Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
He did but, i doubt he would fight ggg the same way he did ruslan.

i think the fact a 2 division title holder who also beat pacquaio, would be willing to go up to 160 and fight the boogeyman of boxing. Interesting story and helluva fight that would sell tickts at stubhub. Can't remember the last guy who jumped from 147 to 160 and won a title. might have to google that one :lupe:
I wish him well.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
i like my men..like my coffee.

OyBJ1er.gif

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I already have 2 154lbers in Canelo and The Hammer aka The Phenom....Erickson Lubin.

I had to let him go:mjcry:

i guess i have to rep #juliusceasareigns by myself.:mjcry:

i like lubin n canelo too.

i would like andrade but that nikka be fukkin around too much.:snoop:

if u notice i only like up n coming prospects....i aint tryna bandwagon:sas2:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I support Andrade cuz he's a local cat but dude needs to make better career decisions

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

I got all my fighters as prospects too:sas2:

SOG straight out the olympics before the Super 6, AB out the newspaper, Julian Williams from Bread about 2 years ago, Lubin from the Olympics controversy:ahh:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I got all my fighters as prospects too:sas2:

SOG straight out the olympics before the Super 6, AB out the newspaper, Julian Williams from Bread about 2 years ago, Lubin from the Olympics controversy:ahh:

what happened ? robbed like roy?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

what happened ? robbed like roy?

Nah, he was supposed to be the star member of the 2016 Olympics team...but Mike Tyson and Iron Mike Promotions gave him an offer he couldnt refused, and he turned pro:heh:

USA Team was HEATED:wow:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
USA Boxing Pleads with Tyson Not To Sign Lubin
Posted by: Ryan Maquinana on 10/1/2013 .

By Ryan Maquiñana

USA Boxing president Dr. Charles Butler sent an open letter to former undisputed heavyweight world champion and current pro promoter Mike Tyson earlier this morning in a plea not to sign a top amateur.

In an excerpt from the letter, Butler wrote:

“We have heard that you were waiting for early October so that our best hope, a 17-year-old athlete, can turn 18 and be of age to sign a contract with you. We have offered him a spot in our resident program at the U.S. Olympic Training Center where he can train in a safe environment and we can provide for his education. The facilities and support services at the Olympic Training Center are unmatched and would benefit him and his future in boxing greatly.”

A source has advised BoxingScene.com that the boxer in question is Erickson Lubin of Kissimmee, Fla., who was named Outstanding Boxer at the National PAL last year and won the National Junior Olympics twice.

Lubin, a rangy boxer-puncher who has been campaigning at junior welterweight mainly under the tutelage of Jason Galarza in the Orlando area, is turning 18 years old this week and had been in negotiations with Iron Mike Productions as late as Monday. Lubin has been rumored to be in the midst of signing a package deal with Galarza’s son, Dennis, who recently announced on social media that the two friends would ink contracts with Iron Mike.

“I’m still waiting to see the contract,” said Todd Harlib, who has helped coach Lubin for several years. “I think [Erickson] wants to do it, but he really would stay amateur and stick with USA Boxing, but USA Boxing takes forever to do things.”

Harlib elaborated on his comments, targeting his words at the current American amateur system.

“I recommended to [USA Boxing executive director] Anthony [Bartkowski] that they just signed a deal with Brand Jordan,” Harlib said. “I said, ‘Go to Brand Jordan and tell them that if you want a future Olympic gold medalist, this is what it’s going to cost to keep him amateur.’ But the second anyone would get wind of it, someone else is going to complain about why they aren’t getting any of it. But it’s politics. We can’t put our best athletes in the ring because everyone wants to get a piece of the pie.”

Losing Lubin would definitely hamper USA Boxing’s chances of making the podium in Rio de Janeiro 2016. The American men came home from London last summer without a medal of any kind for the first time in history, and have not won gold since 2004, when Andre Ward captured top honors at light heavyweight.

“Erickson’s a special kid,” Harlib said. “He doesn’t know how to lose. I’m going with the team to Kazakhstan this week. I’d feel a lot better if he was going with us.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/usa-boxing-pleads-with-tyson-not-sign-lubin--70166

Best Olympic prospect since Andre Ward:banderas:

Gave Imam that work in sparring:whew:

The REAL reason Errol Spence dropped down to 147 instead of staying at 154:demonic:

The Phenom aka Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin

#HammerHeads

:blessed:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Nah, he was supposed to be the star member of the 2016 Olympics team...but Mike Tyson and Iron Mike Promotions gave him an offer he couldnt refused, and he turned pro:heh:

USA Team was HEATED:wow:

he still has had amateur fights though ...he should be good. them boys be needing money ...shyt alot of them got children already....

when do you think lubin steps up to a big opponent? year...2 years?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
USA Boxing Pleads with Tyson Not To Sign Lubin
Posted by: Ryan Maquinana on 10/1/2013 .

By Ryan Maquiñana

USA Boxing president Dr. Charles Butler sent an open letter to former undisputed heavyweight world champion and current pro promoter Mike Tyson earlier this morning in a plea not to sign a top amateur.

In an excerpt from the letter, Butler wrote:

“We have heard that you were waiting for early October so that our best hope, a 17-year-old athlete, can turn 18 and be of age to sign a contract with you. We have offered him a spot in our resident program at the U.S. Olympic Training Center where he can train in a safe environment and we can provide for his education. The facilities and support services at the Olympic Training Center are unmatched and would benefit him and his future in boxing greatly.”

A source has advised BoxingScene.com that the boxer in question is Erickson Lubin of Kissimmee, Fla., who was named Outstanding Boxer at the National PAL last year and won the National Junior Olympics twice.

Lubin, a rangy boxer-puncher who has been campaigning at junior welterweight mainly under the tutelage of Jason Galarza in the Orlando area, is turning 18 years old this week and had been in negotiations with Iron Mike Productions as late as Monday. Lubin has been rumored to be in the midst of signing a package deal with Galarza’s son, Dennis, who recently announced on social media that the two friends would ink contracts with Iron Mike.

“I’m still waiting to see the contract,” said Todd Harlib, who has helped coach Lubin for several years. “I think [Erickson] wants to do it, but he really would stay amateur and stick with USA Boxing, but USA Boxing takes forever to do things.”

Harlib elaborated on his comments, targeting his words at the current American amateur system.

“I recommended to [USA Boxing executive director] Anthony [Bartkowski] that they just signed a deal with Brand Jordan,” Harlib said. “I said, ‘Go to Brand Jordan and tell them that if you want a future Olympic gold medalist, this is what it’s going to cost to keep him amateur.’ But the second anyone would get wind of it, someone else is going to complain about why they aren’t getting any of it. But it’s politics. We can’t put our best athletes in the ring because everyone wants to get a piece of the pie.”

Losing Lubin would definitely hamper USA Boxing’s chances of making the podium in Rio de Janeiro 2016. The American men came home from London last summer without a medal of any kind for the first time in history, and have not won gold since 2004, when Andre Ward captured top honors at light heavyweight.

“Erickson’s a special kid,” Harlib said. “He doesn’t know how to lose. I’m going with the team to Kazakhstan this week. I’d feel a lot better if he was going with us.”

http://www.boxingscene.com/usa-boxing-pleads-with-tyson-not-sign-lubin--70166

Best Olympic prospect since Andre Ward:banderas:

Gave Imam that work in sparring:whew:

The REAL reason Errol Spence dropped down to 147 instead of staying at 154:demonic:

The Phenom aka Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin

#HammerHeads

:blessed:

would believe it but spence already tryna fight keith....but i know u hyping him:troll:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
he still has had amateur fights though ...he should be good. them boys be needing money ...shyt alot of them got children already....

when do you think lubin steps up to a big opponent? year...2 years?

We want a big opponent and title by next year:ahh:

Lubin: 'I want to become a contender'
2/6/2015 - Boxing
  • 90 Shares
  • Email
  • Comment
  • Brian Campbell
At just 19, exciting prospect Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin continues to climb the ladder toward becoming a contender.

Lubin (8-0, 6 KOs), a native of Orlando, Florida, was considered a top prospect to make the 2016 U.S. Olympic team when he decided to turn pro and sign with Mike Tyson's Iron Mike Productions on his 18th birthday in 2013.

Despite the implosion of Tyson's promotional company in recent months, Lubin will press on. He faces Michael Finney (12-1-1, 10 KOs) at a catch weight of 157-pounds as the co-headliner to ESPN's "Friday Night Fights" (ESPN2, 9 p.m. ET), after Rodolfo Quintanilla (14-4-3, 11 KOs) -- the original opponent -- failed a medical test on Thursday.

Lubin, a southpaw, got up off the canvas in Round 1 to defeat Norberto Gonzalez last November in his most recent step-up fight. He spoke with ESPN.com this week about his goals entering 2015.

Finney was a late opponent switch for you. How does that affect how you prepare?
My manager and my team picks the opponents, and I respect their decisions. I make sure I stay ready to fight anybody.

You are a well-regarded prospect with a tendency to fight in an exciting manner. Where does that come from?
It's just my work ethic. I have a great team behind me, and I have a couple of fighters on the team that push me: Dennis Galarza, Leo Hall. They keep me motivated, I keep them motivated, and we all just work real hard. I like to please the fans, but also I like to be smart. I like for my opponents to run into big shots. I'm just not going to automatically sit there and trade. You have to hit him and not let him hit you. That's what I try to do most of the time.

How did the implosion of Iron Mike Productions impact you from a promotional sense?
I'm with Al Haymon, but I'm still with the same managers, Garry Jonas and Henry Rivalta. I just added Al Haymon. It's a business, man. It doesn't really affect me. I'm just here to fight and make a name for myself.

What did you take in particular from getting to know Tyson on a personal level?
Mike was a young champion, and he taught me a lot of things. Just being around him was a great thrill. He is still around and is going to still support me. He's not going to be out of the picture completely. He's still going to be supporting and watching me.

Haymon made some big news in recent weeks with the announcement of his new series. What's your reaction regarding how he might impact the sport moving forward?
I'm excited, and hopefully I can headline on one of those shows. It's just motivating to see, and now that I'm part of his stable, it's exciting to hopefully one day be headlining and be on that stage.

You turned pro at age 18 and decided against entering the Olympic program. What went into your decision?
My team and I went over everything. My manager, Henry Rivalta, he had a great deal of experience, and USA boxing wasn't doing what they promised, so we just turned pro.

How hard has it been to make the adjustments through eight pro fights as you slowly step up in class?
I won't say it's easy, but I have prepared myself real well for each situation. I just fought Norberto Gonzalez and Noe Bolanos, and those are two step-up fights that I had. I came out victorious, and I'm going to keep learning from it. I'm still young. I plan on having more fights like that.

You were knocked down in Round 1 by Gonzalez in your last bout before going on to claim a decision victory in a fun fight. How do you feel you reacted to your first taste of legitimate adversity?
It really did motivate me. It didn't affect me, but [the knockdown] motivated me to go out there, fight smart and work hard. It motivated me to stay motivated, stay in shape and eat the right foods. I plan on having more fights like that to go from prospect to contender.

Friday will be your third consecutive bout at junior middleweight. Are you still able to make 147 pounds for the right fight?
I've been on weight for about two weeks now. I'll be going back down to welterweight, probably in a few more fights. But I'm truly comfortable right now at 154. In the long run, I can see myself at 160. I might even go up to 175 or heavyweight, too, and capture those titles.

What kind of statement are you looking to make in this fight?
I plan on making a big statement. I don't think he's going to survive, but if he does, I'm just going to punish him for eight rounds.

How do you classify your fighting style?
I say I'm a boxer-puncher. I know how to reel people in and pull them into big shots.

What do you hope to accomplish in 2015?
I want to go from prospect to contender in 2015. I was a prospect in 2014, and I turned pro in 2013. I want to keep moving up from here and next year in 2016, I hope to become a champion.

What is it going to take for you to make that leap?
I just need to fight quality opponents and make a statement this year.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12283045/want-become-contender-2015

:banderas:

The Future of #TeamNewzz is in great hands with The Phenom aka Erickson "The Hammer" Lubin:wow:

#HammerHeads