Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
but that's not even a good card if you put them together

:yeshrug:

id buy the cheapest tickets i can..everytime i go to a live boxing event i sneak into better seats anyways.. always enjoy live boxing even tho its not a megacard or anything..maybe i can take some signs insulting chavez jr and heckle him

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug:

id buy the cheapest tickets i can..everytime i go to a live boxing event i sneak into better seats anyways.. always enjoy live boxing even tho its not a megacard or anything..maybe i can take some signs insulting chavez jr and heckle him

Live Boxing is always good...regardless of who's fighting imo

• Dap
Reactions: L68

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Frampton fighting the guy working the Churro stand at Santa Monica Pier:francis:

CBS.png

:francis:

If my lady didn't watch that Penny show I would have been tossed showtime in the bushes off principle. They have been full of struggle this year.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:Chad Dawson moving down to 168 to get beatdown by Ward is one of the dumbest career decisions I've ever seen. Ward ended that man's career.

His whole camp was built around making weight. He was getting beat down & knocked down by Edison Miranda.

:obama:I have nothing but respect for Andre Ward. He conducted himself like a champion inside & especially outside the ring. He didn't give them a pound. Told them 168 or no fight. That's how you negotiate.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I dont think Berto can beat anyone on that level breh:yeshrug:

I dont think he can beat Victor Ortiz or Robert Guerrero...let alone Khan, Broner, Thurman. He was losing to Josesito Lopez:manny:

You're missing the point.

He doesn't have to be able to beat them in order to be dangerous. He just poses too much of a threat that isn't worth the risk yet. That's why I said he's about one more victory away from a big or semi big fight.

Berto may be defensively challenged and may employ some of the worst gameplans to enter a ring....but, He still hits hard as fukk and he's still quick and game. Dude always manages to land a good shot on you no matter who you are. Berto is definitely the underdog against cats like Thurman, Broner, Khan, Brook, but the chances of him hurting one of those guys is all too possible and how many do you think would be able to gut it out afterwards. Broner is getting slapped around by Maidana who can legit punch, but Thurman nor Brook has fought anybody that can crack like Chino or Berto. Berto has a chance against them too. I mean you got Collazo fighting Thurman in Tampa. If Berto was some non threat, they could have made Thurman/Berto battle of FL..similar to how they doing Broner/Porter. That's definitely a bigger fight than Thurman/Collazo. At least Berto coming off a win.

Hell, when you really look at it...Berto is wayyyy to dangerous especially when you factor how bad Khan and the Ghost looked against obvious cherry picks. I had both them losing and getting their asses kicked. It's not out of the question for Berto beat any of those nikkas.

Berto would definitely beat Ortiz at this point. Ghost is a toss up, but Guerrero is going life and death against career mode nikkas with 4 Ko's:mjlol: Khan is getting rocked and made to run wind sprints from a nikka with 8 Ko's. :heh:Berto is definitely a dangerous fight for Khan. shyt.. Yeah Berto was losing to Lopez, but hell Lopez would prolly KO Khan or drop him at this point too. Dude's chin ain't shyt at 147lbs. :pachaha:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

He doesn't have to be able to beat them in order to be dangerous. He just poses too much of a threat that isn't worth the risk yet. That's why I said he's about one more victory away from a big or semi big fight.

Berto may be defensively challenged and may employ some of the worst gameplans to enter a ring....but, He still hits hard as fukk and he's still quick and game. Dude always manages to land a good shot on you no matter who you are. Berto is definitely the underdog against cats like Thurman, Broner, Khan, Brook, but the chances of him hurting one of those guys is all too possible and how many do you think would be able to gut it out afterwards. Broner is getting slapped around by Maidana who can legit punch, but Thurman nor Brook has fought anybody that can crack like Chino or Berto. Berto has a chance against them too. I mean you got Collazo fighting Thurman in Tampa. If Berto was some non threat, they could have made Thurman/Berto battle of FL..similar to how they doing Broner/Porter. That's definitely a bigger fight than Thurman/Collazo. At least Berto coming off a win.

Hell, when you really look at it...Berto is wayyyy to dangerous especially when you factor how bad Khan and the Ghost looked against obvious cherry picks. I had both them losing and getting their asses kicked. It's not out of the question for Berto beat any of those nikkas.

Berto would definitely beat Ortiz at this point. Ghost is a toss up, but Guerrero is going life and death against career mode nikkas with 4 Ko's:mjlol: Khan is getting rocked and made to run wind sprints from a nikka with 8 Ko's. :heh:Berto is definitely a dangerous fight for Khan. shyt.. Yeah Berto was losing to Lopez, but hell Lopez would prolly KO Khan or drop him at this point too. Dude's chin ain't shyt at 147lbs. :pachaha:

:obama:

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
shots are being fired my peurto rican fam get ready to bury yall hero because ggg is cotto mandatory

Cotto is great but I’m ready to fight him, says GGG

By Victor Salazar June 9, 2015 19:50
Related Articles

ccccc.jpg
When Gennady Golovkin arrived at the Barclays Center in New York, it was almost as if a rock star walked into the arena. He was mobbed by fans, pictures flashing, it nearly took him 20 minutes to get to his seat.

As he got to his seat, he saw Miguel Cotto destroy one of his former opponents in Daniel Geale.

Cotto stopped Geale in four rounds while it took Gennady three. Golovkin says Cotto looked amazing doing what he did to Daniel Geale.

“His performance was very nice, very good,” Golovkin told ThaBoxingVoice.com. “First of all congratulations to Miguel and his team Freddie and his family. He looked amazing today.”

While Golovkin is the mandatory to Cotto’s WBC Middleweight title, it seems like what’s next on the tilt is Cotto-Alvarez.

While Cotto stood firm on facing Canelo and called it “just another fight” when HBO’s Max Kellerman asked Cotto about Triple G, it seemed like the tone in Cotto’s voice changed.

Cotto stood his ground and told Kellerman that after Canelo if Triple G is available then why not?

In the same interview, Cotto told Kellerman that he wasn’t a true Middleweight. Golovkin feels the pounds mean little because he is holding the belt and looking good in the ring.

“Right now he’s champion WBC in the Middleweight division,” Golovkin said. “Right now it doesn’t matter how many pounds he weighs; he’s a great champion. My goal is to get all the belts in the Middleweight division. I want to fight with him.”

Golovkin was asked if he would make Miguel Cotto a ‘good boy’ and his response was, “I respect Miguel, and I respect everybody. Miguel is a great champion. Everybody’s a good boy.”

In terms of a fight between Cotto and Canelo, Golovkin says, “This is boxing. Miguel and Canelo, two great champions, I don’t know who’d win.

mr heyzel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore Md
Floyd vs cotto II I'm calling it
Cotto will take time to evaluate options

By Victor Salazar June 9, 2015 18:32
Related Articles

cotttttttt.jpg
In the triangle that is Miguel Cotto, Canelo Alvarez, and Gennady Golovkin, all three fighters have taken care of business in spectacular fashion.

Canelo destroyed James Kirkland first, Triple G beat down a game Willie Monroe Jr., and finally this past weekend, Miguel Cotto stopped Daniel Geale in impressive fashion.

All three guys have proven to be draws in the scenario as well.

Canelo garnered a rating over 2.2 million viewers while drawing over 33,000 fans in Texas. Gennady garnered a 1.3 rating while selling over 12,000 tickets in Los Angeles. Cotto did 1.62 million viewers while drawing more than 12,000 in Brooklyn, New York.

Cotto is the man both Canelo and Golovkin want next. HBO’s Peter Nelson says Cotto will make that decision as to what’s best for his career between the two.

“Miguel Cotto has been calling his own shots for a while so as he said tonight, he’s going to take some time with his family and evaluate what’s next for him and fight the biggest fight to him,” Nelson told ThaBoxingVoice.com.

Cotto-Canelo is likely next and Nelson wants whatever fight Miguel chooses between Canelo and Golovkin needs to be next, no need for margination says the HBO executive.

“We at HBO like the fans are more for cooking then marinating,” stated Nelson. “We’ll see what’s available with fighters’ schedules and how they want to proceed with their career but obviously, the goal is to make biggest best fights available, that’s what we want, and that’s what the fans want.”

If Cotto-Canelo is next, Nelson has no favorite as to where it happens. He just wants to make it happen.

“I’m not selling any tickets. That’s up to the promoters and what’s best for their revenue and their business. For us, it’s just about the business of it coming together on the HBO side whether it’s a network fight or pay-per-view. From there the promoters decide on the venue, we don’t get involved with that.”

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

LOL @ this shyt here.

Berto is trash & isn't a threat at all.

You must remember Berto is a man with his own team that worked hard just to get this little 2 fight win streak going. Getting those wins was just a struggle. No way they are gonna stop any little momentum they have going. He beat Upshaw who looked like he was throwing the fight & was getting beat by Lopez. I think they should get him a big fight though. Cash him out before he loses to a lower tier fighter. Berto has nothing man.

I'm reading the shyt your typing & it's like you missed his last 2 struggle wins.

Khan was getting worked by Algeri. Berto is not Algeri man.

Guerrero beat Berto badly. Give him 6-9 months rest & he does it again.

Ortiz-Berto is a 50/50 fight.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
LOL @ this shyt here.

You must remember Berto is a man with his own team that worked hard just to get this little 2 fight win streak going. Getting those wins was just a struggle. No way they are gonna stop any little momentum they have going. He beat Upshaw who looked like he was throwing the fight & was getting beat by Lopez. I think they should get him a big fight though. Cash him out before he loses to a lower tier fighter. Berto has nothing man.

I'm reading the shyt your typing & it's like you missed his last 2 struggle wins.

I disagree with all of this :francis:

Berto def beats Ortiz at this point and the Khan fight ain't happening, they have the same trainer but with Khan's chin I don't feel comfortable picking him over too many 140lbers let alone 147. Berto touches that China and breh is done.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree with all of this :francis:

Berto def beats Ortiz at this point and the Khan fight ain't happening, they have the same trainer but with Khan's chin I don't feel comfortable picking him over too many 140lbers let alone 147. Berto touches that China and breh is done.

Berto is 5'6. Algieri is 5'10 & is a better boxer. The whole "Chris is was able to hit Khan so Berto can" is :trash:.

Khan doesn't have a great chin, but he's more cautious against guys with some power.

Berto is :trash:

If you can't beat Berto, you don't deserve to be a top WW

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
LOL @ this shyt here.

I agree with this...Berto is too much struggle on top of having serious mileage to put any long term faith in

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
Berto is 5'6. Algieri is 5'10 & is a better boxer. The whole "Chris is was able to hit Khan so Berto can" is :trash:.

Khan doesn't have a great chin, but he's more cautious against guys with some power.

Berto is :trash:

If you can't beat Berto, you don't deserve to be a top WW

I disagree but there's no point in even arguing this they are never fighting :yeshrug:

As far as Ortiz, a worse version of Berto damn near beat a better version of Ortiz. This is the same dude getting stopped by Collazo in like a round :dead: 2015 Ortiz is Zack Ryder status.

I don't want to make it seem like Berto is some killer because dude is full of struggle but he beats Ortiz at this point.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree but there's no point in even arguing this they are never fighting :yeshrug:

As far as Ortiz, a worse version of Berto damn near beat a better version of Ortiz. This is the same dude getting stopped by Collazo in like a round :dead: 2015 Ortiz is Zack Ryder status.

I don't want to make it seem like Berto is some killer because dude is full of struggle but he beats Ortiz at this point.

It seems like on the internet, you come across these people that believe in Berto. It's similar to Judah. I'll never understand it.

You just said Ortiz beat the worst version of Berto. The reason why Berto looked bad was because of Ortiz. Ortiz was arguably the best opponent (or at least the most talented) he had ever been in the ring with at that time. A huge reason I picked Ortiz to even win that fight was he had a stronger resume & had the tough fights (maidana, peterson). Berto's resume is :trash: