Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
all talk. wont even fight brook and thats a huge pay day....even more than may cause he gets a bigger share of purse.

what type of boxer dont want a sure payday:what:......even fury stopped duckin for good money.:pachaha:

He's just doing the same thing bum ass tim bradley did to him a few years ago at 140 :yeshrug:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
khan/brook, khan/thurman, khan/porter, thurman/brook, and thurman/porter are all good fights:ehh:

these dudes have to fight each other, none of them stands out right now 147

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I think he fights Thurman if Floyd doesn't choose him. I could see a Khan/Swift rematch, but I personally have no interest in it.

I'm of the opinion that Khan is going to hold off on fighting Brook. Not because he's or anything like that, because I don't think he's chicken. An egotistical idiot? Yes. Chicken? No. I just think he's going to hold off on fighting Brook, because there's really no need to rush it. That fight will always be on the table for Khan. And I think he knows that. Really Kell is the one rushing it, because he's trying to strike while the iron's hot for fear of losing and missing out on his biggest payday (much like Khan has been doing with Mayweather). I think Khan will finally decide to fight Brook after he's exhausted every other option available. Just my opinion of course :yeshrug:

naw he checks in the mental institution.:deadmanny:

if his mind is still intact he fights brook, a thurman loss might hurt him. he still tryna rebuild his image of not having a glass chin.

brook gives him more fame/money and publicly right now. which is all he wants.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
WBC President explains Anthony Joshua’s number two ranking

WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman has explained the reasoning to WBN behind British heavyweight Anthony Joshua currently sitting at number two in the world rankings despite having fought just thirteen times as a pro.

Olympic gold medallist Joshua, 25, has knocked out all of his opponents within three rounds, although is still learning his trade and could be over a year away from fighting for an inevitable world title, according to his promoter Eddie Hearn.

That basis has led some to question why the Londoner should be so high in the WBC ratings and above many seasoned fighters and ex-champions, something Sulaiman was asked to outline when speaking to WBN over the weekend.
“The problem lately in boxing is that they put the fighters out, rush them out too quick and that is not good for a fighter as he needs to go through a process,” Sulaiman told World Boxing News.

“Joshua’s ranking has to do with his activity, but also the fact that several fighters were ahead of him and the either lost or went to fight for another organisation title. Joshua has been coming up very quickly recently because of that.

“You had Jennings (lost to Klitschko), Tyson Fury (fighting for other titles) and others, so we have to look for other names because they were on top. They either lost or went somewhere else which means other fighters will move.

“The WBC rankings are exclusively to fight for the WBC title, so if you go off and fight for another organisation title then you are not included in the rankings because you are not available to fight for the WBC title.

“This is why Joshua is so high, but he is a tremendous prospect,” he added.

Joshua is due to fight on September 12, possibly against Gary Cornish for either the British or Commonwealth heavyweight title, or even both, before setting off on his quest to face a world champion towards the back end of 2016.