Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I don't know much about the rules around belts and such, but why is Floyd holding onto Junior Middleweight belts if he doesn't intend to fight above 147 for the remainder of his career?

Or is he mainly forfeiting/being stripped of the WBO Welterweight belt because he didn't wanna pay that sanctioning fee?

I imagine he doesn't care a ton about belts anyway because he's done it all, but just wondering.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Little dude looked like he had hands but he made the tragic mistake of fighting a bigger guy in a very small space. Live and learn, young fella.:ufdup:

Yeah lil man connected with a mean body shot and I think an overhand punch, but I think his biggest mistake was getting too close to dude where he was at a size/strength disadvantage.

He then let dude get behind him too. :snoop:You can't be making 2 back to back mistakes in a Street fight because if you do, the odds of you winning get reduced to shyt.

Kid shouldn't have committed so hard to that rush. After he landed those 1st 2 punches he should have backed up and reset. Big dude pretty much ate those shots, used lil mike's own momentum against him which allowed him to get behind dude, and finish off with the Street Fighter 2 Guile slam.

Can't win'em all I guess. :manny:

At least he landed a couple shots. He didn't get sonned as bad as that one kid in the bathroom that kept getting dropped by jabs:mjcry:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Maidanabean got word in Argentina that Swift was at 147 now

nikka said fukk it I'll come back next yr
tumblr_nf038nInkU1rr883co1_500.gif
:russ:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
God damn Wards hand :huhldup: have y'all every fought with a broke hand>?

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Matthysse Continues To Prepare For Postol Title Clash
Posted by: Elisinio Castillo on 7/5/2015 .

By Elisinio Castillo

Argentinian Lucas Matthysse (37-3, 34KOs) is training for a planned fall return Viktor Postol (27-0, 11KOs) of Ukraine. At stake for both men will be the vacant junior welterweight title of the World Boxing Council (WBC).

The belt was vacated last month by longtime champion Danny Garcia, who had not defended the title since early 2014 and his last two fights took place at a catch-weight above the 140-pound limit. His upcoming return on August 1, will be his welterweight debut against Paulie Malignaggi.

Matthysse returns from what is the leading candidate for 'Fight of The Year' where he won a hard twelve round decision over dangerous Ruslan Provodnikov.

Last week Matthysse stated: "I'm very happy with my position and the opportunity to fight for the world title. I have full confidence in beating Postol. He is an unbeaten, but his fights were mostly in Europe. I've seen some of his fights. He bears a resemblance to John Molina. It's sure to be an interesting fight."

"Personally I can say that I've improved jab. I used it a lot with Provodnikov. I did several different things,. I change my style quite a bit so the Russian couldn't figure what I was going to do."

http://www.boxingscene.com/matthysse-continues-prepare-postol-title-clash--93155

Postol doesnt fight anything like John Molina imo:dahell:

If Matthysse is thinking that, he's gonna be in for a long night, because he's preparing for the wrong type of fighter/style :yeshrug: