Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

SuikodenII

Where's Suikoden VI??????
Daps
broner-mayweather.jpg

@Newzz :banderas:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
LOL @ this shyt here.

Berto is trash & isn't a threat at all.

You must remember Berto is a man with his own team that worked hard just to get this little 2 fight win streak going. Getting those wins was just a struggle. No way they are gonna stop any little momentum they have going. He beat Upshaw who looked like he was throwing the fight & was getting beat by Lopez. I think they should get him a big fight though. Cash him out before he loses to a lower tier fighter. Berto has nothing man.

I'm reading the shyt your typing & it's like you missed his last 2 struggle wins.

Khan was getting worked by Algeri. Berto is not Algeri man.

Guerrero beat Berto badly. Give him 6-9 months rest & he does it again.

Ortiz-Berto is a 50/50 fight.

:camby: with all that shyt breh.

Of course I remember Berto's struggle wins, the thing is though he still won. Ghost and Khan just had struggle wins that were worse than Berto's. There's people out there that think they loss (I'm one of them.)

Like I said if Haymon and everybody is so sure Berto ain't a threat, Thurman would be fighting Berto in Tampa (Battle for Florida, similar to Porter/Broner) instead of fighting Collazo, which is a nikka that lost to Berto and is coming off a loss to Khan.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Devon Alexander beats Berto breh....at least imo:yeshrug:

That's a good fight for both of them really. I'm not even a Berto stan, but nikkas shytting on dude like he doesn't give tough fights or make you work for it.

Even then that bout is a toss up to me. Alexander has the better boxing skills, but his punches aren't as accurate as Bertos and have less power. His defense is almost as bad as Berto's at times and just like Berto he can't make adjustments. He just fights harder.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:camby: with all that shyt breh.

Of course I remember Berto's struggle wins, the thing is though he still won. Ghost and Khan just had struggle wins that were worse than Berto's. There's people out there that think they loss (I'm one of them.)

Like I said if Haymon and everybody is so sure Berto ain't a threat, Thurman would be fighting Berto in Tampa (Battle for Florida, similar to Porter/Broner) instead of fighting Collazo, which is a nikka that lost to Berto and is coming off a loss to Khan.

I see where you messing up here & I'll explain why. It's the failure to think like a manager/matchmaker.

Why would Berto's team agree to face Thurman when they are in the process of rebuilding his career? As I said, Berto has his own team looking out for his best interest. Your looking at this from the point of view of why isn't Thurman fighting Berto when the reality of it is why would Team Berto want to fight Thurman? Berto didn't just hire Virgil Hunter, move out of California, just to be rushed into another loss.:heh:Berto has had multiple bad losses. He can't afford another one. That's not how you manage a boxing career. For his next opponent, you look to step up from Lopez, but you don't go that extreme. They are taking Berto's career VERY seriously & the whole rebuilding process.

Your really out here talking about a battle of Florida, comparing Thurman/Berto to Broner/Porter. Doesn't make any sense when Berto is in a rebuilding stage.

Let me ask you a question. If YOUR guiding Berto's career, are you gonna throw him in with Thurman right now?

You know Berto isn't shyt, which is why your treating him like an opponent, like why isn't Haymon feeding him to Thurman. Team Berto doesn't look at their fighter as just an opponent to bring in at this point.

Your from Florida, so that explains your Berto bias.

Chris Algeri is better than Upshaw & Lopez.
I'll give you Ghost, but he really shouldn't have been in the ring so soon after the beating he got from Thurman.

Last edited:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
We were discussing Thurman vs Collazo, and the topic of Berto was brought up by me as I person who was available and willing to fight. I wanted to bring it in here since we're discussing Berto anyways and how dangerous he is/isnt.

He's probably the best available opponent at the moment. Who else can be fight that's available & willing to fight him?
The brehs are discussing this in the OG thread.......Berto is.
You really think Berto wants that fight? Honestly? You think Haymon wants to feed Berto to Thurman too when he was lucky to beat Lopez (a career jr welter) down on the score cards going life & death with him? Berto's gonna cash out soon & I doubt it'll be a fight with Thurman. I'm all for criticizing a fighter for not making fights but I don't think this is one of those cases.

@LauderdaleBoss @patscorpio @krackdagawd @theflyest @blackestofpanthers @Knicksman20

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We were discussing Thurman vs Collazo, and the topic of Berto was brought up by me as I person who was available and willing to fight. I wanted to bring it in here since we're discussing Berto anyways and how dangerous he is/isnt.

@LauderdaleBoss @patscorpio @krackdagawd @theflyest @blackestofpanthers @Knicksman20

I think you sort of made the same mistake LauderdaleBoss is making. Your looking at Berto as an opponent to bring in, which is understandable, because that's the level he's at. However, his own team doesn't see it that way & are managing his career with care. Knickman20 is right here. Team Berto wouldn't agree to fight Thurman & it would be foolish to do so.

Collazo is the best possible guy, because he's a guy that has accepted he's an opponent to feed to bigger names.

Last edited:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Johnson-Burns.jpg

On this day heavyweight legend Jack Johnson died

History’s most significant fighter Jack Johnson died on June 10 1946, writes John Dennen

JACK JOHNSON was the world’s first African-American heavyweight champion, which not only puts him in sporting annuals but assures him a place in social history.

The heavyweight championship of the world wasn’t just a trophy in those days. It was a highly prized office and it mattered to White America, in the racist ferment of the time, that they held on to it. Black contenders were forbidden from even boxing for the title.
But Johnson smashed the colour bar and did it with gleeful resolve. Crucial of course was Johnson’s peerless ability in the ring. His skill made it clear he was the best boxer in America.

Racial prejudice however prevented the Galveston man from getting the title shot he deserved. It took determination to chase down world champion Tommy Burns but when they finally met in 1908 in Australia, Johnson took total command and won in fourteen rounds.
Johnson was never shy of taunting his opponents, nor those in the crowd baying for his blood. He used his technical skills to toy with his opposition. While Johnson made a statement in the ring, he also would not allow himself to be cowed in his life outside the ropes. He flaunted his fame and wealth, dressing flamboyantly and giving free rein to his desire to race fast cars.

‘Great White Hopes’ were dredged up, including a curious match with middleweight Stanley Ketchel, before James J. Jeffries, the previously unbeaten champion, was summoned from retirement. It had been six years since Jeffries had last fought and he laboured to get himself back to the fitness of old, with the added burden of White America’s expectations weighing on his shoulders.

The passions roused built their showdown in Reno on July 4 1910 up into a climatic event. But Johnson remained head and shoulders above his challenger. Jeffries got himself off to a reasonable start, managing to draw blood from Johnson’s mouth in the fourth round.
From then on the champion took control, weakening Jeffries and picking him slowly apart. He pounced in the 15th round, left hands to the jaw knocking Jeffries into the lower ropes where he was counted out.

African-Americans celebrated but several people died race riots that broke out across the country. That led the authorities to ban the distribution and transmission of film of the fight. The occasion of course remains a defining moment in boxing, and American, history.
Johnson was master of his own fate in and out of the ring. His association with white women outraged the society of the day, prompting unfair scrutiny of his private life. A charge for transporting a woman across state borders for immoral purposes was concocted and Johnson fled the country to avoid jail.

He defended the title in Paris and agreed to box the gigantic Jess Willard in Cuba. He met the 6ft 6ins cowboy in Havana in 1915. Willard couldn’t match Johnson for technique but his comparative youth, physical strength and stamina proved decisive in the Cuban heat. Eventually, in the 26th round, Willard leveled Johnson.

Losing the title did not make Johnson’s life easier. A safe return to America did not come together after the Willard fight and he lived in exile until 1920, when he surrendered to federal authorites and was incarcerated for eight months in Leavenworth prison. He boxed until he was 50, a sad end to a glorious career. He died in 1946 in a car crash as he drove furiously away from a diner that had refused to serve him.

His ringcraft alone makes a case for Johnson to be considered one of the greatest heavyweights who ever lived. His cultural impact is unparalleled. He paved the way for the champions who followed. Joe Louis notably adopted the opposite persona, more palatable to the general public of his day. Muhammad Ali, so famously his own man, followed the trail that Jack Johnson had blazed.
What else happened ON THIS DAY?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Yo mean get hit with a left hook dodge two wild punches then hit a breh on the backside of his dome :dahell:

:russ: he slipped that. it didnt hit solidly and half of that punch went on the glove. thats all u can do some times in boxing.

marcos throws wild punches too. what u just supposed to let them hit u?:ohhh: donaire can crack a bit. he actually caught walters good in an exchange but walters recovered fast.:birdman:

he came in with his head down . walters didnt mean to hit him in the back of the head.:ufdup: