Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
:rudy:

who u want crawford to fight by the way?

fukk outta here...we coming for rat tail like shredder:camby:
he fights in one of the deepest divisions in the sport:dahell:

he could fight benavidez, hererra, imam, peterson, broner, prov.....I don't wanna hear shyt about promoter beefs. if crawford would call out these guys like imam and spence did, al haymon wouldn't hesitate to take that fight. broner or peterson beating crawford would be a huge boost to their careers right now. when imam called out these fighters crawford shoulda stepped up like what about me:jawalrus:.....it's time for crawford to take out some top names already.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
he fights in one of the deepest divisions in the sport:dahell:

he could fight benavidez, hererra, imam, peterson, broner, prov.....I don't wanna hear shyt about promoter beefs. if crawford would call out these guys like imam and spence did, al haymon wouldn't hesitate to take that fight. broner or peterson beating crawford would be a huge boost to their careers right now. when imam called out these fighters crawford shoulda stepped up like what about me:jawalrus:.....it's time for crawford to take out some top names already.

only time fights like devon vs chaves happen is when they are mandatory eliminators. or mega fight like may-pac.

yes jose,hererra and jean are top choices according to boxscene.

why are u guys rushng into a decision ? just a few days arum said hererra was the frontrunner .

why are u tryna say crawford doesn't want the top guys then say he should fight a no name weak resume prospect thats not his mandatory?

iman is in line for lucas after postol......so why is crawford in the convo all of a sudden?

u think rulsan team gonna put him in with lucas-crawford back to back ?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
dont nobody wanna see this:dahell:

still doesn't mean he wasn't on roids word to victor conte:myman:

Lamont Peterson’s team responds to Angel Garcia remarks

I reached out to Team Peterson; a spokesman took issue with the fathers’ remarks. “He’s accusing us of what? Lamont took several drug tests before, during and after and passed them all. So what are we talking about? It’s really sad … But his son got whipped by Lamont and they both know it,” said Andre Johnson.

bread doesn't like friendly boxers who won't fight their "bro".:yeshrug: me either , as long as it doesn't hold up a unification or eliminator, i can bear it a little better.
thinks joshua is 2nd best hw currently :ehh:n thinks joseph parker is real deal .:ehh:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
only time fights like devon vs chaves happen is when they are mandatory eliminators. or mega fight like may-pac.

yes jose,hererra and jean are top choices according to boxscene.

why are u guys rushng into a decision ? just a few days arum said hererra was the frontrunner .

why are u tryna say crawford doesn't want the top guys then say he should fight a no name weak resume prospect thats not his mandatory?

iman is in line for lucas after postol......so why is crawford in the convo all of a sudden?

u think rulsan team gonna put him in with lucas-crawford back to back ?
I just wanna see the kid take a step up already instead of more lateral moves:yeshrug:.....for the record, I think he beats all the guys I named, but it doesn't mean anything unless he actually does it. it's gotta be either benavidez or hererra. two guys with mexican fan bases. it's a good opportunity for terrance to get his draw up. hererra would be the best option since he's been in there with some top guys and he'd really put crawford to the test. jean shouldn't even be getting consideration at this point. and arum and oscar are on good terms now so herrera and jose shouldn't be hard to make happen.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
bread :salute:

Sup Bread,
 Longtime fan of your mailbags man..great work as always. You’re not biased in your responses and that’s a rarity in this age of supposedly “experts”. I was talking about boxing with a good friend of mine regarding how belts and being undisputed isn’t that big of a deal in boxing as it used to be and I was thinking about something that you said in a mailbag a while back (during your boxingtalk.com days) . You said that the current generation of fighters always seem to try to “mimic” what they have seen from the previous top generation of fighters (Adrien Broner’s terrible heel impersonation, Amir Khan waiting on the Kell Brook fight, Adonis Stevenson/ Sergey Kovalev situation, etc). Nowadays it’s rare to hear any of the top fighters talk about unifying anymore. It’s all about the “business” of boxing and I think that’s one of the reasons why boxing isn’t as compelling as it SHOULD be. The best should want to fight the best regardless of the “business” aspect of it. I understand that it is the “hurt” business and you want to try to get as much money as you can but if it’s not about the belts then what is boxing really about? Do you think that we will ever get back to a point in boxing that unifying will be a big deal again?

Mike B
Jacksonville Fl

Bread’s Response: I think young people in general are misled in this day and time. And in boxing it’s apparent. Anybody that is good enough to hold all of the major belts in a given division will propel himself differently in this era. If you look close Floyd and Manny just fought in a unification match. Kovalev is a multiple belt holder. So is GGG and Juan Estrada. It gives you a badass stamp.

Most times these new kids don’t want to unify because the “other” champion has a good chance of beating him. Since the other champion is not a mandatory they simply can avoid them. We are in a historically weak era all the way around in my opinion. From the eye ball test, to watered down accomplishments, to guys who become champion in this era who would be top 20 contenders just 15 years ago, and most of all the mentality.

This era’s mentality is so soft. These kids go out of their way to be best friends with guys in their weight class just so they can call themselves “bro” and not fight. I understand if a natural friendship occurs or if you are trained by the same trainer…But every dam body wants to be best buddies. You can’t have 5 best friends who all fight at your weight! You have kids who are mandatories and they duck mandatory title shots. I can go on and on. I have seen managers steer fighters away from certain threats, but in this era the fighters act like managers and they will tell the managers to protect them. Literally!

Where is James Toney? The dude went to Iowa and fought a 6’1 undefeated southpaw in Michael Nunn. Iowa is Nunn’s hometown. Six weeks later he fights another tricky southpaw in Reggie Johnson. Then 5 months after that he fights a legitimate all time great in Mike McCallum. Toney was only 23 years old.

Where is Manny Pacquiao? Pacquiao is the only fighter in boxing history to be the underdog in his first 3 title tries and to win each fight. In today’s era most known fighters won’t even take 1 fight where they would be the underdogs let alone 3. He was 19 years old when he fought 33-1 Chatchai Sasukal. He was 22 when he fought Lehlo Ledwaba 33-1 and he was 24 when he fought the great Marco Antonio Barerra who was 57-3. Did I mention he fought another all time great in Juan Manuel Marquez in his very next fight?

Where is Oscar De La Hoya? Oscar is the only fighter in history to fight the #1 p4p fighter 5 times. He may have loss most of the fights but he jumped up to challenge the top dog. In 1997 he fought the great Pernell Whitaker. In 2000 he fought the great Shane Mosley. Mosley was briefly regarded as the top guy around that time. In 2004 he fought the great Bernard Hopkins the window in which Hopkins was considered the best. In 2007 he fought Floyd Mayweather and 2008 he fought Manny Pacquiao at both of their peaks. Did I mention he attempted to unify vs the undefeated Ike Quartey and undefeated Felix Trinidad. And if that’s not good enough he unified at 135 vs Rafal Ruelas.

There are still some guys who will fight just about anybody. But overall the mentality of this era is lackluster. What’s really bizarre is the younger guys will get offended if you compare them to fighters of the early 2000s and back. But they don’t look at the resumes of those killers because if they did they would be embarrassed.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
powerful stuff:wow:

exactly..most ppl want to downplay belts and the significance of unification but if you're truly the best in your division as a champ..you should make an honest effort to clear out the other champs..collect those belts

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I just wanna see the kid take a step up already instead of more lateral moves:yeshrug:.....for the record, I think he beats all the guys I named, but it doesn't mean anything unless he actually does it. it's gotta be either benavidez or hererra. two guys with mexican fan bases. it's a good opportunity for terrance to get his draw up. hererra would be the best option since he's been in there with some top guys and he'd really put crawford to the test. jean shouldn't even be getting consideration at this point. and arum and oscar are on good terms now so herrera and jose shouldn't be hard to make happen.

yeah i prefer jose for belt, plus he beat hererra already.

then unification with postol/lucas/amir...........whoever makes it out.

i think arum tries to sign crawford back but he might leave for haymon.

also u still didn't anwser the question about ruslan. they want bradley rematch...i haven't heard him mention crawford name yet.:smugbiden:

matter of fact i have not heard iman(ab,garcia),lucas,jose,hererra(wants lucas) say shyt about crawford. all easy fights to be made :francis:

but crawford called out lucas many times, the "top guy", at 140 in yall opinion .:ufdup:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
only peraon said something about crawford was maurice hooker:dwillhuh:.....if i recall correctly.