Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Why not? Ruslan has already admitted that he can beat fighters that fight like that.

AB gets on his bike, sticks and moves, Ruslan will be beaten. If AB tries to brawl with him, he's gonna have a rough night.

Getting on your bike, sticking and moving isn't the same as boxing passively.

Algieri moved around, but he also threw a lot of punches.

Yeah Broner knows how to use the ring, but when it comes down to it he'll have to actually be steady with the offense too if he wants to win against Ruslan.

You just can't do one or the other against guys like that. You gotta do both. That last time I saw Broner do that was against Taylor and that was like 3 fights ago.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Getting on your bike, sticking and moving isn't the same as boxing passively.

Algieri moved around, but he also threw a lot of punches.

Yeah Broner knows how to use the ring, but when it comes down to it he'll have to actually be steady with the offense too if he wants to win against Ruslan.

You just can't do one or the other against guys like that. You gotta do both. That last time I saw Broner do that was against Taylor and that was like 3 fights ago.

Against Taylor, he basically stood in front of him in the entire fight. I dont recall him using any movement. Just fighting inside or standing right in front of Taylor.

But also, I never thought anything of Ruslan Provodnikov, and still believe him to be overrated thanks to Timothy Bradley fighting him stupidly.

I think AB beats him, but it doesnt even matter anymore when I say that, because AB is too unpredictable in the ring. He might not throw a single punch and get KO'd for all I know, due to the fact he's not consistent with whatever "style" he fights in and I have yet to see Stafford or AB make an adjustment during the fight

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
• Former junior welterweight titlist Ruslan Provodnikov, one half of the 2013 fight of the year against Tim Bradley and one half of the front runner for 2015 fight of the year honors against Lucas Matthysse, could be headed for a three-fight deal with Showtime after appearing on HBO in four of his last five fights (with one taking place in Russia that HBO did not broadcast). HBO, however, has not shown much interest in retaining his services even though he is one of boxing’s most exciting fighters (albeit a guy who has lost three of his last five fights). If he goes to Showtime, the first bout of the deal could be in November against former three-division titlist Adrien Broner. It would be desperation time for both of them. Provodnikov lost a majority decision to Matthysse in April and Broner is coming off a decision loss to Shawn Porter in June.

Insider info on Ward, Provodnikov, Floyd's card - Dan Rafael Blog - ESPN

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Against Taylor, he basically stood in front of him in the entire fight. I dont recall him using any movement. Just fighting inside or standing right in front of Taylor.

But also, I never thought anything of Ruslan Provodnikov, and still believe him to be overrated thanks to Timothy Bradley fighting him stupidly.

I think AB beats him, but it doesnt even matter anymore when I say that, because AB is too unpredictable in the ring. He might not throw a single punch and get KO'd for all I know, due to the fact he's not consistent with whatever "style" he fights in and I have yet to see Stafford or AB make an adjustment during the fight

My bad, I meant Broner didn't box passively against Taylor. He didn't use the ring much, but he stood his ground when he needed to and moved when he had too....all while having consistent offensive outbursts. Especially towards the end.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
and all of those are potential FOTY candidates except for maybe Molina Jr.. I think that plays out like the Demarco fight did.

I jus threw Molina Jr in there as an exciting get back on track W for Ruslan :lolbron:

N so I can throw even more Shade on the Matthysse Stans when its easy work for Provo :youngsabo: