Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Shawn Porter vs Adrien Broner is almost a done deal, but according to reports there will be same day weigh ins and Porter can't weigh over 10lbs of the catchweight of 144lbs???? :skip:

whats the fukkin point of this shyt.. fight someone your own weight:snoop:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Porter can beat him though...and KO him:manny:

You said it yourself Porter is all muscle... The nikka strips naked to make 147...his body gonna go thru hell to make 144

AB got this... his last fight was in March so he shouldn't be way outta shape...he'd have to fight like a dumbass to lose, errything is in his favor

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
You said it yourself Porter is all muscle... The nikka strips naked to make 147...his body gonna go thru hell to make 144

AB got this... his last fight was in March so he shouldn't be way outta shape...he'd have to fight like a dumbass to lose, errything is in his favor

That's not out of the question:heh:

But AB is gonna just play it safe and stick him from the outside:ehh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That's not out of the question:heh:

Oh I know :russ:

Thats why when nikkas was slamming me in the other thread for even questioning AB might not Box smart vs Danny I was
f8165c24418b7c40a0fbd7d0b34c489a8a5295e962191a2eb432b8b66890728e.jpg

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Oh I know :russ:

Thats why when nikkas was slamming me in the other thread for even questioning AB might not Box smart vs Danny I was
f8165c24418b7c40a0fbd7d0b34c489a8a5295e962191a2eb432b8b66890728e.jpg

He fought Maidana stupidly and I dont doubt if Shawn Porter turns up that aggression on him, catching him with a big shot in the early rounds, that AB might get mad, toss the gameplan in the bushes then attempt to stand and trade with him like he did Maidana, and get rocked in the process:snoop:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He fought Maidana stupidly and I dont doubt if Shawn Porter turns up that aggression on him, catching him with a big shot in the early rounds, that AB might get mad, toss the gameplan in the bushes then attempt to stand and trade with him like he did Maidana, and get rocked in the process:snoop:

Thats why I said AB gotta prove his style against Molina is gonna hold up against above avg opp

Its easier to Box smartly against someone throwing 250 total punches in 12 rds then someone throwing 500+ punches etc...

I remember reading the 4 fights before Molina...AB averaged 10.5 jabs thrown a round connecting on 25%

Thats why I questioned his Jab N dedication to it...against better opp hes goin have to use it more

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Good:demonic:

There can only be 1 AB:ahh:

Anyways, Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter is now official, because AB ducks NO ONE and Andre Berto, Rances Barthelemy, Zab Judah and all of the rest of the "names" cant fukk with Showtime Shawn aka The Ohio Powerhouse, so this is a great matchup:ufdup:

Broner-Porter fight in Las Vegas highlights latest slate of PBC cards

Harry How / Getty Images; Nicholas Kamm / AFP
Former world champions Adrien Broner, left, and Shawn Porter will face off June 20 in a welterweight showdown at MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
By Lance Pugmire
May 11, 2015, 3:55 p.m.

Round two of the Premier Boxing Championship fight cards will include a June 6 afternoon card at StubHub Center in Carson headlined by California’s Robert Guerrero, and a June 20 welterweight showdown at MGM Grand in Las Vegas between former world champions Adrien Broner and Shawn Porter.

The Times learned Monday from officials involved in finalizing the Broner-Porter negotiations that the bout, to be televised by NBC, will be fought at a catch weight expected to be 144 or 145 pounds.

A day after that fight at MGM Grand, in a card to be televised by CBS, junior-welterweight Antonio DeMarco, who trains at Hollywood’s Wild Card Boxing Club, will meet unbeaten former super-featherweight champion Rances Barthelemy.

Former three-division champion Broner (30-1, 22 knockouts) helped powerful boxing manager Al Haymon’s PBC launch on March 7 on NBC when he defeated Covina’s John Molina by unanimous decision at MGM Grand.

Former welterweight world champion Porter (25-1-1) followed on a PBC show in Ontario, knocking out replacement opponent Erick Bone in the fifth round after Roberto Garcia failed to make weight.

Meanwhile, Guerrero, who lost to unbeaten Keith Thurman on the opening PBC card, will fight Los Angeles’ Aron Martinez (19-3-1, four KOs) on a Saturday afternoon show at StubHub Center in Carson on June 6.

Tickets for the card range from $25 to $200 and will be a tough sell for promoters given the noon start of the telecast, but a heavy local flavor could help draw an audience.

In addition to bouts featuring former heavyweight title challenger Chris Arreola of Riverside and Southland junior-middleweight product Alfredo Angulo, the card will also feature a featherweight fight between Vic Darchinyan and Jesus Cuellar and other local talents, promoter Tom Brown said.

For former lightweight world champion DeMarco (31-4-1, 23 KOs), his bout against Barthelemy (22-0, 13 KOs) is a likely watershed event after the 29-year-old was battered by Jessie Vargas in a unanimous-decision loss in November.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83513756/

#BandCamp vs #PorterPosse = #BattleOfOhio

#OhioPlayers

:blessed:

Thread coming soon:youngsabo:

:lupe: Hold up, doesn't Andre Ward fight 6/20? Y'all just gonna bump Dre like that? #Bandcamp #NewRules

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
I'm riding with #Bandcamp, but Porter seems all wrong for Broner.

but still....

I can't hate on that match up. Should be a good fight.

To me too and I'd be surprised if he's not the underdog in this fight:manny: