Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

MIAlien

#FactsOnly
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wade County
I'm going to call out HBO and say they are not trying to market black fighters besides Crawford and Bradley who's on his way out who do they really have to market the African American audience
First off, you named two big names and said they don't count. Why? HBO helped make both of them big names.

Second, they lost a lot of African American talent when they stopped doing business with Haymon. They put a lot of support behind Broner, Devon Alexander, Deontay Wilder, Thurman,etc and they made their names on HBO. Max Kellerman never pulled the mic away from AB when he dropped his Can Man promo. And Haymon keeps scooping up a lot of the best young, talented black fighters. Now HBO has to rely on Golden Boy and Top Rank.

I will say they lowballed Andre Ward and forced Roc Nation's hand. They should've paid him for his comeback fight. He's the African American star that boxing needs.

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
BoxingScene.com has been advised that Cornelius K9 Bundrage will defend his IBF super welterweight title against his undefeated mandatory challenger Jermall Charlo (21-0, 16KOs) on July 25th at a venue to be determined. The fight will be part of Al Haymon's Premier Boxing Champions  series.Bundrage won the title for the second time in his career in October when he out-pointed Carlos Molina in Mexico. Charlo was in action in March, dominating Michael Finney over ten rounds. He was active in 2014, winning three times with a knockout of Lenny Bottai, a knockout of Norberto Gonzalez and a stoppage of Hector Munoz.  The venue and the rest of the televised card should be announced soon.

get ready for strugglemania:skip:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
First off, you named two big names and said they don't count. Why? HBO helped make both of them big names.

Second, they lost a lot of African American talent when they stopped doing business with Haymon. They put a lot of support behind Broner, Devon Alexander, Deontay Wilder, Thurman,etc and they made their names on HBO. Max Kellerman never pulled the mic away from AB when he dropped his Can Man promo. And Haymon keeps scooping up a lot of the best young, talented black fighters. Now HBO has to rely on Golden Boy and Top Rank.

I will say they lowballed Andre Ward and forced Roc Nation's hand. They should've paid him for his comeback fight. He's the African American star that boxing needs.

That SRL face run. :whew:

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
My parents are hitting it in the bathroom.

Your parents are smoking a joint in my bathroom ?

Nah, they phucking.