Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
meh he did better than lara......not expecting big numbers for walters ...idk

ratings avg 611,000 - 588,000 for verdajo and walters.:francis:

too much boxing on at the same time imo. if either one is by itself..it gets a mill.

cant imagine what ward numbers will look like vs broner -porter :snoop:

Those numbers suck for Wilder, an undefeated Heavyweight Champion of The World with a 97% KO ratio, going against fighters who are small enough to look like his children next to him:snoop:

Heavyweights are SUPPOSED to pull in the views. Those numbers are :scusthov:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Those numbers suck for Wilder, an undefeated Heavyweight Champion of The World with a 97% KO ratio, going against fighters who are small enough to look like his children next to him:snoop:

Heavyweights are SUPPOSED to pull in the views. Those numbers are :scusthov:

i think cause everyone knew molina was a bum and expected a 1rd ko. walters did 1.1 mill with donaire so his unknown opponent affected his views too.

him and povetkin will better cause everyone think he loses that .

look at floyd ....all his big ppv come from latino/hispanic/white guys the media/fans thought would ko him or beat him.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
i think cause everyone knew molina was a bum and expected a 1rd ko. walters did 1.1 mill with donaire so his unknown opponent affected his views too.

him and povetkin will better cause everyone think he loses that .

look at floyd ....all his big ppv come from latino/hispanic/white guys the media/fans thought would ko him or beat him.

Floyd is a Welterweight breh...he's a small man. Heavyweight Champions, especially US born and raised Heavyweight Champions, are SUPPOSED to be the "big dogs". This was a man with a 97% KO ratio who's never lost a fight in 34 fights...Im very disappointed in those numbers.

Mike Tyson fought Kevin McBride on PPV and sold 250k 10 years ago...Wilder just did 678k on cable:snoop:

They are gonna have to start promoting this guy, because he has the look/story/background/fighting style to be a much larger star than he is now. No way should he be competing for views with guys who are the size of mannequins when he's a KO artist in his prime and is the undefeated Heavyweight Champion of the world:scusthov:

I blame the lack of marketing/promoting on Al Haymon:wow:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Floyd is a Welterweight breh...he's a small man. Heavyweight Champions, especially US born and raised Heavyweight Champions, are SUPPOSED to be the "big dogs". This was a man with a 97% KO ratio who's never lost a fight in 34 fights...Im very disappointed in those numbers.

Mike Tyson fought Kevin McBride on PPV and sold 250k 10 years ago...Wilder just did 678k on cable:snoop:

They are gonna have to start promoting this guy, because he has the look/story/background/fighting style to be a much larger star than he is now. No way should he be competing for views with guys who are the size of mannequins when he's a KO artist in his prime and is the undefeated Heavyweight Champion of the world:scusthov:

I blame that on Al Haymon:wow:

u right cause mike wasnt even in his prime........heavyweight supposed to rule cause they guarantee kos most of the time.

i wonder why haymon not promoting him right ...:ohhh:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
u right cause mike wasnt even in his prime........heavyweight supposed to rule cause they guarantee kos most of the time.

i wonder why haymon not promoting him right ...:ohhh:

I dont know and I dont understand it.

Since when does a, regardless how we feel as hardcore stans of the sport, undefeated Black Heavyweight Champion with a record of 34-0 with 33 of his 34 wins coming via KO, take a backseat for these small guys like Wilder is doing with Haymon:snoop:

SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Duran.....none of them could put up Mike Tyson numbers or touch his promotion/marketing he received by Don King. Haymon, or someone involved with him, is gonna have to start marketing Wilder. Hell, SHOWTIME can do it being that they have no one left but him and Chavez Jr it seems that fights on their network

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I dont know and I dont understand it.

Since when does a, regardless how we feel as hardcore stans of the sport, undefeated Black Heavyweight Champion with a record of 34-0 with 33 of his 34 wins coming via KO, take a backseat for these small guys like Wilder is doing with Haymon:snoop:

SRL, Hagler, Hearns, Duran.....none of them could put up Mike Tyson numbers or touch his promotion/marketing he received by Don King. Haymon, or someone involved with him, is gonna have to start marketing Wilder. Hell, SHOWTIME can do it being that they have no one left but him and Chavez Jr it seems that fights on their network
I have made my opinion on Wilder very well know but even I have to admit that he is being promoted horribly.
Honestly though, Haymon has not shown much of an ability to promote his fighters all that well.
Floyd became his own promotional machine; Broner is following in his "Big Bro's" footsteps to mixed results. The rest of the crew on PBC that have gotten shine really only got it when Haymon was working with Golden Boy.
On his own, I have yet to see Al Haymon really push any of his fighters to the moon as far as publicity and promotion goes.
Its crazy because I bet that even at his advanced age, Don King would be able to turn Wilder into a total mainstream star. I bet Oscar and that old b*stard Arum probably could do better jobs marketing Wilder too.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I have made my opinion on Wilder very well know but even I have to admit that he is being promoted horribly.
Honestly though, Haymon has not shown much of an ability to promote his fighters all that well.
Floyd became his own promotional machine; Broner is following in his "Big Bro's" footsteps to mixed results. The rest of the crew on PBC that have gotten shine really only got it when Haymon was working with Golden Boy.
On his own, I have yet to see Al Haymon really push any of his fighters to the moon as far as publicity and promotion goes.
Its crazy because I bet that even at his advanced age, Don King would be able to turn Wilder into a total mainstream star. I bet Oscar and that old b*stard Arum probably could do better jobs marketing Wilder too.

thurman the only one doing great under him(waits for collazo #'s) ...khan already had fans i think

Newzz

Supporter
Daps

Yep.

If Wilder cant see it himself, he's crazy. Yes, the money is good...but TR/GB/Don King would have him a household name and PPV attraction right now

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yep.

If Wilder cant see it himself, he's crazy. Yes, the money is good...but TR/GB/Don King would have him a household name and PPV attraction right now
It also doesn't help that he is stuck on Showtime which has fallen so far as a channel for boxing that it is embarrassing.
HBO probably would be a better home for him as far as getting his name and story out there too.