Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
“GGG is now clearly the ‘A’ side yet Ward still would want to dictate terms, which makes no sense,” Loeffler said. “GGG would fight Ward on a 50-50 basis, the best 160-pounder versus the best 168-pounder (at) 164 (and) a 50-50 split on all proceeds. But it seems like Ward needs more tune-up fights.”

Joshua: Haye, Klitschko, Fury, Wilder, Chisora are the only ones that can test me
http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/07...r-chisora-are-the-only-ones-that-can-test-me/

Daps
From what I've seen in recent fights, Cotto has he fought boxers who are not of the same quality as the that Canelo has had. [Delvin Rodriguez] is not a boxer elite. Martinez had injuries to both knees. Now comes the fight with Geale, who is actually a boxer who is little more dangerous at 160 and fought at 157. Those three pounds he knew [would drain him] ... and then [Geale] went up a lot of pounds [on the day of the fight], but two days before [the fight he was] weak. He was not 100%."

"Canelo beat (Austin) Trout, (Erislandy) Lara and knocked out (James) Kirkland. He has fought three class boxers. Cotto has not fought the same quality of boxers. The experience is with Cotto, but it is necessary to have experience, proper condition and desire to win ... But that day in Las Vegas, the Mexican public will be present ... And the public often gives you that little extra. Who knows what might happen."
:sas1:.........................................:sas2:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Think of how the landscape of boxing would've changed had that happened

bazooka ike got jobbed so much man..pretty much winky is the only cat i can say that beat him in my eyes

still the best gotdamn jab ive ever seen in my boxing lifetime..authoritative and destructive

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
bazooka ike got jobbed so much man..pretty much winky is the only cat i can say that beat him in my eyes

still the best gotdamn jab ive ever seen in my boxing lifetime..authoritative and destructive

I remember Quartey saying basically Winky Wright stole his style:mjpls:

That was the last fight I can remember with 2 fighters with A+ jabs battling it out:banderas:

Speaking of Winky, he basically beat Trinidad just by using the jab..........and it was beautiful execution of the jab. Trinidad looked lost in there against Winky, like he had no idea how to get out of the range of Winky's jab:whew:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
“GGG would fight Ward on a 50-50 basis, the best 160-pounder versus the best 168-pounder (at) 164 (and) a 50-50 split on all proceeds.”

If this is the case, I would have no problems with the fight.....only thing is though, why the catchweight?:dahell:

If you would fight JCC Jr. or Froch at the full 168 limit, why you trying to drain SOG:ufdup:

No fight:pacspit:

#SOGGang

:soggang:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY

Definitely agree. The Forrest fight was the last straw for me. There's no modern boxer currently that uses his jab like that. That power jab busted a lot of fighters up & wore them out. I've never seen a more destructive & consistent jab like that

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Breh those fights weren’t all that impressive…in fact they played out the same…both Johnson and campillo were giving him some work..esp campillo who was boxing the shyt outta him…until they gassed….he was more impressive to me in defeat against superman..in fact I predicted before that fight on here that I wouldn’t be surprised if fonfara gave him a little trouble :jawalrus:..and of course he ended jr’s faux boxing credibility with one equilibrium bushing left hook :ohlawd:

:dahell:
but you be impressed by Mayfield's struggle boxing/wrestling whatever the fukk he does to lose against C level fighters though

nikkas ain't gas against Fonfara. He just pressured them until they couldn't win rounds anymore. Campillo was doing his thing, but nikkas act like he was pitching some type of shut out. He was winning, but every round was competitive.

His chin and heart impressed me against Superman, because I doubt anybody else in the division can take those Krypton bombs for 12 rounds like he did and still be semi competitive, let alone score a knockdown.

Chavez jr was just out of his league. Nothing to explain there.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:dahell:
but you be impressed by Mayfield's struggle boxing/wrestling whatever the fukk he does to lose against C level fighters though

nikkas ain't gas against Fonfara. He just pressured them until they couldn't win rounds anymore. Campillo was doing his thing, but nikkas act like he was pitching some type of shut out. He was winning, but every round was competitive.

His chin and heart impressed me against Superman, because I doubt anybody else in the division can take those Krypton bombs for 12 rounds like he did and still be semi competitive, let alone score a knockdown.

Chavez jr was just out of his league. Nothing to explain there.
The pressure yes you're right about that but glen hit that wall breh..dude was on fumes