Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
"Son if I help you now ill be helping you for the rest of your life. Be a man." :wow: :mjcry:

Thats fukked up bruh, he had a baby with him :dahell:

This is how greats lose, when people like buster douglas and ken norton got shyt to get off their chest.

Daps
Because I didn't bring up the Garcia fight (which is still on my DVR homie) means I didn't know about it breh c'mon. You say he has trouble in the center of the ring, but he did just that and now we're talking about shytty game plans? Make up your mind brah. You just trying to shyt on Lucas because you think Imam beat's him? Cool. You trying to say he didn't get off like a bat out of hell against Molina? Cool. You saying he's taking PEDs? Gonna need receipts on that breh. And of course Matthyssee is a boxer, that's just not the label he'd be given amongst heads, of course he has sick moves etc etc. Where was your point who has he faced? Or was your point you think Matthyssee's overrated? If so compared to whom? He's rated about a B- boxer with A power, seems about right to me. You're right he has us all fooled :heh: breh only has loses to former champs and none of them were struggle champs.

But the real point is, if Imam fights Lucas, yea he may win. But if he wins he's going through hell and won't be the same fighter again :yeshrug:

I am confused with the opening part of your argument, but I think we can both agree Matthysse started strong Danny adjusted kept the fight in the middle and outboxed and even dropped Matthysse who at the end of the bout looked frustrated and started to rush in.

Matthysse does have trouble in the center of the ring, all of his wins or "good performances" come when he is stalking people to the ropes and trapping them to set up big combos. If you're trying to say he stood in the middle with Danny that was not by choice, he was forced into that type of fight and that is also the reason he lost a decision since he couldn't dictate the pace after eating a left hook that almost shut his eye.

No, I am low on Matthysse, because I have always questioned how good he was. Remember he was being built to be the star not Danny and I have always wondered how a guy who was similar to Diego Chaves could revamp his game so much in two or so years.

What I am talking about is inevitable, decline. It seems like Molina's peak was Dallas Jr. and Peterson like I said before Danny and Lucas cut each others career short and also may have ruined each other with that one fight.

Well, my question for you about PEDs as a fan is how do you gain 20 lbs over night, as a general rule you can rehydrate one pound per hour, with IV maybe two. So say you weigh in at 4PM and go to be at ten that gives you what six hours to to put on at most 8 lbs. then fight day you can still try to rehydrate till about noon or so, but most elite fighters start to stop eating and drinking around 2pm on fight night. As someone who has worked around fighters 20 lbs. is not common and very much a red flag for those who have been around weight cuts and especially if you have ever used "the bath" the common way to cut weight.

I swear you don't read my posts, I didn't see he isn't a boxer, he is like a hybrid. Matthysse in his prime was an awkward styled brawler who could walk you into power shots in odd manners a lot like Danny, but unlike Danny he could do it coming forward whereas Danny likes to throw counters with his feet planted stationary.

My point is decline, to say Matthysse will dominate people like he did years ago in my opinion is fool hearted, it is the same to think that Mauricio Herrera is the same fighter he was a year ago as well. It's not even about Matthysse being overrated, it is about understanding the landscape of elite boxers constantly shift and Matthysse is the type of guy another guy might become a star off because of the wars Matthysse has been in.

If they fight, I beat Imam stops Matthysse and it probably happens between the sixth to eighth round. I remember Imam from nationals, Matthysse's style is too basic for someone who has a high amateur pedigree. Matthysse had an amateur career, but it is the style I respect the least run forward pure aggression and smoother or that's thats how I remember him from back in the day, or whatever.

I doubt Matthysse even gets to fight Imam anyway, but if he does we will make a bet.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I did read your post. You seem to be shytting on LM for the sake of doing so and say he's on the decline, which nobody would disagree with. Many boxers would still have big issues with LM like Imam or Crawford. :yeshrug:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Hyde: Rigo v Lomachenko deal stalled but Arum wants the fight

Guillermo Rigondeaux’s manager Gary Hyde has informed WBN that a previous rehydration agreement has been retracted by Vasyl Lomachenko’s manager Egil Klimas.

Tentative talks had been ongoing last week in a bid to make a massive featherweight clash between the two world champions and ex-amateur stars, although disagreements over the weight seem to be put the fight on hold - for now at least.

“Vasyl Lomachenko’s manager Egis Klimas initially agreed to the fight at 126 pounds with a rehydration clause of no more than 134 pounds on the day of the fight,” Hyde exclusively told World Boxing News on Thursday.

“Now, he has retracted having spoken with Lomachenko and he won't agree to the rehydration clause.

“I know Bob Arum wants the fight, so the fight could happen, but we can't give away so many advantages,” he added.

Rigo v Lomachenko had created quite a stir since Hyde revealed contact about a meeting, but with either side differing on their stipulations over the poundage, the super-fight faces being put on the backburner.

Without a fight in 2015, Rigondeaux has found it tough to nail down big-name opponents in the past due to his fearsome reputation of ripping through all comers at 122lbs. Last November, the 34 year-old Cuban took out Hisashi Amagasa in eleven rounds to improve to 15-0 with a tenth stoppage and holds impressive wins over Nonito Donaire and Joseph Agbeko.

Lomachenko, 27, halted Gamalier Rodriguez last May to successfully defend his WBO featherweight title for the second time having defeated current WBC belt holder Gary Russell Jr to claim the first major pro title of his career.

• Dap
Reactions: L68