Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Rios ain't no fukkin 147lb'er he also has an average reach. He's gonna have trouble getting through the right hand to get to the inside. If he can do that we may have a brawl on our hands. Regardless, minimal props for brook bloating up a 135'er

im sure Rios would be a bloated up 135'er if he was fighting Bradley right??:comeon:

Matter fact your boy is P4P N is fighting Jesse Vargas at Welterweight next...Jesse Vargas has ZERO fights at 147 :mjlol:

A top 10 P4P fighter is dragging up Jesse Vargas a C fighter N Bradleys opp before that killer Vargas was.... Diego "winless in the USA" Chaves :dead:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
im sure Rios would be a bloated up 135'er if he was fighting Bradley right??:comeon:
Matter fact your boy is P4P N is fighting Jesse Vargas at Welterweight next...Jesse Vargas has ZERO fights at 147 :mjlol:

A top 10 P4P fighter is dragging up Jesse Vargas a C fighter N Bradleys opp before that killer Vargas was.... Diego "winless in the USA" Chaves :dead:
:whew:
Rios would be a cerebral inside fighter, with technical savvy if he was fighting the Black Rubix Cube Tim Bradley.

Matter fact Tim's a blown up 140lb'er word to @theflyest , with wins over ATG's pac-man** and JMM, classic fights for the people (fighting through concussion due to a slippery ring) to beat up Ruslan. Willing to fight at 154 w/ no fukks given, and openly criticizes GGG. So Vargas probably the only dude who ain't scary of Bradley. Khan dying to fight Broner but :whoa: when BATB name came up for the IBF eliminator. Special K better hope they rob Timmy and he can hold the IBF hostage longer.

American hero Timmy finish fights with a broken face and gets robbed to a draw with chaves and you using that as a dis? Wheretheydothatat? #BradleyBunch

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
I think Jennings stock kinda went up a lil after that fight,folks were expecting him to get washed (including me) but homie held his own:wow:

as for povetkin the luster was most def lost a lil, what a let down:francis: I thought dude was the one...but cot damn what a let down that fight was.

but since then, dude stringing together some solid wins, most likely can take the title from Wilder..:patrice:

yes, if wilder leans in there and tries to brawl inside.

if he uses his reach/height to jab to set up power shots then he has much better chance imo. i mean people call him china chin but wilder aint been down since amateurs and if that was a pro fight he could have continued.

plus he took multiple big shots from haye in sparring(headgear wasnt covering chin much) and stiverne hit him with some good power shots.:manny:

people say stiverne wasnt a 100 percent but most dont know that wilder had injured his eye in training hours before with a resistance band and broke his hand in round 3. i think wilder would have koed him if that didnt happen cause he clearly kd him but stiverne held/tackled him as he was falling .:heh:

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Wilder good with the 1-2. He would have had major issues if dumb ass Stiverne wasn't dehydrated. He was consistently losing the footwork battle and letting Bermane get inside his reach.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
Kell Brook retained his IBF welterweight title late in London late Saturday when he stopped fellow Englishman Frankie Gavin in six rounds.
Brook was an odds-on betting favorite going into the fight despite Gavin having a superb reputation from his amateur days when he won a world title.

But Gavin's fight plan turned out to be too passive and when the reigning champion found his full range in the sixth round he piled on the pressure and forced the stoppage.

Brook remains unbeaten with 35 wins, 24 by knockout, having taken the IBF title last year when he went to the United States to dethrone IBF champion Shawn Porter in California.

A routine first mandatory defense in March saw him quickly dispatch Romanian Jo Jo Dan with minimal fuss, paving the way for this quick return to action against British rival Gavin. Now he wants to get British rival Amir Khan in the ring, but Khan has other ideas - like waiting for a crack at Floyd Mayweather Jr. on September 12th.

Brook may now face Brandon Rios on August 29th. Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sports says there are plenty of options at welterweight for Brook.''There’s  a lot of fights out there for Kell. I'd love the fight between [Tim] Bradley and [Jessie] Vargas....the winner of that fight against Kell for two belts. That's a great fight as well. They’d love us to go to America to box Keith Thurman, which is a great fight - but I feel that we're still growing Kell here. I'd love to do something major in Sheffield.  We definitely need a big name at the end of August'' Hearn said.

sounds like they dont want thurminator:patrice:

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Thurman/Brook can be bigger later rather than now......... Mayweather and Pacquiao are kinda still in the way before the new stars can truly shine

This is a good point . . a lot of people want to accelerate the progression of these young men's careers. We wanna just throw Thurman and Brook in there now on some then winner gets Mayweather in September, it would be cool to see one of these guys fight Mayweather and then after go on to dominate the division for years to come, I guess we kind of just don't want Mayweather to go out without snatching up some of these 0's :demonic:

JDee323

Pro
Daps
Reppin
LA

if he uses his reach/height to jab to set up power shots then he has much better chance imo. i mean people call him china chin but wilder aint been down since amateurs and if that was a pro fight he could have continued.

plus he took multiple big shots from haye in sparring(headgear wasnt covering chin much) and stiverne hit him with some good power shots.:manny:

people say stiverne wasnt a 100 percent but most dont know that wilder had injured his eye in training hours before with a resistance band and broke his hand in round 3. i think wilder would have koed him if that didnt happen cause he clearly kd him but stiverne held/tackled him as he was falling .:heh:

Didn't he get dropped by a journeyman early in his pro career? I gotta double check that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

:bplease:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:whew:
Rios would be a cerebral inside fighter, with technical savvy if he was fighting the Black Rubix Cube Tim Bradley.

Matter fact Tim's a blown up 140lb'er word to @theflyest , with wins over ATG's pac-man** and JMM, classic fights for the people (fighting through concussion due to a slippery ring) to beat up Ruslan. Willing to fight at 154 w/ no fukks given, and openly criticizes GGG. So Vargas probably the only dude who ain't scary of Bradley. Khan dying to fight Broner but :whoa: when BATB name came up for the IBF eliminator. Special K better hope they rob Timmy and he can hold the IBF hostage longer.

American hero Timmy finish fights with a broken face and gets robbed to a draw with chaves and you using that as a dis? Wheretheydothatat? #BradleyBunch

No he's not.

He fought at 152 in the amateurs and started his pro career at 147.

mr. smoke weed

Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Some of you dudes make me question your boxing acumen. Long power punchers need SPACE for their punches to be effective. Thus getting INSIDE on them neutralizes their power. This is why Ward would beat down GGG/Kovalev, it's why Wlad will always be vulnerable and it's why (besides the bum tour) people are shaky on Wilder. Dude's have little to no inside game.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Wilder has been down as a pro and nearly koed by a sub 500 fighter...and wobbled before