug test.

The commission suspended Beltran for nine months and fined him $25,500 -- 30 percent of his $85,000 purse -- and also said he must produce a clean drug test before he would be relicensed.

Beltran's victory was also changed to a no-contest, meaning his record reverts to 29-7-1 with 17 knockouts.

Beltran offered little in the way of a defense, saying only that his nutritionist suggested he take the substance. The commission, surprised by the comment, asked for the nutritionist's name and contact information.

Mosley, the 24-year-old son of former pound-for-pound king and three-division world champion Shane Mosley Sr., tested positive for an amphetamine -- Adderall, which is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder -- following his 51-second knockout victory against Jason Kelly on June 27 in a Big Knockout Boxing card at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

Although Mosley (4-1, 4 KOs) had a prescription for Adderall, he did not notify the commission on his prefight questionnaire or seek a therapeutic use exemption. Mosley was suspended for seven months and fined $6,250 -- 25 percent of his $25,000 purse. Because BKB bouts are not official boxing contests, his boxing record will remain the same, although the victory was changed to a no-contest on his BKB record, meaning he is officially 0-0 in BKB bouts.

Although Mosley will be eligible to fight again in January, the suspension has already cost him at least two fights. He was scheduled to fight on the Sergey Kovalev-Nadjib Mohammedi undercard at Mandalay Bay on July 25 and on the undercard of his father's rematch with Ricardo Mayorga, which is scheduled for Aug. 29 at The Forum in Inglewood, California.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Cmon breh don't be ridic.

Faster hands, better workrate, ring generalship, better jab just off the top

I was told that AB jab was top notch tho breh :dwillhuh:

Nah but you right Khan got his advantages over AB

AB could beat Khan tho...Broner can counter N got enough power to slump Khan

Then you got Khan who can outwork AB N land more then enough to get the W

Its a true 50/50 I don't trust either of them nikkas :russ:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Rios turned down Brook N was complaining bout the $$$

With Timmay, Rios says they'll take less from what he wanted...(we don't know the exact number) dunkin says its off cuz Bradley wants too much of the pie....so basically Rios won't drop past a certain number N is complaining bout money

Could this be Allah reaching into his old bag of tricks where a fighter bytches bout $$$, turns down fights N ends up signing with Haymon shortly after??

Jae

CREATOR OF BADCULTURE.NET - VISIT & CLICK SOME ADS
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles/Inglewood All Day Every Day
I would like to welcome you back but I need to know how you feel about the GOAT Super middle Andre "Son of Gawd" Ward first :leostare:

Talented, but boring. As much personality as an old weave. I'm torn as to whether I'd like to see him move up to light heavy or hang around super midd and weight for triple G.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Rios turned down Brook N was complaining bout the $$$

With Timmay, Rios says they'll take less from what he wanted...(we don't know the exact number) dunkin says its off cuz Bradley wants too much of the pie....so basically Rios won't drop past a certain number N is complaining bout money

Could this be Allah reaching into his old bag of tricks where a fighter bytches bout $$$, turns down fights N ends up signing with Haymon shortly after??
Wouldn't be surprised if Tim or Rios signed to Haymon. Both are in a division where HBO fam doesn't have 25% of the competition Allah got. Plus they probably seeing Ghost get $1MM to get his ass beat by the spanish dude who delivers my water, and they prolly feel some type of way.